quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Who Has Good Recipes for cooking Fish?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 4, 2005 1:15 AM    Post subject: Who Has Good Recipes for cooking Fish? Reply with quote

I'm really getting into this Nutrition thing. (See my post on that subject.)
I would like to eat more fish, but I do not know how to cook it? Any good recipes would be appreciated. Very Happy

Margaret
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: August 4, 2005 2:13 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi Margaret,

I had a good one for low cholesterol but I'd have to search for it. From my memory, crumble up cereal corn flakes and I think you use egg to make it stick to fish. After baking it gives it the crunchy flavor. I think I seasoned it with lemon pepper and some other seasons. I will look for the recipe when my my legs don't hurt so bad.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 4, 2005 8:14 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

bookmark this site: http://allrecipes.com/ - you can search for recipes by ingredient, and all the recipes are rated by people who've tried them - look for recipes that appeal to you, or those with a fair number of ratings (for instance, all things being equal, i'd try a "4-star" recipe with 200 ratings before a "5-star" with only 20; the more ratings, the more reliable the rating will be).

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 4, 2005 10:27 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

This works with any fish ~ rub a little olive oil on the fish. Then place it on a broiler pan and shake creole seasoning on top. Cook until done. I was taught this dish about 7 years ago and have used it ever since. YUMMY!!! Cool

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: August 4, 2005 12:03 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Margaret. I just finished printing a recipe for Cod or Haddock that I saw on 30 Minute Meals (Food Network Cable Channel). Go to www.foodnetwork.com and click on "30 Minute Meals. I believe this one was telecast on August 2 or 3. It's called Baked Fish Dugler-ini and Angel Hair Pasta. Sure looked good.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: August 4, 2005 11:45 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marw. here is one for orange roughy... rub a small amount of mustard over fish and season with paprika, lemon peper and some olive oil....I also use some garlic salt...broil 5 to 6 min per side...

Shrimp on the grill is just awesome...
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: August 5, 2005 5:57 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favorites: rub with olive oil, season with lemon pepper and grill over charcoal. Use heavy duty foil on the grate. Cool

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 6, 2005 2:35 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks to all of you for these wonderful recipes and web sites to more recipes! Very Happy Thanks Kevin for the detail on how to use the web site, also. I can't wait to try it, and all these other recipes also! Very Happy

REading this has made me so hungry that Ishall now have a mid-night snack (meal)...hmmmm! But I'll have to wait until I buy the fish for the cooking! Maybe this week-end! Very Happy Cool

I'm going to try to eat fish at least once a week. Very Happy

Margaret
Mishka

Quit Date:
June 19, 2005

PostPosted: August 16, 2005 10:03 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a recipe but its not that good for you , but everything in moderation.

Start by frying up butter in a frypan over a low heat, yes butter! it burns when it cooks so only on a low heat, throw in a teaspoon of garlic and watch it sizzle, hmm I can smell it already!
Then about a tablespoon of dijon mustard, and a tablespoon of wholegrain seeded mustard constantly stiring so it mixes together. Then throw in your fish, i usually cut mine up into bit sized pieces and spoon the sauce over the fish occaisonally, turning only once. Remove from the heat when fish is almost cooked and translucent. Serve with a healthy leafy salad and some garlic bread!

I think i might have fish for dinner tonight.....
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 17, 2005 12:49 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mishka,

It sounds wonderful!! I have copy and paste it to my folder that I'm keeping of these fish recipes! THank you so much. Can't wait to try it! Very Happy

P.S. It's nice to have something I can do in a pan, too. I like cooking like that sometimes.

P.S. Again: Does it matter what kind of fish you use?

Margaret
Mishka

Quit Date:
June 19, 2005

PostPosted: August 18, 2005 8:26 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any white fish will do, sometimes salmon and trout can be a little bit too oily for my liking but whatever you prefer.
M
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 19, 2005 9:55 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Mishka, I'm shopping this week-end as it happens! Smile

Margaret
Marvel

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 22, 2005 11:14 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margaret,

I love salmon steaks marinated in freshly minced ginger and soy and orange juice. You'll have to find a recipe for exact amounts, but it's a very healthful and flavorful dish. Best grilled or broiled, and best to use wild Alaska salmon since farmed salmon is causing environmental problems. Happy fishing!

Marvel
QD 10/21/2003

marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 22, 2005 8:42 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Marvel!! Salmon is my favorite fish! Cool I am always buying it when I eat out. Now I can cook my own. BTW: I went to Alaska once, and the salmon was incredible! I'll have to find a place where I can buy it flown in fresh. I don't like things that have been frozen very much. But maybe it is O.K. to use frozen when it's fish?

Margaret
Marvel

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 22, 2005 8:54 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I think frozen is often fresher than "fresh" because many large fisheries freeze their catch almost immediately and, depending on where you live, the "fresh" fish you buy may have been previously frozen then thawed.

I love salmon too, and nearly everything else! But I almost wish my senses of smell and taste hadn't improved so much after I quit smoking. It's hard not to eat too much, even of a good thing!

Marvel
QD 10/21/2003

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: