quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tackling New Addictions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoyMck

Quit Date:
January 27, 2005

PostPosted: August 19, 2005 3:46 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well girls....I have some not so good news! I weighed in at WW last night and I gained back .4 lbs of the 2.2 I lost!!! Crying or Very sad What a disappointment! I think I'm eating to much of the free foods (Core program). No exercise either. It has been in the mid 90's all week, so I haven't been able to walk as much. I'm going to do better this week!!

Talking about mirrors...Another thing I did, that wasn't so smart, was finally buying a full length mirror! My husband hung it up and said come and see if this is where you want it. I looked and said "Oh no! Hang it in the garage!!" Of course we didn't, but if anything is going to give me incentive, that will be! Embarassed

The clothes thing is a real problem for me too. I keep putting all my regular clothes up on the shelf (especially jeans). It just kills me to accidentally grab a pair of those and try to put them on. It's gotten to the point I can't get them up over my caboose!! Why does all of the weight gather there and the stomach? I've always had a little problem with the stomach, but never my caboose! Confused

Well, I guess we just need to keep giving it our best shot. And I agree, a sense of humor helps!

Joy

Work like you don't need the money
Dance like no one is watching
Love like you've never been hurt

JoyMck
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 19, 2005 11:10 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joy,

It is frustrating! But, hey, you didn't gain it ALL back. That's good, isn't it? Wink

Tell ya...jeans refusing cabooses, moo moos, scale-phobia, scary mirror scenes, and closets full of unwearable clothes, and no clothes to wear either...yep, we are all in a sad state Rolling Eyes , aren't we. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Well, we do have that sense of humor!!! Wink Cool Don't give up hope, you will lose the weight! Especially with weight watchers. It's only the second week. Once you adjust to it...you'll be losing! Very Happy

Hugs (((Joy)))

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
swaneem

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 19, 2005 11:28 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joy,

I wouldn't worry too much.....could be water weight as well. I've given up weighing myself....it just perpetuates frustration for me since I've changed so many things including I'm starting to exercise. The scale is kind of like the stock market....if you watch it every day it will truly drive you nuts! Shocked

Donna
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: August 20, 2005 1:29 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joy - sorry to hear the scale wasn't very friendly...but keep doing what you are doing...drink the water and pay attention to your "fullness" level. I've been afraid to try "core" since I was never very good at knowing how much was "enough". I've been practicing that even with flex points.

I've really done well with the program - weigh in yesterday got me to a new low - I've lost 51 pounds since March. That's almost my halfway to goal point...hard to believe all that weight is GONE! My energy level is GREAT!!

Hard to imagine that all that weight was like picking up a 50lb bag of bird seed and lugging it around all day never setting it down. I really feel great! And I can breathe - thanks to finally breaking free from my nicotine addiction. WOW!!!

My reward for getting to fifty pounds is a pretty marcasite ring. I'm not a jewelry person - but the ring caught my eye when I was looking at earrings. Not expensive (I spent less than 50cents per pound) - but wearing it is a reminder that I've made a lot of progress toward my goal. I think it will keep me motivated to keep losing.

I can't believe I'm saying this...but I've really started enjoying exercise. I do my "curves" workout three times a week and walk at least two days a week. My sister gave me a "fitness heart rate monitor" for my birthday (it was on my wish list). It’s pretty cool! I can make sure I'm working hard enough - but not too hard - I can get my heart rate into the target zone and keep it there walking faster or slowing down as appropriate. And it keeps track of the duration and will calculate calories burned. I can even down load the data (if I read the book and figure it out) to the computer! There is no way I could walk the way I do if I were still smoking. I'm getting to where I can walk at a 4mph pace. I'm pretty comfortable with two miles and want to get to three miles or more! It’s hard when it’s hot...and I did take a couple of days off with this cold - but I'm back at it!

Yes...I have a least another fifty pounds to go....but just like quitting smoking...I'm taking it one day at a time! I start each day promising myself to make good healthy choices in what I eat. And I set my exercise objective for the day. I wear a pedometer and its fun to see how many steps I take through the day....if I fall short of my goal - I take a walk around the neighborhood - or stop at Wal-Mart (leave my wallet in the car) and make a couple of laps around the outside perimeter of the store - its a very safe place to walk after dark....or when its raining. I don't have room for a treadmill at home - so it’s a good alternative.

I want to be able to look at the weight charts and not find myself in the "obese" classification. A "healthy weight"...that's what I want!

I really can't believe I'm actually doing it....I fought with my weight constantly when I was in the Army (thirteen years of continuous dieting)
And I stopped caring when I left active duty - I just ate whatever I wanted. I also stopped exercising - stopped running - stopped the aerobics classes - stopped the weight training, sit-ups and pushups.

Quitting smoking was just the start of this transformation - I've started caring again - I want to be in better shape at fifty than I was at fory - luckily I have a couple of years to work at it...but that's a great goal.

Who knew? Signing up for a smoking cessation study turned my direction in life and although that was the start of this quit...woofmang has been a big part of staying quit...fourteen months and counting! Thanks ya'll.

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 20, 2005 10:31 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mary,

Gosh Girl...Wow!!! What a motiving and inspiring post!!! Cool
Thanks...I needed to hear this! Your ramble just oozes with hope!!!!

Thank you so much!!!! Wink Very Happy

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
swaneem

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 20, 2005 10:37 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy HIGH FIVE, MARY!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy AWESOME!!!! Very Happy Very Happy

You've got it going on, girl!!!! Very Happy Very Happy

Donna
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: August 20, 2005 10:41 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mary, congrats on reaching the halfway point of your goal. Wow, you're my hero! That is so awesome. A big pat on the back for you! Cool

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
swaneem

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 28, 2005 12:43 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joy,

I'm anxious to hear.....have you had any more weight loss?

As for me......NOT.....but I am exercising more. It's like my body enjoys being fat!!! Shocked In the meantime.....all my clothes, belts, rings are just sitting there waiting to be put on. Rolling Eyes

Donna
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: August 28, 2005 9:45 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked with my neighbor (whose cow was in my yard) today about how she looked like she had lost alot of weight. I said in order for her to get her cow back, what was the secret? Ready??? Surgery....but she said really it was smaller portions, water and exercise that were the key...she has lost 102 lbs...thought I would pass this on...since I have to keep all the cow poop!
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 28, 2005 10:41 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Kay...thanks for suffering with cow poop to help us Caboose Mamas!! Shocked Wink

Weighed myself this morning Sad The little trip to Columbus cost me 2 lbs in extra weight. (I guess I didn't exercise enough!! Embarassed )

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

swaneem

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 28, 2005 11:54 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm....maybe we could start some kind of reality show re this weight thing and make some money while we're at it!!! Very Happy There was a quit smoking show.....cold turkey......again.....another money maker we missed! We need to be smart about all this! Wink

Donna
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 29, 2005 12:35 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Oh Donna!!!....LMAO...rolling here laughing...the Caboose Mamas on TV....now there's a thought! Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing But the money could be useful....hmmmmm...... Question

Girl...you are just too much fun!!! hahaha Cool Laughing

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

JoyMck

Quit Date:
January 27, 2005

PostPosted: August 31, 2005 4:10 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mary congratulations!! Way to go!! That gives me incentive for sure!! I think I am getting better at determining when I'm satisfied so I'll stop eating.
Donna, yes I did lose some weight last week! I have now lost a total of 3 lbs. That averages out to a pound a week, since I started WW. I weigh in again tomorrow evening. I'm hoping I've lost a total of 5 lbs. We'll see!

Now I have to tell you an embarrasing thing I did.... Embarassed I decided that since it was so hot outside, to walk, that I would buy a jump rope. We have 10 ft ceilings, so I figured I could use it in the house. Now keep in mind it's been a LONG time since I've jumped rope. I started jumping and think by the 2nd or 3rd jump I discovered that all that jumping affects my bladder now. I dropped that rope and took off running into the bathroom. I made it, but my husband had seen the whole thing and he was rolling on the floor laughing!! I have jumped since then, but made sure I emptied my bladder first!! Wink Live and learn!!

Yep, what a reality show we would make!! I'll let you know how I do tomorrow at WW.

Joy

JoyMck
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 31, 2005 11:36 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Joy...could just picture that scene! Laughing Laughing Laughing Age does tend to change a few things... Wink Well, at least you made it!!! Laughing

Sounds like you're adjusting well to the program. Here's hoping for a good report on weight in!!! Cool WTG on the 3 lbs so far!!! Cool

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

JoyMck

Quit Date:
January 27, 2005

PostPosted: September 14, 2005 2:37 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

It doesn't look like anyone is posting to this link anymore....What happened?

Maybe everyone has been busy like me??? Maybe everyone lost the weight they wanted to lose???

HELLOOOOO! Is anyone there???

Joy

JoyMck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: