quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

THIS IS PATHETIC ALREADY!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deztynee

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 1, 2005 1:25 PM    Post subject: THIS IS PATHETIC ALREADY! Reply with quote

I am sorry to say that my 'excuses' are winning right now! I am so sick and tired of making them but don't feel strong enough to beat them. My smokes are the only sure thing I have to get me through life, they are always there for me when I need them through thick and thin. Now what I need to do is, just throw the damn things out and start leaning on human support, like family and friends. It's going to be strange for me because I don't think I have ever done that before. My daughters father just came into her life after 8 years, and my emotions are running so wild that i don't know whether I am coming or going, but ........ I have my smokes!! Know what I mean?! This is just crazy already! Oh well, Im not gonna give up and I'm going to try and find peace of mind!! I know I am stronger that this. I just have to dig deep to find that person and bring her out again. Talk to you all soon. Thanks for the wonderful advice and support. I'm not going to give up!!!!
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 1, 2005 2:02 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dez,

Been where you are right now. It's frustrating....stuck between wanting to quit, but it hasn't quite "clicked" yet.

Let me be blunt....we have to change our frame of mind about why we smoke. They are called "back doors", which are the mindsets of why we smoke. For example, the mindset or back door of believing that you can't cope with anything without a cigarette. This has to be faced and replaced with a frame of mind of "Yes, I can cope without a smoke."

Back doors are the excuses we use to smoke. Each excuse or back door is a lie from Nicodemon. There are several! Once we get fed up enough with smoking to change our ideas from the "need" to smoke to I don't want to be controlled by it, then we are able to quit and stay quit. It's not easy, but it can be done.

Education is key in this process of readjusting our mindset. The program Freedom From Smoking helps with this. www.lungusa.org . Also, read the info at www.whyquit.com . It has valuable info on the addiction and overcoming.

Dez, you can quit. Just take some time to prepare and take some deep breaths!! Wink

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: August 1, 2005 6:31 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dez, I do understand. . . for better or worse, in sickness and health, until death do us part! Shocked Hmmm. Cigarettes do not solve problems, they do not make us happier, they create stress as opposed to relieving stress and they are not our friends. Review your reasons for Quitting, take a walk, kick a tree, hug a tree, clean out your sock drawer, howl at the moon, or my favorite, eat chocolate cake! The crave will pass whether you smoke or not. The more times you choose to not smoke the easier it becomes. I am so glad you chose to post instead. Know in your heart you CAN do this! Cool

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: August 1, 2005 6:42 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a cig is your best friend you have issues that you need to look at BIG TIME. If cigs actually are as you said "they are always there for me when I need them through thick and thin" you are so wrong. How did they get to you in the first place. Question Now if you have a self contained entity that can get to you when you are in need I will shut up. My interpretation(but I might be wrong) is that you grab them and use them as a crutch but again maybe I'm wrong and a true friend you have found in your pack. If you have a true friend and they do get to you on their own then keep on smoking but if they are some sort of self inflicted aid to cope try again. You might as well pick the ABC gum off the bottom of your chair it will do you know more harm Laughing Laughing

When you are ready we are here. You can defeat them or they can defeat you. Pick a side any side and give it your all. Laughing

I'm a NON-SMOKER thanks to everyone here
mtwilsonranch

Quit Date:
January 20, 2006

PostPosted: August 1, 2005 6:58 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dez.

That cancer delivery system is not your friend....That is the illusion you have put on them.....You go through withdrawal 20 mins after lighting up. Then you light another, you are always on a rollercoaster......This is the addiction......

Nicotine is of itself a poison, add all those chemicals and you are smoking toxins...Friend, what kind of friend wants to harm you Question

This is an addiction, but you can overcome by just choosing not to smoke, this is not easy but it can be done, as others have shown the way.....This is your choice, there really is no reason or excuse to smoke...That cigarette does not think, cannot change one thing in your life...Only you can........

Trust in you, choose not to smoke and you are choosing a far better and healthier life................

Pam

Right Now, this minute, this hour, this day, I choose not to feed my addiction....
deztynee

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 1, 2005 9:02 PM    Post subject: THANKS GUYS BUT........ Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback guys, but it's just an analogy! Of course it's not my friend, it is my bitter worst enemy!! And to think that I would "mean" friend, would mean that I have no business on this board. So, I hope I have cleared that up. We all have rights to go up and down with emotions in these trying time, so please don't assume that I want to be smoking and that there is no hope, damn rights there is and I will beat the @#^$%& to a pulp before it beats me!!!!
iwantosing

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 1, 2005 9:04 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad its the addiction that talks like that Dez....those cigs are not you friends and they do not help you cope!!!!! I am 100 times more calm in the face of pressure or stress than when I smoked. cigs actually make you nervous and depressed...fight or flight hormones...keep you nervous all the time. its just hard the first few weeks...it does get better. Why don't you try the patch for a little while? with the patch on you don't go thru physical withdrawal and it gives you a chance to become accustomed to doing some activities without smoking a cig....like driving a car, talking on the phone...just start breaking those habits and in a few weeks you go down to the next level of nicotine patch, and in a few weeks you stop the patch all together. Try different stuff but please, you are sooooooooooooo precious, please don't smoke. Sad Peg

My name is Peg, I decided I wanted to sing to the Lord, run with my son, laugh and learn to whistle, the cigs had to go!! Quit Date 3/28/05
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 1, 2005 11:49 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dez,

Good! Wink

Just hold on during those moments of urges and triggers, sounding the alert for "smoke time". Try focusing on something else. I know, it's hard when Scowling Demon is pounding away. But it helps to keep our mind busy with uplifting and positive thoughts.

Also try a cinnamon stick to suck on. It was one of my favorite coping tools along with deep breathing. It will all pass....just take it a moment at a time.

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: