quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

QUIT DAY IS ONE DAY NEARER!!OR SHOULD I SAY FREEDOM DAY..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rosspink

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 4, 2004 7:38 AM    Post subject: QUIT DAY IS ONE DAY NEARER!!OR SHOULD I SAY FREEDOM DAY.. Reply with quote

Hi All well its countdown tomorrow 5 May is the start of my new freedom!!!WOOPEEEE!!!!!!!..........so will need all the help I can get..Imust admit I am getting more nervous the nearer it gets I know its my addicted brain starting to try and put me off..but I am going to DO IT this time..Ros Wink Very Happy
jahunta

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 4, 2004 9:00 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Ros,

Take deep meditative breaths to relax yourself and upon each exhale, with eyes closed, give a small, knowing smile and say in your mind while you exhale..."One more day to freedom, one more day to freedom". Yeah, Ok, it's a little corny, but it just might work!!! Look forward to your new found freedom. It's not going to be easy, but you are truly among friends who know EXACTLY what you're going through. You post with whatever problems you are having, and there'll be plenty of folk, including myself who'd be more than willing to help. GO ROS!!!

Juanita

Quitting is Living!!!
QD: 2/15/04
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: May 4, 2004 9:03 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right in understanding that the junkie mind is trying to pull you back already. That nicodemon Scowling Demon is such a liar and oh how he loves to have his claws into us. Scowling Demon You just keep that resolve that he is not gonna win and day after day kick his butt. Very Happy You are ready to be free come tomorrow I can hear it in your words. Your mind is ready, are all of your tools ready, healthy snacks, cranerry juice, straws, suckers, reasons to quit list etc.? Very Happy You are going to love being free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Carol

Quit Date:
December 9, 2009

PostPosted: May 4, 2004 12:28 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Ros
Of course you are nervous.....join the ranks of all of us the day before our quit. You are about to embark on a journey that is a major life change. And it is one of the greatest journeys you will take, for it truly is the journey to freedom and health. Get all your weapons of battle next to you....your list of reasons your juice, your hard candy, gum etc etc etc. for you are going in to war tomorrow. But you know what, the war is so one sided, for you have the army of thousands behind you and you can't help but win. We are here and we are walking every step of the way with you. YOU ARE GOING TO DO IT THIS TIME.

WALK TALL WALK PROUD
CAROL
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 4, 2004 1:02 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just remember - post BEFORE you smoke. Those craves will come and go, whether you smoke or not. If it gets really bad, and you can......well, I've NEVER figured out how to smoke in the shower!

Go Ros!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: