quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The Big 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calliemae

Quit Date:
May 3, 2004

PostPosted: May 4, 2004 10:01 PM    Post subject: The Big 3 Reply with quote

Feeling Ok tonight. I have never made it for more than 2 days without a cig. I am preparing for day 3. Still haven't written my good bye letter. Will try to get that done tommorrow. We all should be so pround for beginning to conquer this addiction. Good night to all

Lisa
Carol

Quit Date:
December 9, 2009

PostPosted: May 4, 2004 10:04 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lisa
Keep up the good work. You are doing great. Can you believe tomorrow will be day 3 already. Tomorrow might be tough....I have read that cravings peak at day 3...something about the last of the toxins leaving the body. I don't know if I have the reason right, but I do know I have read about the 3 day peak thing. Just want you to be prepared. If may not be that way for you....but just know if it is....you can make it through. You have gotten stronger with every crave. You are going to be a lifer.....a life time free of smoking.

WALK TALL WALK PROUD
CAROL
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: May 4, 2004 10:15 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lisa, Keep close to the boards tomorrow. Drink lots of cran juice. Rest if you can. You are doing great.

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 4, 2004 10:46 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lisa,
You're taking this one day at a time and doing a wonderful quit. We're all in this together...someone will always be here when you hit a bump in the road. Be kind to yourself,
Zuzu

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 4, 2004 11:41 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWESOME job on day TWO Lisa (Zuzu does the two-day-quit dance)!! You are doing SUCH a great job. You are SOOO doing this!

-Zuzu
Lisaah

Quit Date:
May 2, 2004

PostPosted: May 5, 2004 8:05 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Lisa!

You are on day 3 girl. You can do it. I have just rolled over to 4 days and counting.

My taste buds are back and I am finding my favorite foods may not be my favorite foods after all. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....i guess i need to acquire the taste for certain foods all over again. LOL!..

Anyway, congratulations on having made it this far. You go girl and you will continue to go!

For all us...HIGH FIVES! We are doing it and we can continue to do this~

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Lisa

Lisa, Recovering Nicotine Addict
Calliemae

Quit Date:
May 3, 2004

PostPosted: May 5, 2004 9:43 AM    Post subject: stress is there today Reply with quote

Driving in to work and it hit me. This week-end is mother's day. i pretty much fell apart. Last year about 1month before Mother's Day my mom died. So didn't even recognize it last year. Thank goodness our son is having birtheday party for both of his kids and suppose we'll do Mother's day ,but that will be More focus on kids. Sunday or Saturday morning I will make the hour trip to the cemetary to put a wreath on her grave. Haven't beem there since Christmas. She always felt very strongly about putting things on graves. IMISS MY MOM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
MUCH. I have no GROWING UP family left my dad,brother and mom are all gone. Mom did live a long life she was 86 when she died. i AM A NON-SMOKER AND SHE WANTED ME TO QUIT CAUSE OF DAD AND BROTHER. i WILL MAKE IT HTRU THIS DAY`

Lisa
law_girl_1969

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 5, 2004 9:49 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lisa, hon, my heart goes out to you. I know your mom would be so proud of you.

Lynn

"There are those who think they can and those who think they can't and they are both right." Henry Ford
Lisaah

Quit Date:
May 2, 2004

PostPosted: May 5, 2004 9:58 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lisa,

I am so sorry for what you are going through. I agree. Your Mom would be so proud of you as are all of us. And yes, you will get through this too.

Be strong Lisa. It's too easy to go back. Lock the back door tightly and if you hear a knock, DON'T ANSWER IT.

Please have a wonderful day.

Lisa

alison

Quit Date:
June 3, 2003

PostPosted: May 5, 2004 10:49 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lisa,

You are doing this so well. I am proud of you as I am sure your Mom is. Now correct me if I am wrong but do we have two Lisa's quit within a day or two of each other. Sounds like a recipe for success. Two Lisa's can only mean a successful quit for both of you.

I wish you peace.

alison
jahunta

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 5, 2004 11:51 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Job Lisa,

You're rockin the quit!! Keep up the awesome work!!!

Nita

Quitting is Living!!!
QD: 2/15/04
Lisaah

Quit Date:
May 2, 2004

PostPosted: May 5, 2004 11:59 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alison,

I almost typed a second "L" in your name since my daughter's name is Allison. Anyway, you are correct. Calliemaee and I (both Lisas) quit within a day of each other. I actually had my last cigarette at 8 pm on May 1 and have not had one since. So according to my QuitSilk ometer, I have not smoked for 4 days, 3 hours, 27 minutes and counting. That's 82 cigarettes NOT smoked and I've added 6 hours and 50 minutes to my life.

I'm so glad I made the choice of being smoke-free. As Kevin says, chose life. I agree.

Have a wonderful, smoke-free day!

Lisa

jahunta

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 5, 2004 12:17 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lisa,

I'm sorry I didn't see your post in the middle there. I have the same thing happen around father's day. I understand. Revel in the kids, and I'm sure you'll be fine...

Blessings...
Nita

Quitting is Living!!!
QD: 2/15/04
Zuzu

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 5, 2004 12:37 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lisa-

And she's really proud of you too! You ARE doing this! You are amazing!

-Zuzu
Calliemae

Quit Date:
May 3, 2004

PostPosted: May 5, 2004 1:46 PM    Post subject: Feeling Better Reply with quote

Yes Two Lisa's together can do IT! Feeling better just shaky think I am going to start having red tinkle lol from drinking so much cranberry juice. It's time to get off the whining and start giving some support back. Lisa isn't it wonderful to ba able to call yourself a non-smoker. Some benefites I've notice already are my teeth. they aren' as yellow . This is weird, but I think underneath my fingernails looks healthies. If it wasn't for all of you I would never have made it 2 and a half days[/img]

Lisa
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: