quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Discouraged!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 3, 2005 3:36 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Mary and Kay.

Mary, I appreciate those good thoughts. I left a post for you, which you've seen by now, on your thread. My thoughts are with you on Monday! Not to worry, I will not endanger my quit!

Kay, I am serious about going to live with Melody! Laughing .....just kidding, after all, but a party sure sounds good! A real one--no "pity" invited! Wink Let's make that wine champaign! Very Happy

Margaret
exsmoker

Quit Date:
October 14, 2007

PostPosted: April 3, 2005 10:19 PM    Post subject: marw Reply with quote

You seem to be having some health issues. I understand that these can upset you. But smoking will just make it worse. I am guessing that you are feeling that a cigarette will bring you comfort. WRONG! And I know that you know this. Look at the bright side,Spring is here! A small walk aday can do wonders. For the mind and the stomach. I mean body. I am so glad Spring is here. I too need to get some exercise. Well I hope you feel better soon. Hold your head up. Things will to get better.

Diane
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 3, 2005 10:56 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Diane,

Thanks for the encouragement! It was a passing moment, but I thought I should post it anyway. I post them all--never take a chance--however slight they may be--a rule of mine!! And it's nice to get sympathy for those medical issues, too! Cool Don't worry, my quit is safe!

It's great to have you here at woofmang. I love reading your posts! You are really doing a grand job! Smile

Like Londa said, I bounce well! Laughing

Love,
Margaret

Margaret
exsmoker

Quit Date:
October 14, 2007

PostPosted: April 3, 2005 11:04 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you feel you need to post all your cravings then so be it . Protect your quit at any cost. Very Happy

Diane
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 3, 2005 11:26 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmm....I need to figure out how to explain this. It sounds like I had a crave, and then started denying that I did, maybe? Not sure. But actually, it was not a crave, in the sense of a crave at the beginning of our Quits, where it is so desperate or gut-wretching. Later in the Quit, where I am, it is very different. It is like passing Memories, or sometimes even fleeting thoughts, and not very often either, but I feel it is important for these never to take hold. I doubt they could, but I may be still insecure about that part. I want to be vigilant forever! My Quit is so very precious to me! Indeed, it is my life, for I likely would have died if I hadn't quit.

I don't mean at all that I don't appreciate all the good advice and reminders that I got on this thread! Far from it! I needed them! In fact, I don't think I could ever be reminded too many times about the dangers of smoking!

Also, it was so comforting to me to have friends around me as I head into the back shot procedure and the surgery! I know I did indeed have a "pity" party, but I'm over that now, thanks to all of you!!

You are so wonderful. Thank you! Smile

Margaret
exsmoker

Quit Date:
October 14, 2007

PostPosted: April 5, 2005 1:25 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

WE are all intittled to "pity" partys. Smile

Diane
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: