quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mad at cigs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NotKool2smoke

Quit Date:
September 9, 2005

PostPosted: September 9, 2005 4:25 PM    Post subject: Mad at cigs Reply with quote

Would I stay with a man, who took my money? Would I stay with a man who made me tired and nauseus everytime I was around him? Would I stay with a man who told me that without him, my life would suck, and I need him to function, to think and to feel, but at the same time he's telling me that, he's slowly poisoning me? Would I stay with a man, knowing that he could kill me at any time? Would I stay with a man who was so ugly that other people would look at me with him and wonder what I saw in him, and would judge me as being stupid, weak or having "issues?" Would I stay with a man who burns me, and who won't let me go anywhere without him? Would I stay with a man who tells me that its better to spend time with him than eat, and it's better to spend time with him than exercise? Would I stay with a man who would throw a temper tantum and get angry everytime I said "It wasn't working out" and would mess with my mind telling me all the reasons why I should stay with him? Would I concentrate on the first few times with him, only remembering the good and block out the past 24 years of pain and abuse? And if I did, would I expect my friends, families and co-workers to be angry and frustrated with me for staying? YES. Would I stay in a relationship like that? I'd like to think NO I SURE WOULDNT. SO WHY DO I DO THIS WITH CIGARETTES? THEY ARE LIKE AN ABUSIVE SPOUSE. An abusive spouse that I gotta financially support, clean up after, make excuses for, try and hide-I WANT A DIVORCE FROM CIGARETTES! Scowling Demon
Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: September 9, 2005 4:46 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Cool Cool Kevin this is shear poetry and should be added to somewhere it will never get lost in the shuffle.

Awesome past and so very true. Congrats on your QUIT.

I'm a NON-SMOKER thanks to everyone here
mtwilsonranch

Quit Date:
January 20, 2006

PostPosted: September 9, 2005 5:05 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on day 1 of your journey of freedom Very Happy

This is a great post....Keep these reasons to divorce your cigarettes close..They are a reminder of how we were in bondage of our own choosing.....

..Keep on quitting one day at a time...it does add up Wink Very Happy

Pam

Right Now, this minute, this hour, this day, I choose not to feed my addiction....
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 9, 2005 7:00 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

the best part of this is that you're the judge and jury all rolled into one: you want a divorce? it's yours! all you have to do is choose life. Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Imagen27

Quit Date:
July 12, 2005

PostPosted: September 9, 2005 7:02 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love this post!!

~Im

Imagen-29 (The ever so "flexible willow")
3 wonderful girls, 12, 10 and 3
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: September 9, 2005 8:53 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sorta sounded like my x husband who would ever think my smoking was like my marriage? Go figure Laughing Shocked

But seriously no one who was in thier right minds would stay with someone like that so why did we stay so long with our "man" the answer to this would be "ADDICTION' It is a powerful thing and it can be beaten.

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
iwantosing

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 9, 2005 9:58 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy awesome analogy............thanks. Peg

My name is Peg, I decided I wanted to sing to the Lord, run with my son, laugh and learn to whistle, the cigs had to go!! Quit Date 3/28/05
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 9, 2005 10:10 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally cool perspective!!! Cool

Welcome to Woofmang!!!

You've got the right direction and determination!!! Welcome to the first day of your new smokfree life of freedom!!

WTG!!! Take it one day at a time!!!

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Deb

Quit Date:
February 5, 2010

PostPosted: September 10, 2005 10:15 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that's a new way to look at it but, ever so true. No I would not stay with a person like that!

Just makes me take a deeper look and ask myself, why I ever smoked for 32 years Embarassed DREADFULL.............Thank God I've woken up and kicked that nasty Scowling Demon out of my life forever!!

Good luck with your quit! You can do this. Very Happy

Deb
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: September 10, 2005 10:25 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your way of looking at things! Cool

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: September 10, 2005 12:17 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post......uh hmmmmm....unfortunately so many of us do stay with men who do all the above so I guess it was easy for the cigs to marry us too!
Rolling Eyes Wink
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
NotKool2smoke

Quit Date:
September 9, 2005

PostPosted: September 11, 2005 12:47 AM    Post subject: The "Divorce" Reply with quote

Thank you all for replying! I guess I use the relationship analogy because I was the type of smoker who considered cigs my "friend". They had been their as a constant in my life for 25 years and saw me thru everything, good,bad and indifferent. I romanticized my "relationship" with cigarettes they way people do with someone who isn't good for them. And just like with people, I can't control them. I can't change the fact that cigs are bad for me, and are hurtful to me,but I CAN choose whether they are in my life or not. Cigs can hurt me only if I let them.
So in filing for my "divorce"-Ihave had second thoughts, but realize that Cig has changed and it will never be what it was. Cig is angry about it. But I said, "take your stuff with you"- so Cig took the ashtrays, lighters, silver case, and holder with him. I am still battling him in court-today was especially hard. But one nice thing already is that I am collecting alimony! it's only 6.50 a day, but it adds up to 200+ a month!
I am really glad you are all here. I have 3 days off of work starting mon, and I want to wean myself from the NRT's-I think it is making me crave worse. The crazy thing, is that I work in an ER-where you'd think I'd be safe and find tons of support and reasons to stop but today we had a new doctor start-and he smokes!!! And man could I smell it!! Then a lady brought her mom in, and she was waving an unlit cigarette around, and then another patient had a full pack sitting on the table next to his bed! Arrrg! I guess I never really noticed it before-but I didn't want my ex harrassing me at work, ya know?Geez. Does this awareness of everybody else smoking go away anytime? Thanks again!!!
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 11, 2005 1:23 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lisa,

Just had to smile....yes, it's one of the things that happens when we quit...we begin to NOTICE the people who smoke, the butts laying on the ground littering it, the people outside smoking, and just about any type of instant you can think of. It's like we are in the twilight zone. Where we are amazed and looking at the phenomon from an outside viewpoint. It's very strange and bizarre at times. And yes, it does pass!!!!

You've gotten through day 2....good for you!!!!

Keep it up!!!

Big Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: September 11, 2005 12:42 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy 2 days free! Yes get mad at those smokes and stay mad! They are abusive, no good, rotten, lying, cheating, dead beat, killers. I say good ridance. Kick Laughing Demon to the curb!

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Simone

Quit Date:
April 28, 2005

PostPosted: September 15, 2005 2:32 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

NotKool2smoke you said it all !!!!!!! I was & still am Furious at all those years wasted on a liar & cheat who was trying to kill me (insert pretend *snootyface*) as well as make me crazy with withdrawls & miserable.

I hate hate hate the cig's with a Womans Scorn Scowling Demon Scowling Demon
But even better now I can go & do whatever I wish without that murderer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: