quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tackling New Addictions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 13, 2005 1:13 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simone (and anyone else), I have some suggestions. First, that is Chrominium that helps a bit with the metabolism. BUt do not take too much. Take it with Vitamin C. (extra Vitamin C).

Second, when you do not have a tread mill (or even if you do) buy a heart monitor. You don't need a heart problem to have one of these, and they are so helpful. THey are not cheap, mine cost about a $100.00 (but I think they have some cheaper ones), but then you can monitor your heart rate while you are exercising. It will tell tell you how fast your heart should go to be losing weight. YOu can do any type of exercise (dancing to a CD), just moving fast at the housework, jogging in place for 15 minutes, jumping jacks,whatever.

Also, on whyquit.com, there is something about this metabolism.

Simone, do not get discouraged. Although my weight is still up, I am beginning to fit back into some of my clothes. And the muscle looks really good. You will be glad you've got it. As for the belly, I don't know. Mine is still bloating at times, but I thought it was from my surgery, not the quit.

I firmly believe we will all get there. I know lots of quitters (I was the last of my family and friends to quit) and they all went back to their original weight.

I'll come back if I find that article at whyquit.com.

P.S. I eat extra protein to build muscle.

Margaret
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 13, 2005 1:32 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the link for a good book--you can read it online--about Quitting (and dieting, etc.) any addiction.

http://www.danmahony.com/outfromcontents.htm

Going back now for the paragraph (in Chapter 2--an excellent Chapater) about Chrominium.

Margaret
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 13, 2005 1:34 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the link for a good book--you can read it online--about Quitting (and dieting, etc.) any addiction.

http://www.danmahony.com/outfromcontents.htm

Going back now for the paragraph (in Chapter 2--an excellent Chapater) about Chrominium.

Quote:
Chromium Picolinate

The mineral Chromium has been known since the 1960's to improve the way we break down and utilize sugar. The U.S. Department of Agriculture, the government agency responsible for monitoring our nutrition, reports that 90% of us live on a diet that is deficient in Chromium. The result of this is that we do not properly digest sugar, and we do not properly utilize it at the level of each cell in our body. Addiction can be intimately tied up with blood sugar level.

Chromium Picolinate is the U.S.D.A.'s invention. They have the patent on it. Taking it regulates your blood sugar level and can result in more energy available to you. Other benefits include weight loss, cholesterol reduction, better muscle building when you exercise, and, possibly, BETTER MOODS. Go to a health food store, buy some, and take it every day. This essential nutrient may do you a lot of good. The present writers have witnessed positive benefits for many of those who take it. Chromium Picolinate is not recommended for persons with diabetes.

I took it during the first few weeks of my quit. Am not taking it now, but I might start again.

Margaret
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: