quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Beware of Self Pity!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 17, 2005 12:32 AM    Post subject: Beware of Self Pity! Reply with quote

Well, this will be a short rant, but I got so mad at myself tonight! I was driving home from the Physical THerapy, and feeling so bad (big and bloated and in pain in my belly for so long now). There, between the cars, stopped at a red light, what should I see but a lighted cig butt, still smoking? I envisioned myself getting out of the car and picking it up. At least holding it under my nose to inhale! Yuk!

Why did I think this? Self Pity had reared its ugly head, and that voice whispered "it would comfort you." "I just need the comfort for a little while!" "What could it hurt? Oh, how I just want to be comforted!" ANd it was a LIE, LIE, LIE!!!! tHE Laughing Demon NEVER MISSES A CHANCE TO PERPETRATE HIS BEST LIES, WHICH ARE TAYLOR MADE FOR EACH INDIVIDUAL PERSON! Don't let him! I know he lied! I'm ticked that he even got my attention, however, and if I got my head out of the sand, maybe he wouldn't! ANyway, that's my rant!

Don't let that demon LIE and sneak around you. He is a LIAR!!! THe best comfort we can have or give ourselves is NOt to smoke, and there is the real truth! Idea Very Happy

Margaret
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: June 17, 2005 8:54 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reminder rant, Margaret. You're right. He's Scowling Demon always lurking around us.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Frankiet

Quit Date:
June 14, 2005

PostPosted: June 17, 2005 9:56 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

eewwwwwww... Cigarette butts are disgusting. Yuck, especially one that was lipped by a stranger, do you know where those lips might have been?

And lying in the street! My dog just took a leak over there. Not to mention some dead insect parts, industrial waste, bird droppings and whatever else the USDA finds in our cereal.

There, that will teach you to have that thought again! Laughing

Now, straighten up and fly right. Do I have to come out there and smack you with my "no smoking" sign again?

"Once in awhile you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right"
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 17, 2005 2:54 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Frank,

You did better than just keeping my mind off cig butts---I think I will move out of the city entirely! Laughing Country living, here I come! Laughing (....uh...mmmm..well, the opera and the ballet....maybe not!... Smile )

Margaret
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: June 18, 2005 1:03 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank, That was so funny and so true Laughing !

Tammy
Free and loving it!
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: June 19, 2005 1:45 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank that was funny! Laughing

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: