quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tackling New Addictions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 14, 2005 2:47 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joy,

Great minds think alike. I was getting ready to post when you did already!!! Shocked

Well, I've been thrown curve balls here at home...mom, etc. So, got out of sync with posting.

But the good news is.....weighed myself this morning and what a surprise!!!! Four, count them...4 pounds lost!!! Oh happy day!!! Very Happy

Don't ask me how! Shocked I'm just glad finally....4 lost. I had noticed the other day the tighest pair of jeans didn't seem as tight, but thought it was my imagination!!! Laughing Laughing Now...the real trick...to keep it off!!

How's the WW going?

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
JoyMck

Quit Date:
January 27, 2005

PostPosted: September 14, 2005 3:00 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Deb! I'm glad to see someone is still here! I've been pretty busy myself. Here at work and at home. I rarely get on the computer at home. Anyway, I weighed in at WW last Thursday and guess what!! I've lost 5.2 pounds!! Laughing I was the same way as you, I could tell that my jeans weren't quite as tight, but also thought it was my imagination. I'm losing, on average a pound a week. It's slow, but sure..... My husband did inform me that he likes my larger caboose and to try and not lose it!! Men!! Rolling Eyes

We can do this!

Joy

Work like you don't need the money
Dance like no one is watching
Love like you've never been hurt

JoyMck
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 14, 2005 3:16 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Joy!!! Laughing

This tickled me!!!

JoyMck wrote:
My husband did inform me that he likes my larger caboose and to try and not lose it!! Men!! Rolling Eyes

Well, what do you do?... Rolling Eyes Got to love 'em!! Very Happy

Wow!!! That's an awesome weight loss! Feels good...doesn't it!!! Well, that goes without saying...of course it does!!! Very Happy

Maybe in time we'll be able to rename this from the Caboose Mamas to the Bikini Babes!?!? Laughing Laughing Laughing Here's to more weight loss and loose fitting clothes!!! Cool

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
swaneem

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 14, 2005 7:09 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK you two......you're both doing well..... at least that's a good sign! Very Happy

The reason I haven't said anything is it looks like I've gained more and there's NO WAY POSSIBLE...especially since I'm getting more exercise. Shocked Mad Confused AND I don't eat that much....as well as eat healthier food!!!!!! Rolling Eyes

SO......I keep on keeping on.......I'm getting disgusted! Sad

Donna

Just when the caterpillar thought his world was
coming to an end..........God made him a
BUTTERFLY.
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 15, 2005 12:36 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donna,

Yeah!!! I've missed talking with you! My fault for not keeping in touch! Embarassed

Seems like there should be some weight loss. Your quit date was back in Feb, so it seems like the metabolism would be beginning to return to normal.

Maybe a trip to the doc? You're doing everything right!!!!
Do you take any vitamins or supplements? You've gave up the peanuts...so, it just doesn't make sense why not losing. You have to be frustrated, to say the least.

Maybe Mary could help on this one...she's been quit longer than us and is doing great herself. Mary...when did you actually begin to lose the weight?

Donna...just don't give up. Which I know you won't. You're a very determined and focused person!!!

Wish I had an answer for you!

Big Hugs ((((Donna)))))

Living in Freedom
Deb

swaneem

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 15, 2005 3:04 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Deb, for the encouragement!!! Very Happy Technically, my metabolism was affected in an unusual way....I was wheelchair bound for 3 months....that will do a number on the body!! Shocked Rolling Eyes

So the body is trying to regulate itself after all the trauma including stopping smoking!!!! So no one can advise me unless they've been in my exact situation!!! Somehow we'll get this straightened out and I may consult a nutritionist although certainly don't have any money now.

I still say this is harder than quiting smoking! Shocked Let's keep this thread going...it's encouraging seeing you all lose weight...I know I will too!!!! Very Happy

Hugs,

Donna

BUTTERFLY.
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: September 16, 2005 12:34 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys...I'm still working on my weight...WW weigh in today took my total to 56 pounds since 3/3. I'm looking forward to seeing my doctor next week - just a routine follow up. I don't know how often he told me to try to lose some weight...well I think he'll be surprised at the success I've had - finally!!

Donna - a couple of suggestions:
- start keeping a food diary
- make sure you are eating a well balanced diet that is low in total fat - but not "fat free"
- try to drink 6 to 8 eight oz glasses of water every day - caffinated and carbonated beverages do not count as "water"
- ensure you are eating a variety of foods
- watch serving size and portion control
- keep exercising!

If you aren't seeing pounds going - are you losing inches?
If I fall into the habit of eating the same things everyday - I find my weight loss slows down. I also try to vary both what I eat and when I eat. Sometimes I plan to have a little something every two or three hours throughout the day - never really eating a "meal". And keep the protein sort of steady throughout the day instead of saving it for dinner time. I still have a hard time making sure I break the fast with food in the morning - but I've started eating a high fiber cereal with low fat yogurt in the morning. Or a piece of whole wheat toast with 1 TBSP peanut butter. Or if I have an omlet for dinner - I save some for in the morning.

Don't give up...keep trying different things! I've been reading Dr Phil's book - The Ultimate Weight Solution... some interesting observations.

Don't get discouraged...keep looking for what works for you!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
swaneem

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 17, 2005 11:07 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Mary, for all the info! Very Happy It all makes a lot of sense.....I've been meaning to keep a food diary but haven't and I may not be eating enought calories so am storing fat.

I've been denying myself everything I love and still not losing so yesterday made myself a chocolate cake! Very Happy

Congrats, btw, on a superb weight loss!!!!

Donna

BUTTERFLY.
JoyMck

Quit Date:
January 27, 2005

PostPosted: October 4, 2005 11:39 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

I'm glad to see everyone is doing well. Don't give up Donna, I'm sure your metabolism will level out soon, and you will see the pounds starting to come off.

Mary, you are doing great!! I love WW. I am eating healthier, not starving and as of last Thursday, I've lost 6.8 lbs!! Very Happy Only 14 more pounds to go! It's been slow and I still can't fit into my old jeans, but my bigger jeans are getting loose. I'm in between sizes at the moment, but I can live with it!

However, Deb, my bikini days are LONG over!! I could lose another 20 pounds and still not attempt a bikini!! Wink How about "Beautiful Babes"?

Joy

Work like you don't need the money
Dance like no one is watching
Love like you've never been hurt

JoyMck
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 4, 2005 12:35 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joy....

Laughing Laughing Laughing Beautiful Babes it is!!! Well, yeah, here too about the bikini Embarassed You know...that 40's thing...dreaming of those slender days...oh well! Wink Laughing Laughing

Just look at you!!! 6.8 lbs! That's great! Very Happy Have you rewarded yourself with a special present? Smile You should. It's not easy losing this weight.

Not so fortunate here...those 5 lbs...gone! Weight myself Sunday...back up to the original poundage! Shocked Rolling Eyes But, I knew it was coming...hubby was home and well...the diet went out the door..and I ate junk foods (which is forbidden...it just clings to me as extra baggage) So, back to square one..but not giving up.

I was talking to Tammy (she's my sis-in-law and good friend) the other night. She mentioned that chornium (sp?) tablets help to get rid of stored fat. Thought about trying it.

Keep going with that awesome program you have going...I'm really happy for you. And hey, it won't be long before those small jeans fit! Very Happy

Big Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Mishka

Quit Date:
June 19, 2005

PostPosted: October 4, 2005 11:18 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only thing i can add is throw out your scales. as you begin excersicing fat starts to convert to muscle and muscle weighs more than fat so as your body is working out and turning that fat into muscle the scales are being deceptive and are probably staying the same or even increasing slightly. As a result you get dishearted and start thinking whats the point and before you know it your in the kitchen baking chocolate cake, (thats what i use to do anyway)

If your clothes are fitting better, and your feeling happier and fitter, then you know your on the right track. Don't measure weightloss as loosing pounds / kilos because that can be v. destructive.

M
swaneem

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 7, 2005 7:08 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep it going, Joy!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy WOW...good for you!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

And Mishka.....I threw out my scale....hated the sight of it!!!!! Surprised

I know you're right.....I have built muscle....I'm still going thru therapy and working in a gym. BUt I'm not fitting into my two walk-in closets full of clothes...there are only 6 items of clothing that I own which fit and I'm still too fat for my frame. This needs to be gone.

Donna

BUTTERFLY.
Simone

Quit Date:
April 28, 2005

PostPosted: October 13, 2005 12:30 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scales are evil Scowling Demon Scowling Demon I threw mine out even when I was thin I hate them !.It's over 5 months now as in my thread I am on 900 cals a day & excersising like hell.........what happened to my metabolism I ask I think it's dead yet thyroid is fine I'm stumped.

Well congrats to all who are losing any tips would be happily taken :wink
swaneem

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 13, 2005 1:43 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simone,

It doesn't sound like you're eating enough. Everyone I've spoken to as well as things I've read said to eat small amounts of food about every 3 hours...about 5 times a day. It keeps the metabolism working and the body will not store the amount of fat that it would if we're not eating enough.

I haven't accomplished eating on this schedule yet....but it makes sense. If the body isn't getting enough food.....it goes into starvation mode and will store more fat.

I know the frustration that you feel. I was giving up all the things I love and following "diet" things here and there and kept gaining weight. Shocked I finally said "heck with it"....made myself a chocolate cake....had some warm bread.....ice cream etc and I lost about 4 lbs! I think we're concentrating too much on this and sabotaging ourselves!

Donna

BUTTERFLY.
Simone

Quit Date:
April 28, 2005

PostPosted: October 13, 2005 1:58 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Donna you are probably right but I am terrified to eat anymore in fact so much so I am doing stupid things as in spitting food out as I think of it as fat.........better stop that asap as I was a chronic anorexic from 22yo to 29yo but finally beat it being 42kilos & on a drip was no fun at all I was a stupid idiot!!.

In all honesty last night I was so cross I screamed at my partner ''I may as well just eat whatever I want & to hell with it all'' & now you mention it as well I think I wil stop torturing myself.

I was so frightened last night as I could not get onto this site kept timing out & I was screaming 'where is everyone' it's funny now but it wasn't last night & the cravings for a cig are worse than ever but that I can cope with.

I need a treadmill Crying or Very sad .......but they are so expensive....pity I live so far away from the city 1 hr by bus each way & the bus stop is 2 ks !!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: