quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SICK TO DEATH
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: October 15, 2005 12:27 AM    Post subject: SICK TO DEATH Reply with quote

I AM SICK TO DEATH OF THIS HEAT. IF I DON'T GET FALL I'M GOING TO SCREAM. I WANT TO WEAR A SWEATSHIRT. I WANT TO WEAR PANTS. I WANT TO WEAR BOOTS. I WANT TO PUT MY SANDALS AWAY. I WANT TO STOP PAYING COM ED BECAUSE MY AIR CONDITIONING BILL IS TOO HIGH. I WANT THE DAMN YELLOW JACKETS TO DIE. I WANT THE LEAVES TO TURN COLORS. I WANT HOT SOUP. I WANT FROST ON MY PUMPKINS. I WANT TO PUT MY SUMMER CLOTHES AWAY BECAUSE THEY LOOK RAGGED. I WANT THE DAMN SPIDERS TO DIE. I AM DONE. I LOVE SUMMER - BUT IT'S OVER - DONE. I LIVE IN ILLINOIS BECAUSE I WOULD BLOW MY BRAINS OUT WITHOUT MY SEASONS. I NEED TO MOVE NORTH. DID I MENTION.....I WANT FALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KERRY
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: October 15, 2005 12:37 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry - hang on!! Fall is coming....it always does....I had to pull the fan out of my window and close it this evening...was getting goosebumps in my living room... With the full moon, if the skys are clear - we'll have a frost soon... bet you'll have snow in November!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: October 15, 2005 12:46 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh God I hope so. Lots of snow. Tons and tons of snow. So much snow that we can't go to school. So much snow that we'll wonder if there ever was such a thing as summer. I can't wait. Need to move north. Maybe when I retire. Most women want jewelry as a gift - I want snow shoes.
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 15, 2005 2:12 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry, well, I am here with you, and although I'm not as crazy about Winter as you (and I'm especially not crazy about Fall,... or Spring either, for that mattter.....bad allergy seasons), something is definitely not right about the Fall Season this year. It's positively weird. The leaves should have changed by now...or at least be changing...and instead, they seem to wither and dry up (even though we have had rain) and turn a pukey brownish green and fall off. I am getting worried about the trees....not to scare you, I hope!

I will join you in your Rant this far....that I want this weird air to stop! I want normal air....what is with the air, anyway, it's not really the cool breezes of Fall, not the heat of summer...it's just some mold-laden, dirty soup! I want normal trees....the ones with blazing reds, and golds, and enchanting Fall colors.

I don't know about the AC, I'm not using mine anyway, but I am sweating a bit from keeping it off. I see a motley collection of clothing on people outside .....everything from shorts and sandals to boots and jackets....nobody seems to know what to put on (and some are wearing sandals with a sweater, and boots with a tank top! Rolling Eyes ).

Myself, I like to skip Fall. As soon as the ground freezes, and may that puleeze be soon!, my allergies will get beter, the Fibro (which I know you have too) will get LOTS better, and we will also be able to breathe right.

It's too bad we can't take off and go skiing in Colorado. (And we could invite Kevin. Wink ) I'm pretty sure there is a lot of snow there now. Maybe Mary is right, and our snow is on the way! Very Happy Hang in there!

Margaret
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: October 15, 2005 9:22 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry, I'm going to add a few of my "wants."

I WANT TO BE ABLE TO OPEN THE WINDOWS AND FEEL THE COOL BRISK AIR FLOWING THROUGH THE HOUSE.

I WANT TO WALK OUTDOORS AND ENCOUNTER A COB WEB IN THE AIR.

I WANT TO WATCH THE SQUIRRELS GATHERING NUTS AND ACORNS TO STORE FOR WINTER.

I WANT TO SEE VAPOR COME FROM MY MOUTH WHEN I BREATHE THE NICE, COOL OUTDOOR AIR.

Like you, Kerry, I've had it with summer. It's been far too long this year.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: October 15, 2005 9:32 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok...so I may be the loner. Sad

Ice on the mountain. Hum??? No I love this weather. Fall will come, then winter darn it!! It always does.

Sorry I love this time of year even with it in the high 70s and this week the 80's.

Sandyz

been free for 723 days!

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
mtwilsonranch

Quit Date:
January 20, 2006

PostPosted: October 15, 2005 9:57 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh how I wish I could be where the seasons change...... Crying or Very sad

Here in Vegas, the desert does not change, gets a little cooler, but no change of colors Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I miss the ranch, the colors, the 3 ft of snow, we were in for the winter...

So I am too in the 80's and like you Kerry I wish for the change of seasons, but it won't happen here Wink Very Happy

Pam

Right Now, this minute, this hour, this day, I choose not to feed my addiction....
swaneem

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 15, 2005 11:48 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw on the Net the other day that the Midwest is going to have a warmer winter.....whatever that means? Rolling Eyes It seems likely after what Margaret said is happening with the Fall out there.

It's quite funny.....I left Wisconsin to get away from the nasty winters (I always called that place "Siberia II") and since I left the winter has been milder there....go figure! Rolling Eyes

Donna

Just when the caterpillar thought his world was
coming to an end..........God made him a
BUTTERFLY.
LadyHouck

Quit Date:
January 4, 2004

PostPosted: October 15, 2005 12:10 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I am in the minority here. I think fall if okay, but winter and snow...well.....If I never (and I MEAN NEVER) saw another snow flake again I would be thrilled beyond words. I hate to be cold, I hate having to drive on ice and I hate having to wear big, heavy, bulky coats. I am a summer person through and through. I am hoping and praying that the winter here is mild and that when it does snow, it will do it on the days that I don't have to go anywhere and all melt by the time I have to get out. Last year I lucked out and that is how it was. Two feet of snow doesn't last more than a few days here in the Panhandle of Texas. Praise the Lord! Razz

Tonya
3+ years!

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.

Erma Bombeck
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: October 15, 2005 2:35 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no Donna I just got depressed!!! I wait all year for my precious cool air. And you left Wisconsin????? I LOVE Wisconsin even though I'm a Chicagoan through and through Very Happy it's my favorite place to take weekend jaunts. A friend of our family just retired to the North Woods up there. I can't imagine anything more cool. (no pun intended)

This past summer was one of the best summers of my life and I was a little bummed when it ended but I guess that I am one of the few who see the beauty of winter. There's nothing like going for a walk in winter when it's just starting to get dark. It's so peaceful and the trees are just as beautiful bare as they are full. It is an awesome opportunity for reflection because since there is usually no one around, there are no distractions. Years ago on a bitter cold January morning, a friend of mine took a drive down to Lake Michigan. He parked at the beach and went for a walk. It was about 6 a.m. No one was around and the lake was covered with ice and the city was totally silent. He said at that moment he never felt closer to God. Here he was, in Chicago, looking at the world's most beautiful skyline, with an ice capped lake and nothing but complete silence. It's not often that we get that kind of silence but it's amazing the things that we discover when we do. Kerry
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: October 15, 2005 5:05 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing thanks for the laugh Kerry, are you by any chance hormonin' too? Laughing Laughing You expressed my feelings exactly and I think I will feel alot better when this damn humidity goes away and I can walk to the barn without breaking into a sweat....heck a city folk may want to stable me instead of the horse... Wink
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
swaneem

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 15, 2005 6:53 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

KAY.....I didn't know you get snow in Alabama!!!! Confused

KERRY......I love Wisconsin too.....just not the snow. I was in outside sales all those years so had to drive in that crap. It's gorgeous if you're just standing and LOOKING at it! Very Happy I do miss being close to Chicago....love that city too and spent a ton of time there.

Donna

Just when the caterpillar thought his world was
coming to an end..........God made him a
BUTTERFLY.
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: October 15, 2005 9:52 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

No snow to speak of in Bama, maybe a dusting would be more like it...but the cold would be nice to stop the night sweats and hot flashes Laughing Laughing
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
justdebbie

Quit Date:
August 1, 2004

PostPosted: October 15, 2005 10:02 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a Midwestern.. and I'm loving this heat wave. I love fall, the cooler nights, the trees changing.. now if only Spring could follow fall, it would be perfect. I vote for mid 70's until march then let it warm up again..
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: October 16, 2005 7:10 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting nothing but rain, rain, rain, and more rain and in the 60's.

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: