quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I have a confession to make also Paul....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smokefree04

Quit Date:
January 1, 2004

PostPosted: May 3, 2004 10:38 AM    Post subject: I have a confession to make also Paul.... Reply with quote

Paul:

Don't feel bad, I never even went through the program. Rolling Eyes I read some of the first couple of mods a year ago when I tried to quit the first time and decided I rather smoke. On December 31st I decided I was tired of coughing and wasting money and said that when the clock hit the 1st I was quitting; and I did. It is a miracle from God that I have stayed quit. I didn't have any preparation, didn't plan in advance, wasn't especially serious about it, and figured that I would fail.

But something changed for me along the way and as the days went by it became a game to me to see how long I could hold out. I had a rough day here or there but nothing I couldn't overcome--I wanted to win the "game".

Then realization came to me and I realized about a month into my quit that this was for real; and I begun to panic. What about my best-friend? What would I do without Mr. Smokey? Live, that's what. I just plain made the decision that I won't smoke again, and for the most part, I rarely if ever think about smoking.

I did everything backwards but I am most proud to say I haven't become a statistic. Very Happy
alison

Quit Date:
June 3, 2003

PostPosted: May 3, 2004 10:43 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarah,

Anyway you stop smoking is the right way. You were done and that is sometimes all it takes. You just get tired of being sick and tired.

I wish you peace.

alison
Zuzu

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 3, 2004 12:42 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're a good statistic.. and that's cool. Just another living example of the fact that the "best" way to quit smoking is the way that's best for you. AWESOME job!

-Zuzu
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: May 3, 2004 1:11 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your are doing an awesome job, you quitter you. Laughing I sent you a (pm) Very Happy

Tammy
Free and loving it!
smokefree04

Quit Date:
January 1, 2004

PostPosted: May 3, 2004 4:39 PM    Post subject: Confession Reply with quote

Thanks everyone!! Tammy, I replied to your PM. Very Happy
Paul

Quit Date:
February 6, 2004

PostPosted: May 3, 2004 4:53 PM    Post subject: Skipping Modules!!! Reply with quote

Similar story for me, Sarah.

I really wanted to quit. I needed to quit. I had been saying it to myself for a while. I had failed at it too many times. I had another burst of quit smoking momentum and did a Google search and found FFS. I read Module 1 and 2 on the same day. I posted my first message on Module 1. Lynn and her swimming fish found me and said Hi and further suggested whyquit. I didn't care for the idea of waiting 3 weeks to quit in fear of losing momentum. A work aquaintance, who had quit on January 1st suggested that I jump right in and not wait. He said that to me on the night of Feb 5th. The next day, Feb 6th I took it 1 hour at a time and have not smoked since. I look at this as a personal challenge. I look at it as a war if you will. Me Vs. the nicodemon. Fortunatley, I am one stubborn dude and refuse to lose this battle. And won't this time.

Most of my quit smoking "program" was reading at whyquit, reading all of the post on the Modules at FFS, writing posts to fellow quitters both here and at FFS. I would visit FFS, whyquit and now Woofmang everyday. Just being here is strengthening this quit for me. I equate it to perhaps a daily AA meeting? I learn from all of you. And your lessons are invaluable to me.

But now I'm wondering if I should "cut the cord" so to speak. I have even wondered if I was addicted to these boards. Part of me justs wants to move on with my life so to speak with an occasional (not necessarily daily) visit to encourage a newbie if possible. Much like Lynn and others did for me. I do believe in giveing back plus like I said before helping others who are less knowlegable strengthens my own quit.

So my post was not meant to "dis" the FFS program at all. My guess is I would still be smoking if I didn't find FFS. And I would never have broadcast on the FFS message boards "you don't need to do all the Modules....etc"

In a previous post I mentioned that I had no idea what PackTraks were because I didn't finish Modules 5,6 or 7.
My friend Lynn responded by saying "Paul...PackTraks was in Module 3. Did you do any of the Mods?" I had to laugh at that one. Rolling Eyes

Anyway.....the purpose of this post is to thank all of you for my daily dose of reality........my new reality as a XSmoker!!

You all are LIFESAVERS!!

Ri Paul
87 days nicotine free
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: