quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

question don't freak

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: April 7, 2005 1:56 PM    Post subject: question don't freak Reply with quote

hi, yes I am still around...been busy working and getting this house cleaned out from top to bottom...one more room to go...

my question is: has anyone ever had the tissue under their arm to appear swollen...not like a lump but more like a muscle....this goes all the way across under the arm and is quite noticeable if I raise my arm...no pain just there....

don't freak about the doctor....raised by the one who delivered me and never have freaked out about things under the doctor does....I will get it checked but was thinking internist or gyn doctor?? I have held with my weight so that is a good sign that it may just be a muscle...believe me looking down at my belly right now.....I look plenty healthy Laughing Laughing

anyone had this before???????
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: April 7, 2005 3:22 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay I have never had such a thing but I think that either doc you would see would be just fine. Keep us posted. Kerry
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: April 7, 2005 3:57 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay,

Could you have pulled something with all this cleaning you're doing? I agree with Kerry; either doctor would know what to do.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 7, 2005 5:17 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad you're still around, kay - and no, i haven't had anything like that, either; sorry... Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 7, 2005 6:59 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay,

Now see what you went and did with all that spring cleaning! Wink Shocked Very Happy

Not ever had something like that. All I know about in that area, (armpits), are some lymph nodes that can swell. But those are tender when they swell....so, I don't know.

Take care of YOU!!! Wink

Love

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: April 7, 2005 8:47 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

# 1, I meant unless the doctor does not under the doctor does Laughing Laughing
#2. Hubby says the rest of me is full and this could just be an overflow Confused Confused
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
exsmoker

Quit Date:
October 14, 2007

PostPosted: April 7, 2005 10:05 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I too have never had that. Once you get it looked at your gonna have to let us know now. LOL

Diane
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 7, 2005 11:24 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay,

To me it seems like it could be several things: muscle seems unlikely because a pulled muscle is generally sore. Maybe a fatty tumor (not serious)? I would go to the internist myself--he/she will know.

Maybe it's a lymph node that is not sore? Confused

Let us know.

Margaret
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: April 8, 2005 3:31 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi Kay,

I don't know about what you are experiencing but I have a lump under my arm that has started to get sore all under the arm recently. My doctor thought it was an infected sweat gland but the anti-biotics didn't help. Please do keep us informed.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 8, 2005 9:59 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barb,

Now that does sound like a swollen lymph node.
When it swells, it's tender Wink . The lymph system helps in removing toxins from our system. When the lymphs basically get overwhelmed, they swell. It's not really serious just uncomfortable and tender. To help reduce the swelling, cut down on caffiene. Since I drink massive amounts of coffee, I have to watch this. This happened several years ago and I was worried. Doctor said to cut the caffiene intake. Also prescribed vitamin E capsules. One in the morning and one in the evening to aid in reduction of the swollen lump. Let me tell you, the vitamin E works.....I take two every day regardless!! Wink Very Happy

So ask your doctor if it could be a lymph node. Never know! Very Happy

Love

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Marigrrl

Quit Date:
December 1, 2010

PostPosted: April 9, 2005 10:51 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read this and I was about to say what seabrez has said. It may be a swollen lymph node. I have had something similiar and it went away on its own, and the dr. had said it was no big deal.

Smile
mariko

Follow Your Bliss
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: