quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Trying to stay under control

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: October 3, 2005 2:11 PM    Post subject: Trying to stay under control Reply with quote

Mad Hi all,

My new case manager at the Mental Health clinic is almost young enough to be my granddaughter. Every time we speak she talks to me like I'm a 5 year old. She and my last case manager are the type of people who cannot think for themselves. I've had to do all my own research in the past 1 1/2 years for any resources I can use that I am entitiled to. Some people though that work in the social field just don't want to look into things or do not care. They are suppose to already have these resources at hand anyway but yet they do not offer them. I have to tell them to do their job. They can't think for themselves. I spoke to my new ever so young case manager a little while ago and as usual she spoke to me like I'm an idiot.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 3, 2005 4:27 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barb,

Have you mentioned to her that the tone she uses is belittling and offensive to you? Explain you're a woman not a child...and as such would like to receive the respect of an adult not a child. Wink

Remember..she's young and, no doubt, inexperienced...just tell her how you feel.

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: October 3, 2005 5:00 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara, you are going to encounter these people where ever you go in life. I think most social service workers are told not to offer the services. They are all on a budget and the more services offered the less they have to go around. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but I've seen it often enough. Educating yourself is not a burden but a privilege and your responsibility. Who best but you to know what your needs are and the best way to take care of them. I congratulate you on taking charge of your life, your needs and your future. As for the youngster, go into her office, research in hand, tell her what you need and if you don't get it ask to speak to a supervisor. Remain calm, clear headed and focused. Keep escalating up the ladder until you get resolution. Remember, he who moves you to anger defeats you. Good luck! Cool

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: October 3, 2005 6:31 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi you two,

I had many other gripes also and had just had enough of my past 2 case managers. I spoke with the grievance person after calming down at the clinic and explained myself. I will be getting a new case manager in 1 or 2 days.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 3, 2005 6:44 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Barb!....the squeaky wheel gets the oil! Very Happy

And Tonya...like the way you said this.... he who moves you to anger defeats you. Very true!

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: