quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need Some Well-wishing for SandyZ (Fightn4Life)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zuzu

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 4, 2005 2:42 PM    Post subject: Need Some Well-wishing for SandyZ (Fightn4Life) Reply with quote

I'm going to take a risk and assume that Sandy wouldn't mind if I shared this news with you... The fabulous Ms. Z/Fightn4Life was in a terrible car accident yesterday.. from what I gather she lost control of her Chevy Blazer, it rolled and she was trapped.. the jaws of life to release her and emergency airlift to a hospital reveals that despite being pinned for quite some time and forced into a few new yoga poses - by the grace of some infinite compassion she has no broken bones but it sounds like many bruises, much pain and stiffness and I'm certain is quite, quite shaken.

For those inclined, please send her your thoughts, well-wishing and missives of greeting... and.. well... she could probably use some cheesecake or something if you can't think of nice things to say!

I think I've said this before.. she's such a wellspring of support for so many of us and really doesn't bring her troubles here - but here's one of them times where our words might help her heal.

(We all love you, Sandy!)

-Zuzu
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: November 4, 2005 3:15 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's terrible Zuzu but thanks for keeping us posted. I will definitely send wishes her way!
Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: November 4, 2005 4:40 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear God Sandy you have my prayers. Take care heal fast.

I'm a NON-SMOKER thanks to everyone here
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: November 4, 2005 5:13 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry to hear of your accident, Sandy (thanks, Zuzu for letting us know). You must really have had an angel on your shoulder to escape with no broken bones. Thank God you're on the mend. Bruises hurt like the devil but will heal. Now for the trauma -- WOW, I can only imagine how shaken you must be.

Just know you're in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there, gal.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: November 4, 2005 6:14 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Zuzu, for sending more healing thoughts my way. Yesterday morning is such a blur; I lost control of my Blazer on my way to work and ended up being the only thing that survived the accident.

When I see all the stuff that was in my Blazer picked up out of the mud ripped, torn, and crushed, I know I had an angel with me.

My Blazer is a total loss; it took them (first responders) 45 min using the Jaws of Life to get me free.

They life-flighted me by helicopter to a hospital in another town that is accustom to dealing with trauma. I was unconscious most of the time; I have only bits of memory being trapped in the Blazer. They say my seat belt saved my life, if you do not wear one I beg you to buckle up.

You should see my steel thermos, safety glasses, CD'S, even the armrest from the Blazer. All thrown out and crushed when the Blazer rolled over them.

All the windows blew out during the roll except the one on the driver's door that I ended up pinned up against. I thank God that window held as my arm was behind my head and not under the Blazer crushed.

Here is a bit of humor; I had my work shirt and a hooded jacket on, they cut the sleeves off the jacket to start IV's while I was in the Blazer. After all that, my writing pen was still in the pocket of my work shirt. I could not stop laughing/crying in the ER. I kept thinking how weird I still have a pen. They said I was in shock, but darn it I knew my pen when I saw it.

I am doing fine, banged up, covered with bruises, and the left side of my head and ear is black. I'll heal, (and get some time off work) I am so very grateful I survived this and will not be a burden. It makes think about living each day as if it were our last.

I walked out side this morning and was so overwhelmed I was in tears I still cannot believe it.

Monday my dad is taking me to town to sign my car over to the insurance company, the guy I talked to on the phone that has the Blazer at his wreak yard could not believe the person talking to him was the one in the Blazer. I will take pictures and post them….so far I haven't seen it from the out-side, I only saw fragments yesterday as I was in and out.

I have to add that at the trauma unit the Dr told me when they hear of a flight coming in that involves a roll over, they expect the worst and prepare themselves. He told me that for a long time they will talk about this miracle…he said "it was a good day, everyone would go home smiling."

Me too…

Thank you all so much for being you, for being here for me. So many prayers coming your way from this part of the world,

I love you too,
Sandyz

Musical Note

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous

Last edited by Fightn4life on November 4, 2005 6:20 PM; edited 1 time in total
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: November 4, 2005 6:17 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Yeah...Please do not forget the cheesecake. Smile

Sandyz
2 years free from smoking...thank God. Smile

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: November 4, 2005 6:18 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy you are indeed a great soul.
iwantosing

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 4, 2005 7:55 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy I was so glad to hear you are ok. Yes, events such as you have just lived thru tend to be life changing (that is if you have a brain). The absolute understanding as to the fragility of life, and also that you were spared for a purpose. I will bet there is NO way smoking will ever tempt you again. Take care. Peg

My name is Peg, I decided I wanted to sing to the Lord, run with my son, laugh and learn to whistle, the cigs had to go!! Quit Date 3/28/05
jahunta

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 4, 2005 7:58 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!! I'm so glad you're still amongst us!! Keep getting better and stay strong!!

Juanita

Quitting is Living!!!
QD: 2/15/04
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 4, 2005 8:18 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad to hear you're ok, sandy - what an ordeal! you really do have a guardian angel watching over you, don't you? i wonder if the vanilla bean bakery can airlift a cheescake? hmm... Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
jlynn931

Quit Date:
September 22, 2016

PostPosted: November 4, 2005 8:30 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandy,
glad to hear you're ok! that must have been quite an ordeal!
jenny
mtwilsonranch

Quit Date:
January 20, 2006

PostPosted: November 4, 2005 8:59 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandyz,

I am so very pleased to hear that you are o.k.........You will be sore for awhile, but your spirit will also soar....these stop signs along this journey of life, sometimes are a gift......

My prayers for your speedy healing and some cheese cake Wink Very Happy

Pam

Right Now, this minute, this hour, this day, I choose not to feed my addiction....
swaneem

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 4, 2005 9:41 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW Sandy....you truly have some incredible angels with you! It sounds as if you're doing well after such a terrifying incident.

I too had a horrible accident this year that left me in two hospitals and disabled for 8 months. For me, as well, was the realization at how fast my world had changed...within seconds.... and that we need to live every single minute because we don't know what will happen the next.

I'm glad you're ok.

Donna

Just when the caterpillar thought his world was
coming to an end..........God made him a
BUTTERFLY.
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: November 5, 2005 12:00 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy...wow...I'm so glad you were wearing a seat belt....I believe in miracles! Sending healing prayers to you....

I was going to suggest a fat-free cheesecake....but what the heck - you need the real thing to speed your healing - get well wishes to you!

I think you deserve some extreme pampering

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 5, 2005 1:44 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH Sandy, thank God you are alright! I think my own heart is slowing down down as I read your reply. Wow! What an ordeal, and how very lucky you are, and what terrific angels you have to guard you! I hope your bruises heal quickly. I know you must still be feeling battered and might for some time, but you will heal. Blessed be!

And.....HERE IS THE CHEESECAKE! Very Happy

this one is raspberry....sorry it is only cyber...

Margaret
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: