quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Please help...The demon is knocking
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iwantosing

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 7, 2005 8:41 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Hi sandy, I read where children raised with parents that smoke in the home are being "prepped" for being a smoker themselves. They find some type of chemical related to nicotine in their saliva.....cotine or something. My point being that second hand smoke does has its effects on the non smoker. My sister smokes in the home but always in front of a fan that is sucking the smoke outside. Maybe your husband can do that. I can understand you might be lonely if he smokes so much outside, you would never see him. Thats a tough situation, you are in my prayers, you and your husband. peg

My name is Peg, I decided I wanted to sing to the Lord, run with my son, laugh and learn to whistle, the cigs had to go!! Quit Date 3/28/05
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: October 9, 2005 4:52 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good grief I hadn't thought about already being in the race. Guess I look at Kevin's time and strength and wish I had the same. Very day it does get better and the near relapses further apart. This was my first melt down in almost a year. I can deal with that.

Some days you still need those baby steps. Days like today I am trotting along so glad to still be in the drivers seat. Phew. Thanks for all the support. I hope I can return it and pull, push, or drag someone along.

Sandyz
been free for 717 days! Shocked

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: October 10, 2005 10:55 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello SandyZ, Just seeing this post now and so sorry that you've been having a rough time. It is good seeing you on the boards though. Here is my 2 cents....... Hubby should absolutly smoke OUTSIDE. Dad is wrong you are so much better off now than if you'd continued to smoke the past 2 years. Last but not least you come to far to turn back now. That would be a tragedy to loose the past 2 years.

Hey and congrats for staying strong in your quit and not answering the door when Laughing Demon was knocking.

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 13, 2005 4:14 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sandy. Gosh, it's been a long time since I've stopped by. Here, I"m sending you some strength through the website, but sounds like you've already got as much as you need. Hang tough.

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: