quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What now???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: August 18, 2005 3:29 PM    Post subject: What now??? Reply with quote

It seems all of a sudden, I am starting to have some free time on my hands. I have not had this kind of time since we moved to the farm 22 years ago. I now wonder what do people do when they are not working? I feel lost yet peaceful....ok, so is this another one of those mid life things? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: August 18, 2005 4:05 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mid life thing? What do people do when they're not working? Put on a Red Hat and a purple outfit and go to lunch, right, Londa?

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Essie
4/14/04
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: August 18, 2005 4:19 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, Essie. Just let me know where and when and I'll be there. Wink

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: August 18, 2005 4:25 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, Jo, today was the day. You missed it this time, but I'll let you know next time. It's great fun Exclamation

Very Happy

Essie
4/14/04
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: August 18, 2005 6:28 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have made contact twice with the Red Hatters in my town but never heard back from them...guess they don't want me in their group Embarassed Now girls, what I meant was all of a sudden I seem to have more and more time to enjoy life....just hoping it will last and not a midlife cisis.
Kay

Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 18, 2005 7:36 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay,

That would be great!!!! More time....uh...you could make a trip to Indiana. I could use some help here!!1 Wink Rolling Eyes I've got a hair lately and am decluttering the whole house....starting with all the years of papers and then moving to pictures. Then each room separately....wanna help? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Pull out some of those buried dreams and go for 'em!!! Cool

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: August 18, 2005 7:56 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I would love to see you Deb, cleaning is the LAST thing I want to do Laughing Laughing Grandkids are occupied in pre school and mother's day out program...daughter has a project and I am holding my breath it all continues Laughing Laughing
Kay

Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: August 18, 2005 9:10 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay - my advice...don't ask why....just enjoy it and say why not! You deserve it!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: August 18, 2005 9:29 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Egad, please no one else suggest Kay cleans. You don't know what your saying! Shocked Laughing Kay, kick back, enjoy, and don't you dare spend a moment feeling guilty about it. You are one of the hardest working people I know. You of all people deserve some down time. Smell the petunias, or the hostas, as Margaret would say. Have an extra cup of coffee in the morning. Take a walk. See a movie. Have a glass or two of wine. Read a book. Take up knitting or learn some other hobby. Go skydiving, scuba diving, or take that divine man of yours skinny dipping. Shocked Just have some fun and enjoy your life and your freedom. Cool

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
mtwilsonranch

Quit Date:
January 20, 2006

PostPosted: August 18, 2005 10:04 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay,
Tonya is so right, this is the time to enjoy, rising early to watch the sun rise and not have to hurry off to work or milk them cows.....

A good trail ride with Gus, or watch the grass grow, which is my favorite Very Happy Very Happy

I believe that this time is given to us to recharge our spirits, to be awake and really enjoying the music of life.....

Zippty do daa, zippity yea, my oh my what a wonderful day, plenty of sunsine heading my way, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Enjoy this day
Pam

Right Now, this minute, this hour, this day, I choose not to feed my addiction....
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 18, 2005 10:56 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay......Sounds like Tonya had the best idea Wink Laughing ....

ms_tapestry wrote:
take that divine man of yours skinny dipping. Shocked

Now, that's freedom!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing In more ways than one!! Very Happy

Ok...couldn't resist Embarassed ....I'll stop now. Laughing Laughing

In all seriousness....it's really good you are at a time in life of finally "relaxing" a bit. Enjoy it to the fullest!

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: August 18, 2005 11:04 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I can just see the headlines now..." couple of beached whales found at local farm" Laughing Laughing Laughing I guess I have been taking care of people so long...I forgot how to have some fun....me and hubby are talking about another trip to the beach!!!!!
Kay

Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 19, 2005 12:19 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the spirit Very Happy ....and don't forget the wine!!! Cool

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: August 19, 2005 1:46 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh gosh I LOVE not working. I have 3 kids under age 8 so it gives me the opportunity to do stuff with them or their school. If you don't have young kids, give me time...I'll think of some fun stuff. C'mon Kay, ENJOY!!!!!!! Kerry
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 19, 2005 10:21 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay, you are not having a mid-life crisis. It will last! Tonya had some good ideas, especially the "skinny dipping"! Now where can I find a divine man? Laughing hmmmmm....I already do those others. Also, do you like gardening? Or would that just be more work for someone on a farm? I love it myself, creating the different colors, textures, planning the seating, caring for the plants. But not everyone likes it; it is slow, however, and very meditative and peaceful.

Lunch and shopping are always good, too!! Laughing Laughing

Margaret
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: