quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kevin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: September 26, 2005 9:04 PM    Post subject: Kevin Reply with quote

I need a safe place to store my quit but I no longer feel like I need to have a party each month. What can we do about that. Question I'd give up my Quit date but it so upset me at first as I figured they has lost their Quit that I can't do that to the ones counting us to lead them to the promised land. I'm still on the path guys I'd just like to celebrate again maybe at 2 years not 14 months. There are to many of us and I feel the first few months are critical to celebrate and we should focus on them at the same time I don't want to loose my Quit date. Kevin help Wink

I'm a NON-SMOKER thanks to everyone here
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 27, 2005 2:16 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, Melody. I have to think about this. I kind of like having my Lunaversary all the time. (Even though I forget it! Rolling Eyes ) And I really needed it for the first year. Maybe Kevin could come up with a "retired" list for those who don't wish to be recognized? And the rest of us could hold on to our pacifiers! Laughing

Margaret
Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: September 27, 2005 7:25 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margaret that was the idea as we are all different. Laughing Laughing

kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 27, 2005 8:53 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll have to put on my thinking cap for this one, melody, but i'm not likely to get the time for a bit; if nothing changes in the next couple of months, please remind me of it.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: September 27, 2005 10:34 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's ok Carla suggested I add it to my signature so I did. Thanks Laughing

Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 29, 2005 12:51 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possible solution....

on the profile page add the question...do you want your quit date posted on the lunaniversary board? then if they don't just don't link the quit date with the lunaniversary board.

somehow set a switch line in the programming of the quit date. I'm not a programmer so just throwing this out there to ponder.

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 29, 2005 1:38 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

good idea, melody!

and yeah, that's pretty much what i was thinking, too, deb; it's more a question of finding the time to tweak the programming: the software behind these boards is in 600+ different files (not counting the database), and i had to make modifications to about a dozen of them to make the *versary list function work...

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: October 24, 2005 3:17 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took my date off for awhile then I was afraid too others might think I lost my quit. I do like it added to the signature as melody has done.

Hummm...I need to think on this one. It is like you said Melody, so many people have quit it is impossible to keep up with them all.

Guess we do the best we can. I do love reading the anniversary page and seeing who has hit a milestone. I feel so much pride for all those quitters, I think I would miss it. Even though I have little time to congrad them all. I feel sure most know our hearts and thoughts are with them.

Sandyz

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > suggestions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: