quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Can't Breathe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: May 15, 2005 1:50 PM    Post subject: Can't Breathe Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi All,

I'm afraid I've caught my girlfriend's cold. I tossed and turned last night for what seemed like hours last night because I could not breathe through my nose. I hate not being in my own home when I'm sick but instead in someone else's home. I got up this morning in time for church and put 2 eggs on the stove to boil for breakfast. I had to cut off the stove though before the water started to boil, and go back to bed.

I do not have anything to take for this cold either. I'm not really suppose to take cold remedies on count of my COPD.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
jlynn931

Quit Date:
September 22, 2016

PostPosted: May 15, 2005 1:54 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

barbara,
so sorry you are not feeling well. i hate colds, especially when you can't breath all night long. drink lots o f liquids and get yourself better!
jenny
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: May 15, 2005 3:12 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barb, drink lots of fluids and lots of Vitamin C. Have some tea, also.
I know, it is such a bummer to have a cold! Another thing that helps me, I put the shower on, get all that steam in my tiny bathroom and I can breathe better!

Hope you feel better!

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: May 15, 2005 4:12 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barb,

So sorry you've come down with a cold. They can be so miserable. I know this sounds like an "old wives tale," but it works for me. Rub your chest with Vicks Vaporub prior to retiring. Also, as Londa wrote, lots and lots of fluids.

Hope you're feeling better real soon.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 15, 2005 6:29 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Barbara,

I'm really sorry about your cold. Know just what you mean about wanting to be home when you are sick, too. But this will pass. Yes, do the Vicks vapor rub on the chest and the fluids, and steam in the bathroom--you can put your head under a towel over the sink and steam that way, too. Get someone to get some Zinc cough drops from the drug store. Zinc works wonders. Get well soon!

Margaret
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: May 15, 2005 7:14 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad I wished I would have read this before sending my girlfriend's husband to the drugstore. I had just copied and pasted a long rant in the rant section. There is no room for lots of liquids for myself. I have very limited space. I asked for paper cups to drink stuff out of but I get tiny cups to take medicine though instead. After thinking about it I'm sure I got the tiny cups because my friend takes medicine 3 or 4 times a day and it benefited her more than me since I only take medicine once at night and have the dissovlable cold tablets. I could have though asked for some juice which would have been good. They act like they don't want to do anything. I cannot take this living arrangement.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: May 15, 2005 8:33 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who are you living with? Is there anywhere else you can go?
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: May 15, 2005 10:46 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi Kerry,

I have a very new girlfriend I could move in with that has more space but I would not feel comfortable doing it not knowing her for very long. And especially after she told me yesterday she didn't think it would be a good idea to visit a church member at least 20 years older than me in an assisted living home because I'm a married woman. It did not make sense to me. I think my husband will be okay for awhile at least since he's been so willing to co-operate with marriage counseling. I can always move out again if not and at least he knows that now.

Blessings,

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: