quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Can't Take It

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: May 15, 2005 6:59 PM    Post subject: Can't Take It Reply with quote

I copied and pasted this from Works just now since I do not want to tie up my friend's phone line too much.

I have this terrible cold and had asked my girlfriend if her husband could get us some Alka-Seltzer cold and flu tablets that you dissolve in water and some cups to dissolve them in. He got the tablets you dissolve in your mouth and the cups too! But instead of cups big enough to drink somehting, they are tiny cups to swallow pills with. The only reason why I wanted the cups were to dissolve the tablets in so it didn’t make much sense to me why her husband got the cups. Also, had he gotten what I had specifically asked for, I would have gotten more doses for about the same price. I hate to be nick picky but I have already provided a chicken casserole for the 3 of them one night, bought 3 packages of ham in 4 days which I in no way ate all of, and split a gigantic bag of kisses with my girlfriend. All the other nights I’ve eaten my food except tonight she provided a very small portion of her supper for me. I know I have been eating a little of my girlfriend’s food but nothing compared to what I have been supplying for the 3 of them. When she asked me for the $3 for the cups when I had forgot all about them after only paying for the Alka-Seltzer cold medicine, it just rubbed me the wrong way. I am paying $50 a week for a tiny room that I have no space in, only 2 drawers and a closet that I could only squeeze about 2 or 3 things in because it is so packed. I am to keep all my medicines in my tiny room, have to move my computer chair to get to my bed, and move the hamper to get in the closet. The dresser drawers will not come out all the way on count of the bed being too close. The room is extremely hot.

This just is not working out for me. My girlfriend wants to talk about her family and friends and show me pictures all the time as though she is just looking for a constant companion at her convenence. She’s tried her best to get to drive my car twice last week when her son had her car at work all day. She wants me to go to see her family and friends when I do not know them and already have other things I need to be doing. When she was at my house with her husband moving me, she kept asking me what I wanted and what I didn’t so she could have it herself. I cannot get online too much during the day so it is complete hell here. I still do not have a key to her house even though I’ve paid her $50 this week for rent.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: May 15, 2005 8:36 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you get out of this situation?
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 15, 2005 9:43 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm sorry to hear that your friend's place is not turning out to be all that you'd like it to be, barbara; have you talked to her about this at all? things probably won't change if she doesn't know that anything's wrong. hang in there, and keep in mind that this is only temporary.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: May 15, 2005 10:37 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy In answer to the 1st question, I can leave but would it be better at another girlfriend's house who I barely know? I have briefly talked to my friend today about how I felt and one of the big issues was not having anything to do. Her remedy was to go to my house and get more of my things which there is no way there is any room at her house for anymore of my things. She does not like to take no for an answer. I have lived with her before in 1990 for a year but she was nothing like this. I do plan to talk to her tomorrow and let her know that I plan to go back home. If I stay here it's going to ruin my friendship with her and I do not want that. I would have waited to move had I known how much she had changed over the years. Some things I knew about but the not wanting to take no for an anwser from me is something I think is new.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: May 16, 2005 7:01 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there an organization around there that will help you find living quarters? Have you asked anyone from church if they have room and board? Look and see if there are any other options out there.

God Bless!

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: May 16, 2005 10:07 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barb,

Please do not go back to your husband or home this would be a signal to him that it is ok to abuse you. Which it is not. See if there is a someone at church or on a bulletin board that is looking for a roommate or perhaps someone willing to take you in for a while until you can get your own place. It is better to live with a stranger then to live with a stranger in your own home. meaning your abusive husband whom you thought you knew but found out you don't really. to bad you did not live close to me I would take you in even though I really don't have a ton of room either in fact don't have much room at all but would make room for you.

Call me if you need me I am here.

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: