quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

nervous

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: March 24, 2005 10:39 PM    Post subject: nervous Reply with quote

I have had fibromyalgia for many years - 18 to be exact. For those who don't know what it is, it's body wide achiness all over. It also makes you very fatigued. The chronic pain is something that I've never really paid attention to, the fatigue was what bothered me. But I was younger and had no children so if I got tired I only had myself to worry about. So I've never seen a doctor or been treated for this. Recently, the fatigue has been overwhelming so I finally decided to give in and see a doctor. He said he can help me and I am thrilled but first he wanted me to take an adrenal cortex test and a blood test. The adrenal test was no big deal but I am scared to death about this blood test. After smoking for 27 years I'm so afraid that my he'll find out that my fatigue is caused by something else. Last week I had 24 shots in my mouth during dental work - no big deal. But this darn little blood test is just freaking me out. I need a pep talk. Kerry
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: March 24, 2005 10:49 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry, don't you feel it is the unknown that has you so up tight? I have had blood work done every 6 months and he always lists fatique as the reason...nothing has shown up yet....I was suppose to have one redone because my white blood cells were elevated but then I got sick so it has not been retested. My daughter is anemic which could be another cause for your tiredness...but does not have to be serious...

Take the test and get it over with....just like quitting smoking....you just never know the outcome until you try. Best of luck to you.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 24, 2005 10:57 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry,
You will feel so much better after the test is done! Take a few deep breaths and relax. It's great you're getting this all checked out by a doctor. Please let us know how it all turns out. I'll be thinking of you,

Smile
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 24, 2005 11:58 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can understand your nervousness, kerry, but i have to agree with kay; better the devil you know than the devil you don't. whatever they find out, you'll feel better knowing it; until then, all you can do is guess, and if you're like me, you'll guess the worst...

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 25, 2005 5:37 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry~

You've just got to face these fears head-on. I was so scared this summer when they found a lump about a month after my quit. I was convinced I had lung cancer that had spread. The sense of relief when I left the hospital was so intense ~ I am so glad I faced this head-on. And you better believe I noticed every single smoker as I walked to my car. Crying or Very sad

Also, may I suggest that now is the time to call in that support network. I did face my fear head-on, but I had my sister holding my hand. You really need to let others (in the 3D world) know if you feel you need support ~ just like you have done here.

I am sending you some turbo healthy vibes! Cool

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: March 25, 2005 10:30 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry, I agree with all the previous writers. Get that blood test done and you'll know what you're dealing with. Just think, you may be able to get rid of the fatigue. That would certainly give you a new lease on life.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 25, 2005 11:21 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry,

Be strong!! Tell this unsettled feeling to take a hike! You'll know the results soon. Then you'll know for sure and will be able to treat it. Till then, it's all just speculation. Keep your chin up! Very Happy

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 25, 2005 2:32 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry, I don't know what to say. I am convinced that doctors do lots of tests for no other reason than...they can! It's amazing to me how few tests they think are really needed when you go on my type of health plan...which is call the "You pay cash" medical plan. all of a sudden looking down your throat and having you say AHHHH is as high tech as they feel is needed. sometimes I think doctors, because of the liability, are afraid to tell a patient that there is nothing wrong with them, and just go home and get some more rest!

I'd ask if they are testing for something specific...or are they just on a fishing expedition. Either way...a simple blood test often can reveal a lot....but if they find nothing....don't freak out too much. Hey, sometimes you have fatigue because of the weather, long weather...or you are just plain bored or tired out from doing too much.

I'm rampbling......but I guess I mean that it's normal to think the worst...when it's usually something simple or nothing at all. I think worrying about it too much just makes the symptoms worse!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 25, 2005 9:48 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry,

I'd be vitally interested to know the results of these tests--the adrenal cortex test (what is it?) and the blood test. I have Fibromyalgia and have for years. I didn't know any help was available, especially from blood tests.

Please let me know. Also, who did you go to? Maybe I can go there, even if it is in the 'burbs, because I would do anything to find a good treatment program for the Fibro!!!!!! It is by far my worse thing--much worse than the herniated disks.

Thanks, and good luck, Very Happy
YOu'll be fine, and you have me breathing down your neck, also! Wink

Margaret
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: March 25, 2005 11:56 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for all of your replies. I didn't get notification that this post was answered so I need to check my profile again. I don't think my doctor is too worried about anything. He just wants to rule stuff out. I think his main concern is anemia which I had during my last pregnancy. The thing that scared me though, was that I thought if you weren't pregnant, anemia meant something very bad. He assured me that some people, especially women, can be borderline anemic without having anything wrong with them. I've decided to act like a grown-up and scheduled the test for Tuesday.

Margaret, this doc is a regular MD but also practices alternative medicine. That is why I went to him. Many docs in the medical community have a hard time with fibro and I came to the conclusion that I might as well pay the out of network fees if I have a doctor who can help me. He studied at the wellness center with Dr. Andrew Weil in Arizona and I do have a lot of respect for Dr. Weil. He's in Elk Grove and I can get you the info if you're interested. An adrenal cortex test is where they test your adrenal glands. I had to spit 3 ml in a test tube 4 times yesterday and then freeze it. Are you all jealous of how glam I am? Then I called DHL to come and pick up the test where they are shipping it to Colorado. I guess people who have low levels of whatever stuff is in your adrenal glands can get very tired. Anyway, I'm trying to be calm. I had the best dream I've ever had in my life a couple of days ago and I've had a slight calmness about me every since. (Still, a couple of prayers or two thrown my way couldn't hurt Rolling Eyes )

HAVE A GREAT EASTER EVERYONE!!!
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 26, 2005 12:58 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Kerry,

I would like very much to have the doc's name. I cn get to Elk Grove Villiage. No problem. And I also know who Dr. Weill was and have great respect for him.

Now....about that GLAMOUR! Yes, of course I want it! And of course I'm jealous.....but the spit in my mouth is ususlly so dry that it's going to take several days to spit that much. Laughing However, I'm willin' if the doc is! Laughing

Thanks Kerry. If you want you can PM it to me, or I'll check back here, either way.

HERE COME A WHOLE BIG BUNCH OF PRAYERS,TOO!!!!!!! Smile Smile Smile Smile

Margaret
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: