quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SEVERVE STRESS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: September 10, 2005 11:46 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Good research Melody.

Simone, my heart goes out to you. Stay strong, KTQ.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 10, 2005 11:55 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simone,

Sounds like one heck of a situation. Sorry about the late posting here.

Well, just recently was stressed to the max myself....what helped was taking a nice trip the mall and buying some fragance mist and shower gel from Bath and Body...in other words...I got the heck out of Dodge and spent some much needed time to myself!!!! And after that prayer!!!!

As far as bf is concerned....well, I won't even try to give advice on how to deal with him..but this I will say.....beware of bitterness. When we get so mad and angry with someone it's so easy to let it "brew" inside and steam. And this leads to bitterness. The catch is that bitterness does nothing to the person we are angry with...all it does is steal from us our peace and calm inside. So, smile and love yourself instead!!! Very Happy

Hugs Girl ((((Simone))))

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Simone

Quit Date:
April 28, 2005

PostPosted: September 14, 2005 2:56 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhh just logged in & saw all the posts!!!!! thankyou all so much *hugs*
I have never felt so stressed in my life & my bf has pushed me to the limit & now I know I do NOT need a cigarette I can just go for a walk-sit outside or do what I love the most play my Piano so loudly bf runs away lol.

In all seriousness it is a fight everyday & people who stress you are just pushing button imho.I am a sensitive creature so I better toughen up!!

I had bf print out 'Never Take Another Puff' Joel Spitzer & it rocks !!.

Plodding along!

Love to you all (((HUGS)))
Simone

Melody your advise could have made my 2 divorces a lot easier !! great research Wink
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: September 14, 2005 10:55 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi Simone,

I think playing the piano is a lovely way to relieve stress or get bf to run off. Nice to hear back from you and that you are still quit.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Simone

Quit Date:
April 28, 2005

PostPosted: September 15, 2005 2:05 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Barbara Smile I just love my Piano LOL so funny to watch bf run away hehe. I keep telling myself 'You've come this far don't cave' so far so good Smile

Extra blessings for you as you are just so lovelyyou really deserve every one Smile

Simone xx
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: September 15, 2005 7:52 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simone, I too play piano; classics. What type of music do you enjoy playing? It sure does relieve stress, doesn't it?

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Simone

Quit Date:
April 28, 2005

PostPosted: September 16, 2005 12:03 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I write/play 99.9% of my own music the style is a little like Tori Amos/Hannah Fury, strangely classic haunting powerful music yet I can do very soft pieces as well.

I also play Guitar it must be a stringed instrument thing !!

I will always adore the classics Smile

For sure it relieves tension & stress plus I get enjoyment out of it I have a black Yamaha upright the baby grand was so expensive I nearly died & I would have had to knock another wall down to fit the darling in .

Simone Smile
Simone

Quit Date:
April 28, 2005

PostPosted: September 16, 2005 12:20 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000055XJ7/qid=1126843974/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-7151019-6618303?v=glance&s=music&n=507846

You can listen to Hannah's piano playing a little from the above link & Tori here:

http://www.toriamos.com/

I must say meeting Tori as well as her signing my music book was one of the most wonderful events of my life lol & than the picture of us that was put up on a website (the same pic I attached when I first came here), so music is a huge part of my life as I bet it is yours I was never taught to read music I just listened to a song one day & than played it on my Cousins piano, I did go for llessons but simply cannot read it well & the Piano teacher asked how on earth I could play after a few hours of listening to pieces & than playing them I was told I have a gifted ear for music.........still would love to read those notes Embarassed
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: September 16, 2005 10:39 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi Simone,

My husband plays the piano by ear too but he did take a lot of music lessons starting at 7 years old. How is your quit going?

Have some pie below.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Simone

Quit Date:
April 28, 2005

PostPosted: September 17, 2005 3:59 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi Barbara so your Husband is the same well at least I don't feel alone I can just manage the notes to write down for a song lol.

My quit is going well I went out for dinner last night with bf & friends (boring salad Sad ) & as they both are smokers I was getting a little edgy but it passed when I got a big wiff & nearly chocked my friend said she was sorry & stubbed out her cig.

Ahaaa that is about the only pie I can eat & I helped myself Smile thanks for that Wink

Simone Smile
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 17, 2005 10:46 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Simone,

I have enjoyed hearing about your music. Both my parents were jazz musicians, and both played by ear (I think they learned to read a little--not sure). My father played brass, and my mother played strings. They played professionally when I was young, and put in a Music Store when I was about 7 years old, and did that instead. I grew up around music. I played a clarinet in the band in High School, but did not have the ear to sound out notes. (Although, I can tell exactly to a shade if someone is on pitch or not, and it will bother me exptremely, so I only go to hear professional music. I do not mean to be snobby about that--and I would include you in professional, of course!--but it hurts my ears if people are off key, either vocally or instrumentally. Odd, isn't it, that I can recognize "true" pitch but cannot reproduce it.

Actually, I was very visual (a painter and a dancer), so I often felt like an eye growing up in a family of ears! Laughing

NOw I have been wanting to tell you for the longest--since you started this thread--how much I love this word "severve." Laughing Now I know that was probably a typo, but it should be an actual word, because it so very well expresses the frustrations we go through in the early part of the Quit. Laughing

You are doing a great job! Keep that up! And keep posting. We enjoy these posts.

Margaret
Simone

Quit Date:
April 28, 2005

PostPosted: February 22, 2006 11:47 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Severe" LOL is my ultimate favorite word lord knows why Question
I have to say even when my poor partner whistles 'off key'' I haul him up hurts my ears!!.

I am plodding along..hating the heat here at the moment Sad
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: February 24, 2006 7:58 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved reading this thread again! As always, Melody had me in stitches!

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Simone

Quit Date:
April 28, 2005

PostPosted: February 24, 2006 8:07 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same her Londa Smile

Melody just has the ability to have me holding my stomach from laughing in which is always needed .

Still plodding along here -have beeen walking in the city since 4pm & caught the bus home in the dark took 45 minutes stupid bus was late 8.33pm Shocked so I got off up the hill at 9.20pm -totally pitch black my & my partner had had a few too many beers to drive so he staggered up the hill to walk me home while I was laughing at him cause his speech was all slurred-shame on me!!a lady asked if we were ok LOL !!

Have to say heaps of people at the bus stop were all lighting up & I didn't have the urge at all & for me that is a ''Miracle'', I actually felt sorry for the smokers Confused

Love to All,
''Severe'' Simone Wink
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: February 24, 2006 2:19 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Simone,

Glad you didn't have the urge. Can people smoke on buses by in Australia? We use to here be able to smoke on the buses many years ago.

Blessings,

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: