quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Any Low Calorie ideas?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: May 23, 2005 12:35 AM    Post subject: Any Low Calorie ideas? Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi All,

I do not have any idea what to buy tomorrow as far as low calorie snacks. Any personal ideas? I cannot chew raw vegetables. I do have in mind to munch on Tricks cereal for the sweet tooth. I also plan to buy some bottled water for the go. What would be good for a salty taste? Cininnum sticks would bring on my acid reflux I think. Is there a low calorie sharp cheese? I thought I would start my diet today the 23rd at midinight since it marks my 5 month lunaversary.

Blessings,
Barbara

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: May 23, 2005 6:56 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

An apple is filling, especially when you cut it up in slices and take your time eating it. You feel you have a whole meal.

Plus I also eat bananas and pears.

Embarassed Okay, I pop dark hershey kisses also. But not many!

THats the best I can do. I am just starting to eat half way decent myself!

Good Luck!

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: May 23, 2005 9:51 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barb, in the cookie section of our grocery store are snacks packed at 100 cal a small pkg....like chex mix so you don't overeat...here are some others listed in Bob Greene's book (the one who helped Oprah lose her weight)
Fruit

1 oz Pretzels

air popped popcorn

soup (not cream)

sm sweet potato

low fat frozen yogurt bar

frozen fruit bar

low fat yogurt 1tsp maple syrup and sliced bananas

l c brown rice

1 oz lowfat cheese

low fat cookie

hope you can find something in this list that will work for you...
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: May 24, 2005 12:46 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thanks Londa, I did buy a bag of apples and have already had some. I really over did it with the milk chocolate kisses.

Kay, what is the name of the book by the personal trainer who helped Opry. Or did he write a book. When I hit the back arrow I losoe my post and I forgot if you said it was a book who got the information from. It does help me. Thank you.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: May 24, 2005 10:13 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barb, his name is Bob Greene, the name of the book is Get With the Program! Guide to Good Eating. He has written several books but this is the one that listed the snacks.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: May 25, 2005 1:06 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thanks Kay,

Blessings,

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: