quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

horrible crave nearing 3 weeks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlynn931

Quit Date:
September 22, 2016

PostPosted: November 7, 2005 11:32 PM    Post subject: horrible crave nearing 3 weeks Reply with quote

i had the worst craves so far this time around today. i didn't think it was ever going to end. must be those terrible threes i've heard about! they came out of nowhere, not a particularly stressful day, nothing bothering me today that doesn't bother me everyday. they moved us to a new floor over the weekend at work, so i could see a little nervousness/stress to deal with in the morning, but computer and everything worked fine when i got there so that doesn't explain the craves i got this afternoon. i made it through with lots of deep breaths and halloween leftovers from a coworkers desk Shocked
anyway, hoping tomorrow will be better.i'm not sure how many days of this i can take in a row!
jenny
swaneem

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 7, 2005 11:41 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jenny,

You already know that the craves will only last a few minutes...just don't smoke. Each time you make the choice not to smoke....these urges continue to lessen and don't hold the power over you like they initially did. This is not easy in the beginning....you need to hold your ground...you're fighting a powerful addicition. Can you win....absolutely....you're in control here.....just commit to it and believe you can do this.

Donna

Just when the caterpillar thought his world was
coming to an end..........God made him a
BUTTERFLY.
mtwilsonranch

Quit Date:
January 20, 2006

PostPosted: November 8, 2005 12:07 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those terrible 3's..........

Donna is right, each time you choose not to feed the beast you get stronger.....

Sometimes we fixate on the cigarette and the thought gets bigger and bigger......You are now a non smoker, keep telling yourself as you take deep breaths, slowly count 5 in and slowly count 5 out. Repeat this 5 times, it will relax you and will help to clear your mind..at least it worked for me.....and it sounds like it got you through the day.. Very Happy

Please know that this will pass, stay strong and try reading Kevin's KEEP GOING from the Tales....when times got rough, i found that reading this helped me through.........

You have chosen not to feed the beast, you have chosen not to fill your lungs with poison, you have chosen life, so jump, do the HAPPY DANCE,
go for a walk, take a nice bubble bath, sing, or stomp on ants....

You are worth freedom from this poison, believe it,.........

Pam

Right Now, this minute, this hour, this day, I choose not to feed my addiction....
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 8, 2005 1:50 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

you only have to deal with this moment, jenny - try not to worry about what the future may or may not hold; just keep choosing life in this moment and let tomorrow take care of itself. Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
jlynn931

Quit Date:
September 22, 2016

PostPosted: November 8, 2005 8:47 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the encouragement.

donna.. i know they are only a few minutes although sometimes i need reminding. yesterday i swear it felt like hours.

pam... the deep breaths help. people at work might think i've lost my mind if i jump, do a happy dance, sing, or stomp ants, so i'll stick to walks, deep breaths, and maybe a bubble bath when i get home Laughing
also, i've been trying to read the tales as i go along. that ones a few months ahead, but i'll skip ahead to it.

kevin... thanks for the reminder...each moment, minute, and hour i will deal with as it comes!

i choose not to smoke today, for the 20th day in a row. i will deal with tomorrow when it comes!

jenny
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 8, 2005 1:21 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jenny,

I am glad today is better. We are all pulling for you and I certainly am proud of your hard work.

BTW, did you find some jeans? I have to purchase at Talbot's/Ann Taylor Petites or find cropped regular size. But, I like being short! Cool

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
jlynn931

Quit Date:
September 22, 2016

PostPosted: November 8, 2005 1:38 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

found a pair at Macy's that weren't too bad. they're a little long, but they work with heels!
jenny
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: