quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Let's take Action
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > taking action
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simone

Quit Date:
April 28, 2005

PostPosted: September 27, 2005 1:46 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on the team too !! I quit once for less than a week 5 years ago with patches as they made me dizzy & sick I ripped it off & had a cigarette poor excuse but at that time I was in the 'I can justify smoking stage' .

Al last year I was getting a nagging feeling to stop smoking even though I still enjoyed it -itwas only a few days of the week not every cig or every day & smoking was getting to be a production get the Honeyrose herbal nicotine free mix to mix with normal loose tobacco roll 3/4's herbal to a pinch tobacco use extra large filter stab the filter & add 2 to 3 drops Nicbloc than when rolled & ready stick the cig in a targuard Exclamation well this April I realised I was isck of smoking & I could no longer make excuses or justify my addictive habit, I went to Christy Turlington's website & within a few minutes I was in tears reading through I threw my full pouch of tobacco & all other smoking bits into the bin & that was IT for me 28 years of smoking & carrying on like a fool thinking that it really would never 'get me' the idiotic things I did to justify my habit/addiction was insane using my poor late Grandpa who died at 96yo & was a smoker but died not from anything related to smoking & my Sister-in-Law who as she lives in the USA 90% ofthe time smokes ''Natural Tobacco'' & has for 40 years -she always told me not to worry she's in perfect health.........I was hanging on to every excuse.

Well I threw them all out along with the cigs etc there is no excuse I do not wish to kill myself slowly anymore I want to live I love that I can walk up the hill where I live & take a big breath of the Hills Air & SMELL everything!!! not the old out of breath Simone but one who can actually breathe again......I won't lie I still crave nicotine I struggle but smoking again is not am option for me I have quit & I am an addict & know it so I chose not to smoke anymore to live longer & be free of a habit that used to rule my life can't go here , can't go there smoke free zones/NO SMOKING signs huddling in a corner with other smokers in the middle of a Movie!!, as I had to have that cig .............ohhhhhhhhhh how good it feels to be FREE!!!!!!!!.

I guess I will have my cravings like anyone that has an addiction & yes I liked smoking but not anymore, so I deal with the cravings every day & I keep telling myself the old mantra 'Never Take Another Puff' & I have not .

Simone

Very Happy
Simone

Quit Date:
April 28, 2005

PostPosted: September 27, 2005 1:50 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't edit typo's Confused
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 27, 2005 2:09 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW:I don't think the typos matter, but you can edit them--just click on the "Edit" button, and then fix it and resubmit.

This is a Great thread! THanks, Melody, for saying what needed to be said.
And to everyone who is adding to it.

My first Rule when I quit: NEVER SMOKE WITHOUT POSTING FIRST. This meant forever, not just in the first few weeks or months. I still reread my Plan, which I wrote in it's entirety and posted on "Stacking the Odds in Your Favor" on the GettingQuit Forum. I recently posted it at FFS.

I'd like to be on the TEAM! Smile Let's keep it going and help each other.

Margaret
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > taking action All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: