quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I AM FAT AND GETTING FATTER
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: October 3, 2005 6:44 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

When people in my life wanted me give up a vice I got more defiant and wanted that vice even more.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Simone

Quit Date:
April 28, 2005

PostPosted: October 4, 2005 1:05 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Vice now is not to eat anything that will put an ounce on me & excersise until my muscles burn for days !! LOL
Simone

Quit Date:
April 28, 2005

PostPosted: October 13, 2005 12:25 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't know what to do I put on another kilo Shocked Shocked & all I have been eating under 9oocals a day no junk & 3 carrots a day.

The GP says I am returning to the weight I should be RUBBISH !!!!!!!!! I have never been so depressed in my life I have NEVER been overweight ever & it sure is not what I'm putting in my mouth & I excersise so much I really think I'm totally doomed never to be slim again not 1 pair of my jeans fit & stomach problems all the time the Dr has me on IBS meds -still bloated & fat Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: October 15, 2005 8:40 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think like in all healing this just takes time. When I gained 15 pounds like over night, I felt so freaking fat and almost slipped back to feeding the demon.

My sister had quit and gained 20 pounds; she gave up eating and went back to smoking…she is now 22 pounds over. Some times smoking again will not help the gain.

At my year quit and five more pounds heavier, I bought a treadmill and started walking on it while watching TV this gave me some thing to do besides fidget and eat.

It has been close to two years now and I have lost all 20 pounds I gained. I feel as I said healing our bodies takes time. Give yourself time for your system to heal and your metabolism may increase.

I still cannot eat all I want, as it seemed I could when I was a smoker and I am fighting a big gut that still bothers me, but I am back into Yoga and mediation. All seems to be helping.

Lord knows this is a battle. Hang in there you are doing great.

Sandyz
been free for 723 days!

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
Simone

Quit Date:
April 28, 2005

PostPosted: October 15, 2005 9:44 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandyz that's just how I feel it happened to me as well Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I gained the weight so fast & without ever realizing I was eating more....I am truly hating myself at the moment I walk do a a type of yoga that gets you sweating but with my MS I can't keep it up everyday Sad

I really need a treadmill but money is so tight my partner told me that I can't have a treadmill as we really don't have the cash & to walk more.......I try so hard but I need something in the house & I am desperate for a treadmill so I will sell some haircare/skincare whatever it takes on ebay !!.I wish he understood my misery as a Woman he quit but can lose weight so fast & not gain unless he eats & drinks beer lol!! I don't even drink anything but water & tea Sad

I am so sorry your Sister went back to the cigs I have looked at people a lot lately not being critical or anything but a lot of smokers are overweight as well poor souls.

Yes healing takes time I am just so upset as I cannot go out as my jeans don''t fit not one pair Shocked & I was a jeans gal........off to the second hand shop for me.

Good on you forr losing the weight & better that you lost it slowly as it won't return.Wink

I am taking every vitamin supplement liver tonic kelp etc but I am just getting a terrible gut ache & bloating I now have been diagnosed with IBS (along with my MS grr- but that is a year nearly)to make matters even more miserable....a horrible thing.Sorry for repeating myself :blush:

So right you are a battle it is but I won't give in no matter how much I crave a cig I will never smoke again & this weight WILL come off.

All these posts are a godsend.Sorry for the long rant I am a real miserable creature as my partners Gran died last Thursday I the funeral is this coming Wednesday which I am not looking foward too as she was a darling old lady 94yo but thank god she was not in pain & just had a glass of water & passed on bless her soul.

How terrible am I carrying on about my weight I am ashamed but I can't help it as I am trying sooooooooo hard Sad Sad ;( I know the demon has been on my miind so much I can almost taste it but I knock that rotten demon away I have never been so determined not to be defeated !! & I cry as I say it cause I am so tired of the fight but I know it has to go on forever as I am an addict ........so no cigs for me in this lifetime.

*hugs*

Simone
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: October 15, 2005 5:35 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Simone, I am so sorry about your death in the family. Thank God, as you said she was not in pain.

I too was saddened when my sister went back to smoking, she does not seem to be any happier and the weight is still with her.

I hate that for her, as she is depressed over the gain and now depressed about going back to smoking. Some times when she visits, I feel guilty; she said I give her weird looks. Good Lord I smoked for over 30 years, I do not feel she is a bad person for smoking now. Sigh...the addict's thoughts.

I found this no bells or whistles treadmill on sale at Wal-Mart. It was $75.00; I put it in lay away and paid it off in a few weeks.

I had to work at losing the weight and at times when I stop working on it the fat finds me then when I put on a pair of jeans, they do not fit. They did yesterday???

Seems the battle never stops, first the smoking then the weight. Then I look around and think I am so grateful to be alive. So I need to work at keeping the weight off now but in doing so I am staying healthy. That is why we stopped smoking to try to get as much quality life from as we can.

When I made my trip to PA I was looking at the pictures and thought, my God those are fat pictures of me, then I looked at the color in my face, not the ash smoking color and thought no, that is a healthy me. (Then I got on the treadmill) Confused I still look heavy as I have this gut that will not go away.

Hang in there, you will win this battle just as you did with quitting. If not having your freedom back is as Kevin said on another issue...priceless!

Sandyz
free for 723 days!

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: October 15, 2005 10:04 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Know the feeling girls, I feel like a Ball Park Weiner....ya know plumps when you cook it....well I look like I have been sauted for a while now....mine is mainly in the middle which is not good...but on the flip side, the lizard does not have any room in my thighs to roam around in anymore. Wink
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Simone

Quit Date:
April 28, 2005

PostPosted: December 28, 2005 8:15 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

The past 2 months or longer I have stopped all pasta/bread/red meat/ all processed foods/carbs & sugar (only in fresh fruit) still only 1 lousy kilo lost but slowly I am hoping to get back to my old 50kilos........needing that treadmill!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: