quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Do I Wear a Sign That Says Crap on Me?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: August 8, 2005 6:50 PM    Post subject: Do I Wear a Sign That Says Crap on Me? Reply with quote

Mad I blew a head gasket at my doctor's office this afternoon. Let me start off by saying things started building up inside of me yesterday over something entirely different. My mother-in-law spoke hateful of me to my husband again by phone yesterday. My in-laws will not give it a rest. Okay, I just brushed that off after a little spat with my husband over it. Then today I got the bad news my dear friend passed away and I never was able to see her on count of how bad she felt in her final days. It was so sudden to me because the last I heard less than a week ago, my friend had 6 to 12 months to live.

I sat for 45 minutes at my doctor's office watching people go in that came in after I did. I didn't think much about it at first since there are more than one doctor at a time in the office but when there had been about 6 people that went in ahead of me and I inquired at the desk. Heck they don't have but maybe 2 or 3 doctors at the most at one time. My understanding was it was the male doctor there who was running behind and not my female doctor. The 1st lady who had taken care of me at the desk was snippy to me in the beginning which caused me to watch her while I waited to be called. That is how I became so aware of what was going on. I was told by another lady at the desk that I was next. Well, 2 more people went in after that. By this time the waiting room was about empty except me and a couple of others. Lady one who was snippy to me apparently had a friend to come in because they chatted and carried on. I heard lady one behind the glass say, "I'll put you right through, it will only be a few minutes." About 3 minutes later the lady's friend went in to see the doctor. Mind you all the others were told it would be a little while before they saw the doctor except I was not told that or the lady's friend. But unlike the lady's friend, I never got to see the doctor because I blew a head gasket and told that lady off and walked out.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: August 9, 2005 3:46 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Okay, now that I'm thinking more clearly I ended up doing the 1st step the Better Business Burea recommended. I just emailed a big wig in my doctor's complex of physicians with a complaint. In the complaint I was much more calm about it and stuck to the related issues without wandering off. I meant to save a copy of it though but clicked send 1st wtihout saving it. The main point I made was that the rude young lady had used her job to let a friend of hers go ahead of other people who had been waiting a while while her friend was called back within 3 minutes of arriving there.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: August 9, 2005 6:42 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara - there should be a copy of the email in your "sent items" folder in your email. You can open it from there and move or copy it to a folder to keep a copy.

I think its a good thing to bring a rude employee to the attention of the employer - but it is better to stick to the facts and keep the emotion in check. No one deserves rudeness - I'm glad you are sticking up for yourself.

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: August 9, 2005 9:29 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thank you Mary,

The email went out from the doctor's complex website. I think it uses Outlook to send mail from websites and I haven't a clue how to open sent mail in that instance.

Blessings,

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: