quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New day dawning!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lisaah

Quit Date:
May 2, 2004

PostPosted: May 2, 2004 4:14 PM    Post subject: New day dawning! Reply with quote

Very Happy

Hello everyone!!

I am so happy to say that I have not had a cigarette since yesterday. If you recall from the message I left yesterday, that was supposed to have been my quit day. But because I messed up and smoked a cigarette, I rescheduled the day for today. I am counting at 16 hours and 2 minutes as a non-smoker. To celebrate this, I went shopping (and lord knows I hate shopping!) LOL....I bought some clothes since very rarely do I have time to shop for me but by gosh today I did.

I absolutely have no desire for a cigarette and I LOVE IT!!!!! But if the desire smacks me in the face as I'm sure it will, I have a plan that I will implement to help me get through it. I will continue to go to FFS on a daily basis to read the modules and pay close attention to myself whenever I feel myself weakening.

How are you doing today Lisa (Calliemaee)? And to the other Lisa, thank you for responding. That is so great that your husband quit as well. Hopefully my husband will follow suit but I'm not going to push him. He will have to make that decision on his own but he knows that I will support him as he is supporting me now. We've been doing that for 30 years and this doesn't change that.

Anyway, I wanted to let you know that it's been a good day and tomorrow can only be better and then some.

Have a wonderful, smoke-free day everyone! It can be done. Lisa, you will be ok tomorrow. I will be thinking of you and also checking in on you while I'm at work. We can do this!!

Lisa Very Happy

Lisa, Recovering Nicotine Addict
jahunta

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 2, 2004 4:21 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lisa,

Congratulations!! Keep your quit going and keep it close to you. A good rule of thumb, as was passed down from past FFS'ers is to keep a list of 5 things you HAVE to do to get through a crave. First on the list is to post here, or at FFS and wait for at least 3 responses. That usually helps a lot of people. Chances are you won't get through but one or two things more on your list before your crave has left you. It's a good thing to do. So keep that in mind for your quit!! Keep it up and don't give it up!!!

Juanita

Quitting is Living!!!
QD: 2/15/04
Lisaah

Quit Date:
May 2, 2004

PostPosted: May 2, 2004 4:49 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juanita,

Thank you for your support. I most definitely have the list of 5 things to help me if and when a crave hits. I understand that the first and foremost thing to do is come to FFS/Woofmang and post to let others know I'm in trouble. And I do have an alternate back-up plan; work-out/yoga/walking/deep breathing exercises.

I feel fabulous right now. I am going to finish drinking my tea and then have a good workout. I'm also thinking that in the mornings when I would normally sit at the breakfast table drinking my coffee and smoking, I will instead get my body in gear by doing light workouts, basic stretching, etc. followed by a visit on here mid-morning to see what's going on with everyone else.

I feel good!!!!!! Even hubby isn't smoking as much so maybe in his quest to be as supportive as he can be, he is mentally challenging himself? Who knows.

BTW: Have a wonderful, smoke-free day!

Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 2, 2004 5:02 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lisa...sound like you're doing great....and also have mod 7 licked already!

You can't ask your husband to join you....but mine just announced he quit a week and a half after me. It was time for both of us. So, if he's ready, and see's you doing it....who knows?

Stay strong...PS...put your quit date in your profile for all to see!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Lisaah

Quit Date:
May 2, 2004

PostPosted: May 2, 2004 5:18 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pamela!

Thanks for telling me to put the quit date in. I never gave it a thought. That's great about your husband quitting too. How was he able to do that without you knowing it? It doesn't matter. What does matter is that you both have quit and are reaping the physical benefits of being non-smokers as well as the emotional benefits.

My husband and I already had "the discussion" about him quitting. His usual response "If you quit, then maybe, I'll quit". I told him I was quitting, not for him, as much as I love him, but for me. Sound selfish? Hell yes but hey, there's only one me and only I can do this. I can't do it for anyone but me.

He's been super. Yesterday when I was supposed to be quitting, I came home from being gone much of the morning and early afternoon and as I was walking up the walk to the porch, I looked up to the dining room window and there he was, sitting at the open window with an ashtray, pack of smokes, blowing smoke out the window!! That was just his way of showing support I guess. LOL....

Anyway, thank you for your response. I will most definitely be back.

Lisa

Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 2, 2004 5:31 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck, you can't drag anyone to this thing.....everybody has their own time and own quit. The important thing is that YOU quit for YOU and be as SELFISH as all get out. It's hard...and when it gets tough...just doe whatever you have to do for YOU to keep the quit...EXCEPT SMOKE.

My post was confusing (gee, I wonder why). I never asked Mr. Bill to quit. I just announced my quit day, and discussed the mods and such as FFS, and he's always very supportive. When quit day for me arrived....he was very considerate about not smoking his pipe in the same room, etc. After about a week and a half, we went to friends house for the first time since I'd quit, on a Sat night. On the way home, he said..."I had my last pipe at 4PM, and no one noticed all night that I didn't smoke." Well, our friends arre not smokers...so that didn't surprise me. But I didn't notice either. Just shows how in the throes of withdrawal I was!

Any way, it sounds as if your hubby is considering taking the plunge...but he has to be ready, and do it for him. Just make sure that no matter what....you do what you need to do for YOU!

Posting on FFS saved me for the first two weeks (posting here still does)....and was what I did when I craved....so don't be afraid to post your heart out when you need to...here or at FFS...better still....both!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Zuzu

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 2, 2004 6:41 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWESOME job, LisaAh!!!! YAY YOU!!! Way to rock the quitting thing!

-Zuzu
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: May 2, 2004 7:04 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lisa, Good for you. Guard this quit with everything you have. Very Happy
You can do it! Very Happy

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 2, 2004 9:13 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy to hear you're doing great today. Just always be vigilent. The nicodemon has a weird way of popping up at the most unexpected times. We're all here for you if you need us,
Calliemae

Quit Date:
May 3, 2004

PostPosted: May 2, 2004 10:44 PM    Post subject: knew you could do it Reply with quote

AWESOME!

I knew you could do it ! Keep going. I am planning on getting up and doing yoga tommorrow. had family over for fish fry. Daughter very supportive and husband. Son smokes and thinks he's being supportive but he's not. I asked him for a couple of cigs cause knew i would run out. he says no quit now. well he did give me 2 oh boy. he just has diffeernt ideas about being supportive. Keep up the good work.

Lisa
Carol

Quit Date:
December 9, 2009

PostPosted: May 2, 2004 11:27 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lisa
Wonderful first day. I am so happy it hasn't been too hard. Isn't it exciting when you realize you are actually doing it???!!! Sometime I still don't believe it. And I have 7 weeks today. It is truly a great thing you are doing for you. And glad to hear you gave your self a quit day present. You can do this....stay close to the boards...we are here for you

WALK TALL WALK PROUD
CAROL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: