quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Talk to Me Please!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: June 16, 2005 10:47 PM    Post subject: Talk to Me Please! Reply with quote

I have noticed that the responses to some of my emails or posts have stopped or been cut back for quite some time now. I am baffled at this. Please talk to me if I have done something wrong.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 16, 2005 11:34 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara, You haven't done anything wrong! I promise you. It is just the depresssion talking. I always feel like that too, when I get depressed.

Also, the boards have been a little slow lately. Summer is a slow time I think (which is probably good...people keeping their quits! Very Happy ). When I went on the board tonight, I only saw one message to answer! I was shocked. Usually I have so many that I think I can't get to bed on time--on the board, I mean, not PMs. So I just went for a walk to the grocery store.

Do not start thinking this is an excuse to smoke!! I do believe I hear Laughing Demon 's ugly whisper in here somewhere, so do not listen. Shocked Exclamation You are much loved on these boards, Barbara, not just by me, but everyone. Just wait. You will see what I mean. Very Happy

Here are hugs! ((((((()))))))))
Love to you,

Margaret
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: June 17, 2005 5:57 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara...its not you...I'm just computer-less unless I'm at the library. I'd love to post more but can't get on-line. I think some folks are also busy with other things - like kids not in school and summer activities. Also with the beautiful weather its hard to be indoors at the computer. Hang in there! OK?

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: June 17, 2005 7:50 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara, I agree with Margaret. The boards have been relatively quiet lately. Guess it's because people are doing other things like gardening, cutting grass, etc.

You're very special to all of us. Don't worry. No one is going to dessert you, my friend. We're all here for you as you've been for the rest of us.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 17, 2005 9:02 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

the boards have just been really quiet lately, barbara; i don't think there's anything to be concerned about. Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 17, 2005 9:12 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I care about you! Cool

Like most of us, I have been really busy lately. I know that you are doing all you can to become the person God wants you to be. So, sometimes I don't have time to reply and am just grateful to know you are a part of my life and a part of my quiting smoking.

You are doing great. Barbara!!!!

Cool

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: June 17, 2005 9:29 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thanks all,

I feel like an idiot who just jumped to conclusions after seeing 30 views to my depression post last night and only having 2 responses. It didn't dawn on me last night that there are probably people who aren't actually members here but still read the posts.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
buddhagirl

Quit Date:
May 14, 2005

PostPosted: June 17, 2005 10:01 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Barbara.

I didn't even read your depression post until I saw it mentioned in this post. I read posts in order from the top down.

If you want someone to email, email me. I'm generally pretty darn chipper. To the point where people almost hate me. Must be my great Buddha skills. Very Happy Ommmmmm!!!!!

One month, three days, 14 hours, 59 minutes and 12 seconds. 346 cigarettes not smoked, saving $69.25. Life saved: 1 day, 4 hours, 50 minutes.
Frankiet

Quit Date:
June 14, 2005

PostPosted: June 18, 2005 10:51 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Barbara, some of us are just busy with summer vacations and just enjoying the blazing heat, well, not all of us, but I have a high tolerance for heat.

I have been spending alot of time in the garden. Just yesterday, my wife and I went to Longwood Gardens in Kwenneth Square, PA.

They once belonged to the estate of A.I. Dupont. The Gardens occupy 1100 acres and include 7 huge conservatories.

Mr Duponts' favorite fruit was the nectarine and he developed a method for growing the tress in a trained fashion where the were grown flat like grapevines on a chain link fence. The branches were trained at 45 degrees which produced maximum fruit. The fruit was ripe on the trees yesterday and there were no staff around. I came this close... to tasting one but thought about it and didn't want to get ejected from the park.

The interesting thing about this method of harvest was that it is not new. The Romans used this technique, as did the Medieval Walled city dwellers as they took up much less space and the walls of the fortresses provided the fence to train the trees on.

Hope you feel better soon!

"Once in awhile you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right"
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: June 18, 2005 11:54 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thanks Buddhagirl and Frankie,

I will PM you both soon.

Blessings,

Blessings,
Barbara K.
michelleanne

Quit Date:
January 1, 2005

PostPosted: June 19, 2005 10:52 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

: Crying or Very sad sorry babara i love to read your posts.i try to answer as many as i can but i am such a slow coach on the computer it can take me ages to read and then post a reply.michelle
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 19, 2005 12:33 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Barbara! I think it's just a slow time. I've been feeling guilty that I haven't been here as much, mostly due to being really busy and getting on with life.

It's true that as we get stronger in our quits, many of us wean ourselves from the boards. It's a good thing that we have such strong quits that we don't need to be here every minute...quite frankly I don't think about not smoking very much at all. .....but it's not so good for the newer quitters who need constant support.

I think that as a group....we are maturing. If you look at the luniversaries, more and more people celebrating are in the 12month+ area. This site doesn't seem to attract as many "new" quitters than say, FFS.

so, it's not you at all...it's just a trend I think. And remember, it's not a contest to see how many responses you get to a post. Many times all it takes is one.....to keep us from submitting to Laughing Demon.

YOU are the one making the choice to not smoke, and although we can support you here, even with a million responses, we ultimately can't make up your mind for you.

and, I'll speak for myself here....even if I'm not here all the time to read and post....my thoughts are with everyone here a lot. Lots of times I just stop in quickly for a few minutes to read, but don't have time to post back. So, remember, you're never alone in this!

You're doing a great job, and we love to read your posts.

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: June 19, 2005 1:37 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barb, you are a very cherished person here on the boards. We all go through a time were we feel insecure and that nobody cares anymore. I think that is Laughing Demon . He is such a creep! SPIT!!

Now what was I saying, oh yes, just today I went to church and had start a new Sunday School class. I get very insecure, feel no one really likes me, I'm worthless, just a little peon! So I have to pray real hard to keep reminding myself that I am there for Jesus not me. And just today, a man broke down crying in Sunday School, so I got up and sat next to him and put my arm around him. Then before you knew it, everyone was praying for him. After, he really wanted to talk, so I silently prayed for him to get the courage to speak. Well he did. Come to find out he is bypolar and having a hard time dealing with it. I had no words, just listened.

So you see, we are all needed whether we think it or not. If someone dosn't respond, it dosn't mean we don't care. I don't get to read all the posts that come through. Or I read them, and can't reply cuz I get interupted here or at work.

So always remember you are loved by all of us here.

God Bless!

Love, Londa

PS I'll make time to read your post on depression Very Happy

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: June 19, 2005 7:08 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thanks Michelle, Pamela, and Londa.

Londa, I have had trouble with almost breaking down and crying in Sunday School since my mom passed away. It is usually for joy though that Jesus loves me and has been with me all this time.

Blessings,

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Frankiet

Quit Date:
June 14, 2005

PostPosted: June 19, 2005 10:15 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pamela, what a nice honest response to Barb's post. Surprised I always enjoy seeing your posts here!

"Once in awhile you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: