quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ARUBA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: August 9, 2005 11:36 PM    Post subject: ARUBA Reply with quote

I have refrained from saying anything about the missing Alabama teenager in Aruba but cannot continue to keep my frustration inside. I cannot believe the screw ups with this case from day one...the parents seem to be very intelligent and patient people....I would be livid!

This is the second american to disappear off the island...the first, a man in 1999. Some say the parents are at fault for letting her go out of the country. When I graduated from another school very close to Natalee's 36 years ago, my senior class planned their trip to the Bahamas..( I got married instead Laughing ) this is a tradition that goes back for many, many years. They did not send her by herself, there were over 100 students on that trip.

The whole thing has been very mysterious due to the Aruban laws.....I have felt the mother was on the right track from the very beginning...now, I just want justice to get the cocky little dude.....

Sorry, but this one is really bugging me....Beth Holloway just wants to take her daughter home. They owe her that much.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 9, 2005 11:47 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen Kay!

Like you I would have probably tore a few new a**es by now if I was the mom! Mad

I will leave it there....I don't want to get started!!! The whole situation is sad!

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: August 10, 2005 1:04 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay,

It is a terrible thing I know.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
mtwilsonranch

Quit Date:
January 20, 2006

PostPosted: August 10, 2005 1:57 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how you feel Kay.....I cannot watch it anymore, I end up throwing pillows, I get so angry at the way this whole thing was handled Mad

I feel so bad for the mother...

So glad that we have an open court system......Not perfect but so much better than hidden behind closed doors....

I pray for the family and hope they can have closure

Pam

Right Now, this minute, this hour, this day, I choose not to feed my addiction....
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: August 10, 2005 9:15 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, Kay. Like you, I feel this is a very botched up case and now it's probably too late to really ever know what happened.

When our granddaughters go places with their friends I always ask that they stay with their group. They probably get tired of hearing it but reminders never hurt.

I do feel terribly sorry for her family and hope that, someday, they know where she is.

Hope whoever had hands in her disappearance pays dearly for their crime.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Zuzu

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 10, 2005 1:09 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here, here! I'm with you, Kay.

Last edited by Zuzu on December 27, 2005 11:53 PM; edited 1 time in total
iwantosing

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 11, 2005 11:59 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy i really feel for the parents. and I think its a cover up for that judge and his son. Peg

My name is Peg, I decided I wanted to sing to the Lord, run with my son, laugh and learn to whistle, the cigs had to go!! Quit Date 3/28/05
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: August 12, 2005 7:37 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay, I am so glad you brought this up. Whenever I watch it on TV, I think of you because you are from Alabama.

I feel so saddened, because I feel the court system down there is covering something up. I think the father and son are being protected somehow. I really don't know, but if it is frustrating to me, I can't even begin to imagine how the parents feel! It would tear me apart!!!!

Thanks for the post. So we could all vent!

God Bless Kay!

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: August 12, 2005 2:02 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fear the story is dying as only cable networks are carrying it now...I have never felt she was left on the island but rather sold or traded as a debt. This young girl was an honor student and supposedly responsible but they still managed to get her away from the other students with only one witness seeing her leave....Either way, the Natalee her family knew is no longer with us.
Kay

Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: August 27, 2005 1:52 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it may be getting close to having to pay the devil his dues on this case.
Kay

kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: August 27, 2005 10:06 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure hope so, Kay. I've thought from the beginning that she was drugged -- ecstasy or something similar dropped into her drink. Why else would she have willingly gone off with those jerks?

I just hope there is some resolution and that the guilty parties pay for their crime.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: