quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

UST Singers insprired our church

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frankiet

Quit Date:
June 14, 2005

PostPosted: May 23, 2005 1:32 AM    Post subject: UST Singers insprired our church Reply with quote

We were treated to a special concert presentation by a 31 member group of world renowned choir/singers from the Philippines.

The UST singers from the University of Santo Tomas in Manila, Philippines came and performed last night at our church Olde St. Augustines parish in Philadelphia, Pa.

Yes, I travel from Newark, DE (30 miles) to Olde City Philadelphia because of my close affiliation with the Filipino community there. I am married 26 years to my Filipina wife and have lived in Angeles City, Pampanga from 1968-1980 while stationed there. I am considered to be an American-Filipino.

As an added bonus, Filipina women happen to be some of the most beautiful in the world.

The group of young men and women from the University are all accomplished soloists as well as musical scholars, so to be treated to this very special performance by such a talented group absolutely blew away our congregation last night. We only had short notice to publicize the event so the the corwd was very small, but very fortunate and lucky to have them perform.

The group has won over 40 awards for international performances in competition in Germany, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain, Korea and the U.S.

If you're interested check out their site at www.ust-singers.com for more info and pics.

After their one and a half hour performance, they tried to raise a few dollars to offset their expenses to selling CD's, books and t-shirts. Father Joe Mostardo our pastor invited them to come back Sunday and promised them they would have a larger crowd and would be able to sell all their CD's.

Today also happened to be a celebration of the 30 years anniversary of the ordination of Father Joe into priesthood and the was going to be a reception after mass in the church hall.

I was pleased to see the choir group enter the church for the 11:00 am mass today and right before Holy Communion Father Joe announced that the group would sing the Lords Prayer. They were excellent and I never ever heard or gave appaluse at a mass before, but this time the congregation applauded their performance.

Afterwards, in the church hall after everyone ate (stuffed shells, sausage & peppers, chicken marsala, and mealballs, Father Joe is Italian) the group performed for about 150 guests. They even did a Beatles song acapella, (Yesterday)!

Anyway, I enjoyed talking to the young folks in the group after the affair and shared some of my Philippine experiences with them. I don't know if they sold all their CD's but they did sell quite a few, and they are headed to New York City Marriott at Lexington and 62nd street for a week of performances in the Big Apple. If you get the opportunity to see this group, go.

"Once in awhile you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right"
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: May 23, 2005 7:01 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

They sound beautiful! I am so happy that you shared that with us! I love Christian music and their Choir is just awesome!

And congratulations to a long happy marriage! May God always bless you with peace and happiness!

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 23, 2005 7:14 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am always moved when hearing singing or music in a house of the Lord. I believe the surroundings make all the senses experience the event more fully.

Thanks for sharing. Cool

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 23, 2005 8:43 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds great, frankie! Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 23, 2005 12:17 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Praise and Worship.....

Frankiet...you were truly blessed!!! Very Happy

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: May 25, 2005 3:57 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy That sounds like so much fun. I'm glad to hear about it.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: June 8, 2005 11:38 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankie, I just saw this post...I know I am getting slower by the day Laughing I am so glad you enjoyed your evening of music and fellowship. I agree with you, they are some beautiful women...I know you are proud...enjoy the love.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: