quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Freedom Groups
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frippy

Quit Date:
March 16, 2005

PostPosted: March 28, 2005 2:47 PM    Post subject: Freedom Groups Reply with quote

Hey all, I have a rant, and because I am in a bad mood, I really need to vent. I keep seeing you guys speak about freedom group, and while I will admit they have extensive information on thier site, their administrator is very rude to say the least.
Why you ask?

Because they turned me away for NO GOOD REASON other then that they didn't like my username. For MSN that username would be "thehearael".
Mad Mad Mad Crying or Very sad
I inquired about the pure meanness of turning away someone in need of help for such an insignificant reason. And guess what? No one even replied to my plea?

Can we say stuck up? Like I am going to go change my user name to suit the moderator of a community.

I am mad. Why would they DO that to someone.
Dana Rae

Quit Date:
January 22, 2005

PostPosted: March 28, 2005 6:49 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't feel bad they turned me down too!! They had no excuse for me just NO!! Oh well ...who needs them anyway...Dana
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 28, 2005 6:56 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frippy,

Yep, the emotional rollercoaster is some ride with the ups and downs. Early part of the quit it is ohhhh soooo common! Wink Very Happy I still get a hair sideways myself sometimes. Embarassed

Question....are you talking about the Freedom From Smoking Program at www.lungusa.org ? If you are....sorry you had a hard time there. Personally, I did the modules, but have posted very, very little there. I like Woofmang so much better! Wink Very Happy

Keep the resolve!

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: March 28, 2005 8:08 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Frippy, I'm sorry that you got turned down. I was once turned down from a group too. I don't get it. Do they think that they're "Studio 54?" Anyway, I don't even get what they thought was bad about your name. This is a better site anyway. We'll like ya no matter what you call yourself. Kerry
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 28, 2005 8:37 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't feel bad, frippy - i was turned down, too (i think the reason was that i'd been quit too long - about a month at that point - even though they had members who were counting their quits in years). in fact, i've been around the online quit support community for over three years now, and i don't know anybody that was ever accepted into that particular "support" group... Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
frippy

Quit Date:
March 16, 2005

PostPosted: March 28, 2005 9:08 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb~
It was Joel's Freedom Page on MSN groups. Apparently they are one of the boggest Quit networks, but alas they did not like theherael (which is merely a combination of mine and my fiancee's names). Its ok because I like it here much better...I am more of a low key type message board person.

But oh my am I emotional since the quit....I am just paitiently praying and waiting for it to pass...if it ever will lol

Kevin+ Dana + Kerry~
Yeah from what I am guessing they are mighty selective, and its sad. They offer so much info and when it comes down to the nitty gritty nail biting frustration, where are they? Rooty poo. It really put me off so much that even if turned out they didnt mind my name anymore, I proobably would never join that support group.
LadyHouck

Quit Date:
January 4, 2004

PostPosted: March 28, 2005 9:55 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I am a member, but only because I read all the small print and copied and pasted a whole bunch of stuff and signed my name in blood, etc and so on. If you don't repeat a certain phrase word for word in your "application", they will turn you down flat. But don't stress, they have some great information and you don't need to be a member to read every last sentence. In essence, you are not allowed to post messages and that is about what it boils down to.

Kevin and the group here are really wonderful and the support offered here is second to none. So read all you want at Whyquit and come over here for the real support! Very Happy

Tonya
3+ years!

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.

Erma Bombeck
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 28, 2005 10:00 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frippy,

Ok...the "other" site...gotcha! Wink
I never tried there because I'm on the patch and that's a HUGE NO-NO to them!. Shocked I have learned alot from that site, though.

You're doing great...keep up the resolve!!!

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: March 28, 2005 10:32 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tonya it's funny that you say that. I was turned down because I forgot to answer one sentence. So I reapplied and then was turned down because I applied twice. I thought the same thing that friggy did. Here was a site that had great information but when it came to actually helping people, they were quite particular. If I'm not mistaken, Joel himsefl has never smoked. Maybe he just doesn't get it. Just a thought.
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 28, 2005 11:27 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoaaa...Kerry....he's never smoked before???? Well, that would explain the stance on NRT's....doesn't know that some of us just aren't able to cope with the full blown withdraw. (That would be miss whimpy here Rolling Eyes ) But that's ok...as long as I stay quit is all that matters!!! Wink

Living in Freedom
Deb

Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: March 28, 2005 11:43 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb, that is all that matters......I remember going and reading on that site but was immediatedly turned off by the holier than thou attitude about NRT's....to me it is not how one beats the addiction but the fact that it gets done .....then maybe, just maybe someone else can learn something that just may help them....if the NRT helps then use it....even if it is all in your head, so is Scowling Demon ....

I am sure there is alot of information on that site...the fact that Joel may never have smoked concerns me....how would someone who had never taken a drink understand the trials and heartbreak of an alcoholic?????

Just be thankful that we are in a place that welcomes us for who we are and where the lights are always left on without anyone worrying about the lightbill....where there is warmth, friendship and love.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 28, 2005 11:57 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay you said.....
Quote:
Just be thankful that we are in a place that welcomes us for who we are and where the lights are always left on without anyone worrying about the lightbill....where there is warmth, friendship and love.

Amen....Kay!!!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Living in Freedom
Deb

Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: March 29, 2005 2:12 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a lot of great info at that site. I never tried joining the message boards there because I quit using the patch. Over the last year a bunch of people have posted at FFS that they were turned done. So what, is what I say. Read the stuff for free it is really good and post here with this wonderful group. Thanks again Kevin for a place to call home. Very Happy

Tammy
Free and loving it!
frippy

Quit Date:
March 16, 2005

PostPosted: March 29, 2005 9:32 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tammy wrote:
Thanks again Kevin for a place to call home. Very Happy

AGREED! Laughing
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: March 29, 2005 4:36 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres no place like home..
Theres no place like home....
Theres no place like home...

Be it ever so humble...
Theres no place like home...

THANKS KEVIN! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: