quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Not up to Par
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: October 13, 2005 9:41 PM    Post subject: Not up to Par Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

I have been reading the posts I can trying to keep up. I have just not been up to par lately.....this last surgery seems to have taken more out of me than I thought and the next one could require a longer healing time. I have been trying to figure out if it is the weather change, the surgery, the blues or WHAT NOW? I don't seem to have any craves but sometimes think that maybe it would clear up the fog I am in. Oh, of course I know it would not but still in passes through my mind. Just wanted my cyber family to know what was going on with me and not to worry.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: October 13, 2005 10:27 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear you are under the weather, Ms. Kay. I'm not sure that you alleviated my worry though. . .take care of yourself and I hope you are feeling better soon. I'm sending hugs and positive thoughts your way! Cool

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: October 13, 2005 11:35 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay - remember to be good to yourself...and take the time you need to heal....you'll be back when you are ready....we'll be here!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 14, 2005 12:51 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay, well obviously I am in a fog, too! Rolling Eyes I just composed what I thought was a message of help and healing...then lost it all!! Rolling Eyes

Surgery can take a while to heal, as you know. But I would go to the doc and get my blood checked just to be sure it is nothing else.

ANd NO NO NO, smoking will not chase away the fog. I experimented with that (my fog is from the Fibromyalgia) before I finally quit for good, and it did nothing at all, and made it worse plus I had the heebe jeebies besides! Shocked

We are at that point in out quit where we have been quit long enough to wonder if we remember the bad stuff acurately, and we doubt ourselves sometimes....I was standing in the drugstore, just staring at the packs of cigs behind the counter, like a woman in a trance Shocked , and wondering..and wondering...THis is VERY BAD thinking. Exclamation I'm getting my Good-bye letter to the demon out and re-reading it, because I really stomped him in it. We will not smoke, but we need to give out thoughts another direction! Very Happy

Take care of yourself, and don't push. If you are like me, I always push too soon after surgery (I know I'm not Wonderwoman, but I think I secretly don't believe it Laughing Laughing ) Take some down time, laze about, sleep, and hey, if you can get someone to wait on you, that's even better. Wink

ANd don't worry about here. Just come back when you feel like it. We'll be here.

Love and hugs,

Margaret
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 14, 2005 12:59 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

get well soon, kay! Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 14, 2005 1:26 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay,

Get better soon! Wink

And the fog will pass, just like those fleeting thoughts. Wink Stay strong and stay in good spirits as much as possible!! Miss you!!

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
mtwilsonranch

Quit Date:
January 20, 2006

PostPosted: October 14, 2005 11:02 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

......Rest Kay, for rest is nourishment and is what we need to heal......................... we will be here for you .....

Sending you positive thoughts.

Pam

Right Now, this minute, this hour, this day, I choose not to feed my addiction....
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: October 14, 2005 4:16 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry you're still not up to par, Kay. Perhaps a call (or a trip) to the doctor is in order. You may be anemic or something like that.

Whatever, you know -- yes you do -- that smoking isn't going to make you feel better. It would only compound problems.

Please stay close to the boards. We miss you when you aren't around. Crying or Very sad

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
iwantosing

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 14, 2005 7:34 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

my prayers for you Kay, to feel well again. relax, learn something new, watch a dozen movies. take GOOD care of yourself. peg

My name is Peg, I decided I wanted to sing to the Lord, run with my son, laugh and learn to whistle, the cigs had to go!! Quit Date 3/28/05
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: October 14, 2005 8:22 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry you're not feeling well, Kay. Get well soon!!

Smile

Essie
4/14/04
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: October 15, 2005 8:44 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pray you get to feeling better. The fall blues maybe?

What ever is going on do not give in to the demon...he likes us to think the fog will clear if we smoke again. Just an addicts thinking.

My prayers are with you.

Sandyz
been free for 723 days!
Shocked

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: October 15, 2005 10:52 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sincere thanks to all of you, I think it must be a combination of things. I had taken back over all the housework so I maybe just plain worn out. Example of yesterday: Hubby wanted to go to B'ham to check on his mother and take her to lunch...fine no problem, I just doubled up Thursday to get everything done so we could go and enjoy the day....daughter calls Thurs morning saying she had an eye appt Friday morning at 9:30 and could I keep grandson for about 30 min....(Lord, I wouldn't take him with me either). Ok, still no problem we would just leave when she got back but then she says she will come right after dropping off the granddaughter to preschool...soooooooo we cooked pancakes on the grill and had breakfast...problem? I was stressed instead of relaxed for the morning I had off.. ...This is constant,,,,this is my life and no matter how hard I try to change it, things remain the same. At 55, it should be ok for the kids to come early and have a fun breakfast without it causing me anxiety right? I know I should probably downsize but we ALL love the farm!
Kay

swaneem

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 15, 2005 11:59 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay,

From what you've said it sounds like you're just plain-old tired and need some "you" time.

Come on down and luxuriate at one of the fabulous spas here! Very Happy

Donna

Just when the caterpillar thought his world was
coming to an end..........God made him a
BUTTERFLY.
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 15, 2005 1:03 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Kay

My parents bought a farm when I had just graduated from college (well, ranch, really, as my father started raising beef cattle when he retired--some retirement!)...and we ALL loved it, too!! NO one ever thought a thing of dropping in at any time for any length of time...their kids (my brother and me), uncles and aunts, cousins, and even just their friends! My mother never said a word, but I now see that this must have caused too much work for her....and probably stress, too!

Now my aunt runs a different kind of set-up...but it would incolve, I guess, changing a person's total way of doing things....and that's not easy to do. She does not live on a farm, but has a lot of kids, grandkids, and friends (and various other relatives...me! Rolling Eyes ) who visit a lot! She long ago trained everyone to look after themselves. EVeryone knows where everything is, and we just help ourselves. For example, the fresh towels are always under the sink of that particular bathroom, along with cleaning stuff....we pick up and clean up after ourselves....drop our used bedsheets off in the laundry room whe we leave....and the fridge is always full. We just get something out and cook it......Personally, I love this system, but I'm not sure I could do it myself....I'm always puttering about after people who stay here and fussing over their comfort! Rolling Eyes BTW: As this does not happen too often, I don't have much stress from it. Very Happy

Sounds like you love your LIfe, but just need to rest. Maybe you could think about this for a while, and find a way (not my aunt's Rolling Eyes as she is unusual in her talent for managing people....!) to set aside some Person time for You, that can not be taken up by anything else.

Anyway, hope you are back to par soon. Like I said, surgery can take more than we think, so maybe you hit "full-speed ahead" a lttle too early?

Hugs,

Margaret
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: October 15, 2005 2:28 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have taken a down time day! I found out last night my granddaughter was taken to Med-Surg (24 hr clinic) by her father and has strep throat! Guess who made the pancake mix and stayed up under my feet all morning yesterday...

My daughter wanted me to come out and make the curtains for my grandson's room but I said not today....there was silence for a minute and then well ok....sounds like shock Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Kay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: