quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cancer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zamphir66

Quit Date:
December 4, 2004

PostPosted: August 24, 2005 3:22 PM    Post subject: Cancer Reply with quote

My grandmother has been dx with lung cancer.

There's one tumor, still in the lung, no metastasis. I don't know yet what kind, I'm hoping its NSCLC. She has said she'll go through whatever treatment regimen the doctors prescribe.

My big worry is that she won't stop smoking: Her and my mother already sound like they don't want to blame the stogies, which is ridiculous. Willful ignorance.

I can't get a fix on what I'm feeling: anger, blame, more anger, even a sick feeling of gladness that I've kicked my own habit, which then makes me angry at myself, I just don't know right now. Mainly anger.

Ok I'm done.
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: August 24, 2005 7:16 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry to hear that. Wish I had some magic words to make it better but I don't. Just sorry. Kerry
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: August 24, 2005 7:59 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Zamphir,

You wrote that you don't know what you're feeling but I'm sure you're feeling everything you wrote All we can do now is pray for the full recovery of your grandmother. Just be certain to keep your quit strong. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 24, 2005 8:09 PM    Post subject: Re: Cancer Reply with quote

zamphir66 wrote:
.... Her and my mother already sound like they don't want to blame the stogies, which is ridiculous. Willful ignorance.

I am sorry. I have seen this several times before. One of my best friend's mother's didn't die from lung cancer after smoking over 40 years, she died from "the pollution" in the air. Shocked

I'm saying prayers for your family and for your strength in your quit. Crying or Very sad

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 24, 2005 8:58 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts are with you!! I am so sorry.

Margaret
mtwilsonranch

Quit Date:
January 20, 2006

PostPosted: August 24, 2005 9:46 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand your feelings, but it will be your strength and love that will help you......

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family..

Pam

Right Now, this minute, this hour, this day, I choose not to feed my addiction....
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: August 24, 2005 9:58 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so sorry for your grandmother's illness. This is such a hateful addiction. My thoughts and prayers and with you and yours. Cool

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: August 25, 2005 12:00 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to hear the sad diagnosis. I pray there will be a good outcome to the treatment.

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: August 25, 2005 12:23 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry to hear that your grandmother has cancer. I can understand you having all those feelings at once.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
swaneem

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 25, 2005 12:30 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry to hear about your grandmother. My thoughts are with you.

Donna
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: August 25, 2005 10:04 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

My prayers are with you and your grandmother. I know how you sorta feel as my own mother denies any problems with smoking. So who knows what is going on with her as she won't even see a dr either. So keep your chin up and pray which is all that can really be done. God will do as he sees fit and what is best for all concerned.

I will pray for all of you.

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 25, 2005 7:46 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm very sorry to hear this news, zamphir. like everyone else, i wish there was something i could say to make it feel better, but i know there isn't. hang in there, and remember that regardless of what your loved ones choose for themselves, you still have to make your own choices.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: August 25, 2005 9:12 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep choosing life for yourself and hopefully they will follow suit....I am sorry to hear the news of the dianogsis.....keep yourself focused so you will not have to go through what she does.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 26, 2005 12:14 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zamphir,

Face it...your just totally pissed at the whole blasted situation!!! And that is totally NORMAL!!!

With Dad(ex-smoker..he had quit years before) the lung cancer was a tumor...chemo and such...it was put into remission for a few years. Then it moved into the the brain years later it showed up. Chemo stopped the tumor in the brain, but it was too late because the cancer had already moved into the abdomen. He was already very weak and any further chem would make him worse. The cancer in the abdomen was what finally did it. But, what I want to point out are the years of remission...remission is soooo possible!! So, don't lose hope!

As far as the continued smoking...Mom never stopped when Dad was sick. She kept on huff and puff away. And seeing it the results there each and everyday didn't make a difference. Bottom line...it's an addiction that is "blinding"....It literally blinds us. The sad part is....most like living the lie, or so they make themselves believe that.

So, I feel for you!!! Keep yourself quit...that's something you do control!!

Big Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: