quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The truth like it or not!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deb

Quit Date:
February 5, 2010

PostPosted: October 8, 2005 7:43 AM    Post subject: The truth like it or not! Reply with quote

When I come to the boards, 99.9% of the time I feel better, and the words of encouragement are truly appreciated but, I do not think that it is ok for someone to make others feel like SH--! Mad Mad I know that hearing the truth is important and may hurt but, it could be done in a more sensative way. I don't believe anyone is the superior here. We are all going through a difficult time and for some it may be a lot harder to do.

Quitting smoking is a difficult and an emotional rollercoaster so, I think, we should all respect this and try and not to be so cold. For those of you who don't know what the hell I'm talking about, I am sorry and I certainly am not posting this to start problems. I am truly upset, and needed to get this off my chest after posting in this section yesterday. I thought RANT meant RANT!

I come here to find strength, not to become upset and disgusted. This is why I stopped posting over at FFS because, it seemed everyone was bickering and insulting one another rather than helping. This is not a contest but a difficult task that we are all trying to achieve. Some people are more sensative than others, and react differently. I believe this should be ok. For those of you who are strong and don't have moments where you feel like you could explode well, God bless you and I truly admire you but, nobody should be criticized.

Again, I want to thank those who have helped and encouraged me as it is so important and truly appreciated.

Deb

Perhaps this could of been solved in a PM but, it's not the first time I've seen this occur.
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: October 8, 2005 7:56 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Ms. Deb, may I apologize to you if anyone here hurt your feelings or upset you in any way. The advice here is almost always offered with love and care and concern and understanding. Some of our styles are more abrupt than others. Some are better spellers, or better with putting words together. I often struggle with the written word. I can talk a blue streak (you can ask Margaret about this, she's met me) but sometimes have trouble finding the words that express what I am trying to say. I stand in awe of those who write well (Kevin comes to mind!) Quitting wreaks havoc with our emotions, our thoughts, our feelings, the very fiber of our beings. In the early days of my Quit I jumped all over a lady because a convention in town was taking up all the parking downtown. I understand the anger. I experienced it as well. As my body healed the anger became less intense and I found ways to deal with it other than medicating it with nicotine Take a deep breath, my fellow Quitter, know that it will get better and do consider youself hugged.

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: October 8, 2005 8:18 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonya I believe it was me and I apologized on the appropriate thread. I feel terrible I was trying to cheer Deb up. Once again sorry Deb.

I'm a NON-SMOKER thanks to everyone here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: