quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hot fudge sundae

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: May 24, 2005 1:52 PM    Post subject: Hot fudge sundae Reply with quote

I am at work and I want a hot fudge sundae soooooo bad!
I am trying so hard not to go out and get one. I guess I will have to treat this as if it were a smoking crave. Just embrace it and it will pass Shocked

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: May 24, 2005 3:39 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi Londa,

I know you like the chocolate like I do so here are a couple of suggestions so you won't have to feel so deprieved. How about a glass of chocolate milk with skim milk or like I like to do is drink a diet Carnation Breakfast Instant drink for pep and the chocolate taste too.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: May 24, 2005 9:45 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Londa, There is some really good chocolate diet candy out there. Carborite has a good dark chocolate bar. Russell Stovers has some tasty pecan clusters. Bryers has some sugar free ice cream that is really good.
I have found the sugar free and low carb candy of today is so much better than years ago. Yum Yum! Very Happy

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: May 24, 2005 10:05 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know Londa, an ice cream sundae attack can be pretty powerful...are you ok???? Rolling Eyes Idea
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: May 25, 2005 7:01 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to have to have a talk with my neurologist again. He told me I can't have any diet stuff, because of neutrasweet, etc. Something to do if you have a history of convulsions, you can't have that stuff.

I KNOW I would drop some pounds if I could get off the sugar......
Quitting sugar is worse than quitting smoking....
I don't do alcohol anymore...
I don't smoke...
Now sugar...

Well, I'm just gonna have to cut back, or go with out.
For instance, I didn't have any Chai Latte (loaded with sugar) this morning. BUt when I got to work I found out my hershey kisses where gone. So I called my boss to stop and get some. DESPERATE OR WHAT!!!!!! I acted like I did when I found I had no more cigarettes!

I think I should of put this in ramble. Sorry guys! SOmetimes I just can't stop talking! (Must be all the sugar Wink )

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: May 25, 2005 7:17 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi Londa,

You sound like me just 3 days ago when I was still eating all those Hershey kisses. Whenever I think about eating any though I try to imagine them tasting bad to me now just like a smoke would. It's just kind of like subliminal suggestioning to myself to switching from a wonderful experience to a bad experience in my mind when I crave those Hershey kisses. Ever hear of people using a rubber band on their wrist to snap every time they get a crave for a smoke? Well, when I crave a chocolate kiss now, I interject it with an imaginary bad experience if I were act on it. Mind over matter.

I could backslide and go back to eating chocolate kisses a lot every day again like I've done a zillion times before, but this time, I plan to take it one day at time and use the mind over matter.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 25, 2005 5:38 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Londa,

You have more willpower than me!!! I would have ATE the sundae! Shocked Chocolate! True love! Very Happy OK!!! That's enough torture for now.....hmmmmm...I guess I'll go get a cup of java to tie me over till dinner.

All this food talk...late in the afternoon...oh the stomach is calling! Shocked

Smiles

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: May 29, 2005 3:49 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Well, I have blown my staying away from chocolate and started back with it big time. Now my acid reflux is acting up and I cannot lay down until it gets better. Crying or Very sad

Blessings,

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: