quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Update on Hernia Surgery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 14, 2005 11:10 PM    Post subject: Update on Hernia Surgery Reply with quote

Hey Everyone,

Thought I would post what has been happening with this surgery, so you all would know. It is not going well. I think I am making some progress but it is so slow, I can hardly notice the difference. Well, last week I could not walk or move good, and this week I can, so this is progress, but the pain continues undiminished!! My doc is concerned about the huge amounts of Vicodin that I have been taking, because the tylenol in it can cause liver failure, so on Monday I am to go to him and have a Duragesic patch explained. I will be having that for a while to control the pain. I will also be going back to the surgeon unless there is a lessening of pain for a re-evaluation. The surgeon said by phone that this amount of pain is not normal for this procedure. Whoever said that this a minor surgery could never have had one themselves! Rolling Eyes Sad Razz

Thanks for all your kind wishes and prayers. Very Happy I will keep you posted.

I never wanted to go to 24 hour opiates, but the thought of a good nights' sleep is a dream come true. I don't get to sleep because the pain wakes me up. Hmmm...I'd better go, so I don't whine! Laughing

Margaret
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 15, 2005 8:26 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry your recovery isn't going as smoothly as you'd hoped, margaret; hopefully, the patch will help with the pain, and going back to get re-evaluated sounds like a very good idea.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: May 15, 2005 9:10 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margaret, you remain in my thoughts and prayers. Sounds like your doctors are taking good care of you, though. Please take care and keep us up-to-date.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Marvel

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 15, 2005 11:03 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margaret,

My mother wears a Duragesic patch and it works well. Believe me, being unable to sleep and let your body heal and repair itself is much worse than the risk of side effects from the patches. Take care of yourself and I hope you start feeling better really soon.

Marvel
QD 10/21/2003

marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 15, 2005 12:28 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Kevin, Jo, and Marvel. I appreciate it.

Marvel, a special thank you for alleviating my fears about the patch. I had been worrying about whether to do it.

Thanks again.

Margaret
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: May 15, 2005 1:40 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Margaret,

I will keep you in my prayers for you to get out of pain.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: