quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Checkin' In

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zoey

Quit Date:
November 14, 2006

PostPosted: April 30, 2004 3:26 PM    Post subject: Checkin' In Reply with quote

Hey everyone, I hope that your quits are as bright and perky as the spring-time birds hopping around looking for another bird to make a nest with...

While this site was down, I posted at FFS. The jest of it was that I could not believe that I made it through the beginning half of this week. It was extremely stressful for me. Most importantly, I had never EVER made it through a semester in college (or h.s.) where final projects are due, deadlines are coming to a head, and I didn't smoke. All the way through high school and undergrad, smoked my lungs away during this type of period in time.

Last semester I took off, in part because I did not want to go back early in a quit. This semester, things got (and still are to an extent) pretty rough for me. But I didn't smoke.

It's finally sunk in that I don't have a single other thing that I used to relate to smoking that I have yet to do again. (Well, getting high, but that's pretty much out for my future.) There's nothing that I used to associate with smoking that I haven't done as a non-smoker.

I still have about 5 more days of the semester final projects. But the rough part was getting through the beginning of this week with it's presentations. And it's over. And I didn't smoke.

Alright, you might tell from thsi message that I have a hard time editing my papers, so I have to go. I just wanted to jump for joy with all of you and let newbies know that it is possible. I was just the typical smoker. Now, I don't anymore!

Take care!
alison

Quit Date:
June 3, 2003

PostPosted: April 30, 2004 4:07 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoey,

I'm jumping for joy for you. I knew that you could do this. I also knew it would be hard but here you are through the worst of it and still hanging solid to your quit. Celebrate all the good that has come to you.

You are a shining example of what the human spirit is capable of.

I wish you peace.

alison
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 30, 2004 4:25 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Keep blowing those little bubbles!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Carol

Quit Date:
December 9, 2009

PostPosted: April 30, 2004 4:52 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a little cartoon I found, that I thought you may enjoy. A Little stress breaker Razz Wink Very Happy

Good for you I know this has been a very difficult time for you. And I am sincerely impressed at how well you have done. And how much you have learned about you through this process.
Keep it up and ACE those finals

WALK TALL WALK PROUD
CAROL
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 30, 2004 8:12 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

good for you, Zoey!

keep blowing those bubbles!

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: