quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

medical tests

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: April 14, 2005 8:36 PM    Post subject: medical tests Reply with quote

Well, a few weeks ago I told you all how fatigued I'd been I had to take an adrenal test (spittin' in a test tube) and a blood test. I was so freaked out about taking those tests but with your encouragement I did it. Ironically the blood test (the thing that I feared most) came out just fine. The adrenal test was what came out bad. But actually bad is good in thie case. I least I know that I wasn't crazy and that my fatigue wasn't all in my head. The doc showed me a graph, he said that the areas in red indicated a problem. PRACTICALLY THE WHOLE THING WAS RED Laughing Anyway, he is actually starting me on a vitamin and herb regime and wants me to walk every night. Hopefully, within a month, I can start to gain some energy. I'm saying some major prayers because boy is this debilitating. Sometimes I feel 40 years older than I am. Anyway, I just wanted to thank all of you for your encouragement. I can't tell you how thrilled I am to at least have a postive blood test.

And on a side note. I was asking the doctor if it was true that low doses of aspirin could reduce your chances of lung cancer. He said no. He said that the biggest reducer of lung cancer was lifestyle. Obviously the number one change was to quit smoking. Two and three were to eat dark leafy green vegetables and aerobic exercise. He said getting oxygen back in those lungs is HUGE in preventing the disease. So let's hit those farmers markets and dust off the reboks. It's time to get moving!!!!! Kerry
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 14, 2005 11:00 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry,

Your doctor sounds good!!! Especially recommending vitamins and herbs instead of a bunch of meds (Now I don't have anything against meds...it's just some docs over do it.) Good that you are on the right track with getting the energy level back to normal!!! Very Happy

OK!!!! Chalk a HUGE one up for deep breathing. I wonder.....is that why I long for fresh air and can't get enought of it? Wink I'm ready to get outside and go biking!!! Yes, let's get this healing pumping! Cool ...thanks for the doc's advice, Kerry!!!! It's awesome.

Big Hugs and Smiles

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB

Last edited by Seabrez on April 14, 2005 11:01 PM; edited 1 time in total
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 14, 2005 11:00 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

good to hear it, kerry! Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: April 14, 2005 11:39 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I know you are relieved to have the tests over with....I agree with the walking...it builds stamina and my breathing always gets better if I stay with the walking every day. Of course, I have a 130 lb dog named Sir Winfield that helps get me up and moving Laughing Laughing Laughing So glad you feel good about your tests and your doctor.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 15, 2005 12:18 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear all is well! Very Happy
If you don't mind my asking, what was wrong? THat is, what did the "problem red" areas mean?

Best to you!

Margaret
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: April 15, 2005 3:36 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Kerry,

I'm glad that you know what the problem is with the tiredness and that now you will start to feel more alive with the vitamins and walking.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: April 15, 2005 8:22 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry, sounds like you have one smart doctor there! Now the road leads up! YOu will start feeling better!

God Bless!

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: April 15, 2005 11:00 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry,

Medical tests can be very frightening but, at times, they are necessary. I'm so happy you went through with yours and that your doctor located the root of your problems. Keep those sneakers busy and breathe. Life is wonderful!

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: