quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

anybody from Tennessee? Ohio?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: July 7, 2005 11:40 PM    Post subject: anybody from Tennessee? Ohio? Reply with quote

Hi all, we are soon leaving on our vacation and I was wondering about the weather. (I know weather.com) but I'd rather hear first hand knowledge. Is anyone out there from the Cincinnati or Gatlinburg area? I'd love to know if we're going to get sunny weather. How about Kentucky? I think we have to drive thru there. Thanks, Kerry
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: July 8, 2005 9:52 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, can't help you with the weather, Kerry, but wanted to say "Have a wonderful, restful, safe trip." I'm anxious to hear all about it. We've driven through the Gatlinburg area many times but have never taken the time to tour.

Have fun! Very Happy

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: July 8, 2005 11:35 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry, I am not in Tennessee but in Alabama...we are expecting Dennis to hit sometime Sunday afternoon so rain and wind could be possible in the Gatlinburg area....I doubt that it will get that far but can't promise it.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: July 8, 2005 11:37 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay I never even thought about rain when I booked our trip. We are having such a drought here I've almost forgotten what rain looks like. We're taking the kids to Dollywood so I hope we get some decent weather. Thanks, be safe. Kerry
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: July 8, 2005 11:46 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen it but did not go inside....it looked neat so I think you will enjoy it...please let us know.....I just love Gatlinburg...well I used to, it was quite commercialized the last time we were there.....
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: July 8, 2005 11:58 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you've got young kids you've got to go commercial!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Last year we went to Lake of the Ozarks and while it was nice, it was a little mellow for the kiddies. Ok, I admit it, I'm a big kid too. I can't wait to hang at the waterpark!!!
Katy

Quit Date:
January 4, 2002

PostPosted: July 9, 2005 8:21 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother lives in Cincinnati and as of yesterday he said it was hot and dry!

Smoking is NOT an option.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 9, 2005 10:06 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know about gatlinburg, but i used to live in cincinnati, and one thing i can tell you about the weather there is this old saying: "don't like the weather? wait a minute." (in other words, the weather's very changeable: sunny one minute, raining the next). one of the things i found a bit strange when i first got there was that people would be carrying umbrellas on a beautiful sunny day; after i'd been there a while, i realized why. Smile

you guys gonna hit king's island on the way through?

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: July 9, 2005 1:03 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

King's Island is the reason we're going!!! We're staying for three days to do the park, Boomerang Bay, and the Beach Waterpark. That's funny Kevin, we have the same expression in Chicago. Must be a Midwest thing. By any chance do you know how close the outlet malls are to King's Island? (or aren't you a shoppin' kind of guy?) Thanks for the scoop Katy. So I won't worry about Ohio's weather, just Tennessee Cool Kerry
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 9, 2005 4:22 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, i don't have a clue where the outlets are, kerry; i'm not much of a shopping kind of guy now, and i was even less so when i was there (i was in grad school there, and money was tight).

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Katy

Quit Date:
January 4, 2002

PostPosted: July 9, 2005 5:55 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You better put the Cincy Zoo on your list(one of the best in the country).....and right across the river into Kentucky is the Aquarium (you walk underwater tunnels with the fish all around you! Cincinnati is a wonderful place to visit......
and little brother says the outlet mall is on North of King's Island....maybe 10 miles or so? Say it's right off the interstate...you won't miss it.
have fun!!
katy
p.s. it's still hot there.....and I bet it's muggy too!

kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: July 9, 2005 8:06 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kerry. Like you, I'm an outlet mall junkie. Go to google.com and enter "outlet malls." You'll get a list as long as your arm. To narrow it down, enter "outlet malls in _________," (state/city of interest). It's amazing what you can find at "google."

Have fun and stay safe.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: July 10, 2005 12:04 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katy, my personal travel agent!! I love it. And Jo, great tip. Can't wait!!!! You're awesome!!! How fun to talk trivial for a change Very Happy Kerry
Katy

Quit Date:
January 4, 2002

PostPosted: July 10, 2005 9:50 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

shopaholic that you may be....you can't go to Cincinnati and only visit an outlet mall and an amusement park!! to me that would just be 'awful'! LOL There are SO many things unique to Cincinnati

http://www.cincinnati.com/visitorsguide/attractions_guide.html

p.s. when you're at King's Island...ride the BEAST for me!!!

Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: July 10, 2005 10:49 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry, the shopping always takes place after the trip is over - on the way home. I have a friend who visited that aquarium and said it was awesome although we may do the aquarium thing in Gatlinburg. We only have three days in Ohio so there isn't a lot of time. My kids are pretty young too. I wouldn't my visting that freedom center though, got to do some stuff for the adults, right? And I also noticed from that link a winery????? Got to love that wine tasting!!!!!!!!! Thanks, Katy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: