quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nicodemons hounding

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
momofj_b

Quit Date:
April 21, 2004

PostPosted: May 5, 2004 8:41 PM    Post subject: Nicodemons hounding Reply with quote

OK, I'm having a really hard evening. I thought if I quit smoking that my kids would breathe easier too. My baby had bronchiolitis (RSV) about a month ago and had to take breathing treatments because nothing else helped. He got better, but today he seems worse again. I had to restart the breathing treatments. I had him to the doctor on Monday and he had an ear infection. Nicodemon is telling me to smoke anyway since the kids are going to be sick anyway. I keep telling him NO!!!! I will not now, nor never smoke. But, he keeps yelling louder. This is really hard. I don't have any smokes, and I refuse to go buy any. So, I guess I win the battle, but my insides are tied up in knots. I have to take a deep breath and tell myself that in 2 hours and 21 minutes, I will have two weeks under my belt. Two weeks that I don't want to go through again. But still, he keeps hounding.
Gretchen
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 5, 2004 9:39 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gretchen,
You are doing wonderful with your quit. Take it one day at a time...this will get easier for you as time goes by. Not always easy, but certainly easier...Take comfort in knowing that we're all here for you. Post whenever you need to. You are smoke free!!!!!

Nicotine Free--Three months, three weeks, two days, 20 hours, 37 minutes and 55 seconds. 4594 cigarettes not smoked, saving $803.72. Life saved: 2 weeks, 1 day, 22 hours, 50 minutes.
Wanda

Quit Date:
March 15, 2004

PostPosted: May 5, 2004 9:45 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gretchen

Are you hanging in there. As we've both heard the crave will pass whether we smoke or not. You're right about those two weeks, I remember them well.

Get the kids to bed, and do something relaxing, maybe a bath, there's a good friends thing on NBC if your a fan.

Just remember every day will get easier, and even though no one seems to be around tonight normally we're all here for you.

Wanda
Quit Date 03/15/04
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: May 5, 2004 10:06 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gretchen, The nicotine is out of your body. You are dealing with the old junkie thoughts. Take the autority over that conversation in your head. Tell that Nicodemon Scowling Demon he is a liar. No matter what your children are much better off now that you have quit smoking. Don't listen to his lies. Look over your reason to quit list. Take a nice long hot bath and get to bed early. Stay strong.

Look out shark attack...... my shark loves to eat up all of those lies that ol' nicodemon loves to tell.

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Carol

Quit Date:
December 9, 2009

PostPosted: May 5, 2004 11:06 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gretchen
Stay strong...you know deep inside that your children WILL be effected by your smoking again. Yes your baby has a relapse of bronchitis. My granddaughter had it also and NOBODY smokes around her. Babies get sick and they get upper respitory infections and it has nothing to do with you. However if you chose to return to exposing them to second hand smoke you will be doing damage. this is not you talking or thinking this is the addiction. It wants to be fed. and You are the only one who can starve it out of existance.
This will get better,,,,honest it will. Wait it out. Take it one breath at a time and be grateful that you can take that breath.
Hang in there girl . Don't give up now. You are stronger than that urge. YOU ARE IN CONTROL

WALK TALL WALK PROUD
CAROL
nurseliz

Quit Date:
April 13, 2004

PostPosted: May 6, 2004 7:00 AM    Post subject: STOP!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Gretchen, Dont do it, you know as well as I do that it wont help to smoke. Stress is a tough one. Take out your reasons to quit list. Look at your baby and ask yourself does he deserve to have his mom around for a long time to come. You can get over this. I know you can. We are in this together and you can keep your quit. I know you know the health benefits and I am sure you feel better. You did a great job by posting first and not smoking. Liz 3w 2d free Shocked

*** Have a Magical Day****

Liz
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 6, 2004 7:31 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gretchen, a little late to bat. By now, you will have had a good night's sleep, and that crave will have passed.

Laughing Demon May have been whispering in your ear, but you posted first...and won!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: