quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Had a really bad day!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deb

Quit Date:
February 5, 2010

PostPosted: September 9, 2005 8:55 AM    Post subject: Had a really bad day! Reply with quote

Hey all,

Yesterday I thought I was really going to lose it. I just had a really rotten day and the urges were so intense. I don't want to sound like a weenie but, I actually cried and then this quickly turned into anger. Mad If someone was even to look at me the wrong way I think I would of ripped their head off. This is so awful because I am not a mean person. I just couldn't help myself.

The good part about this rant is, I DID NOT SMOKE! Very Happy I must say I came close to it though. What actually saved me, the other day, (I honestly don't remember who) someone posted that if you lose your quit, you will just have to start all over. Well Idea for me, NO WAY do I want to go thru the first week of hell again and if I did take that smoke..............it would be inevidable. So to whom ever wrote this, It really stuck in my mind.

I was sooo miserable I couldn't even get myself to post. I sat back and read many but, was to angry to post or reply. It's funny I felt so angry and razzled that I wouldn't be able to help anyone out nor did I want to bum anyone out. Sad

Needless to say, I made it thru and feel a lot better today. Very Happy I guess it's gonna be a long haul and as bad as it may seem, it does pass. I am not looking forward to another day like that one. I guess there really isn't anything we can do but fight it.

Deb
LadyHouck

Quit Date:
January 4, 2004

PostPosted: September 9, 2005 9:02 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go Deb! I know from experience that emotions go nuts during the early part of a quit. I hadn't shed a single tear in over 7 years when I quit and I found that I was so frustrated with everyday life that I bawled on several occasions. I knew I couldn't ever smoke again, but I could cry and rant all I wanted. It took me about a month to really get lined out where I felt like myself again.

The important thing here is that no matter how mean you were or how bad you felt yesterday, you remembered that this quit is more imporant that all that. It does get easier and easier as time goes on. Hang in there! You are doing a wonderful job!!!

Tonya
3+ years!

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.

Erma Bombeck
mtwilsonranch

Quit Date:
January 20, 2006

PostPosted: September 9, 2005 10:40 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you Deb on not smoking Very Happy Very Happy

All these emotions are like a rollercoaster ride..But they are part of the quitting process, we have to pass through them to get to the other side...I wish sometimes there was a way around or an overpass, but as long as we see them as a sign that we are recovering, it does get better...

Stay strong, you are doing so good, Very Happy Very Happy Being free from this posion is the best gift from you to you, just believe ......................

Pam

Right Now, this minute, this hour, this day, I choose not to feed my addiction....
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: September 9, 2005 6:10 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb, give yourself a huge pat on the back! If you can make it through a day like that you can do anything! Keep it going. YOu rock!

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 9, 2005 6:58 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

good for you, deb - but next time, remember that you don't have to stay away just because you're angry; that's what this forum is for: sometimes it helps just to get it out.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Deb

Quit Date:
February 5, 2010

PostPosted: September 9, 2005 8:13 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank's for the support Tonya, Tonya, Pam & Kevin! It's really good to know that there are people out there with words of encouragement especially, in times of need. Very Happy

Have a great evening! Smile

Deb
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 9, 2005 10:03 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb,

Sorry so late. Proud of you for hanging in there and not smoking. Because you're right...who wants to go through the hell of the first part of the quit? No Way! Wink

It's still early in the quit for you. Expect these emotions. It's just a dreadful part of quitting. Even later it can still happen. (I'm a perfect recent example Embarassed Rolling Eyes at 6 weeks) Try to find something that really thrills you....like being outside or ie..I like scents and lotions...or reading or having that favorite flavored coffee or tea. Something that you can take a moment and say "ahhhh" and just feeling good. Generally this works for mild tensions and stresses. Now the heavier stresses....prayer!

I remember times when someone would just say a wrong word or look the wrong way and bam..."off with their heads" would be the veredict! Shocked You're adjusting. It's normal. Not pleasant, but normal. The best way is just to stay in the moment and stay focused as best as possible. Yes, that can be tough sometimes, especially when life begins to pile up with one stress or problem right after another. Really, if we can concentrate on ONE issue at a time...it's easier to handle. It's when our mind takes over and it's whirling with so many different problems and issues that we just feel like screaming and running to the hills!! Shocked
It's a vivcious cycle!! And one that's easy to get trapped in. So, take a deep breath, pray, and focus on just one problem at a time. That or run to the hills!!! Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing

So, glad your day today was better. And hoping you won't have another tough one for quite awhile. Wink Very Happy

Love and Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: September 9, 2005 11:39 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb, we are a tough bunch and most of us have been angry for frustrated during our quit also....we are forgiving....post when you need to and sometimes that is when it is the most intense.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: September 10, 2005 1:06 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Deb,

I am glad that you did not smoke yesterday. Don't worry about staying away either. And ranting in a PM will help too.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: September 10, 2005 3:49 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb sorry I didn't see this post earlier. Glad you didn't smoke. Oh those roller coaster rides.... man!

It will get better, even when you get a crave it isn't as long. And PLEASE keep posting. That is what we are here for.

We are a support group, and we are here to help in anyway we can.

God Bless!

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 11, 2005 12:34 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to be late here, too. Just want you to know that I shed buckets of tears, and broke lots of stuff (until I figured out not to throw the breakables Laughing ) during the first part of my quit. Reading your post, you sounded just like me. You will get through it. Never fear. But next time, remember you can post if you want....that's what all those "funny" keys are for on the keyboard! Laughing Laughing

YOU did good, girl! I'm proud of you.

Margaret
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: