quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Work Rant

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Garrocha

Quit Date:
October 7, 2005

PostPosted: November 15, 2005 4:39 PM    Post subject: Work Rant Reply with quote

I have one coworker that I am really having a problem "getting along with". He is a scatter brain with a fraction of the experience needed to perform his duties yet he constantly takes on the role of "boss" instructing people to take on his tasks so he looks good. When he does the task himself he screws it up. He is the poster child for 'brown-noser' always saying "yes boss" when addressed by our mutual supervisor/VP. He says "Sir, yes sir" to him all the time too. He has basically crawled up my supervisors butt. I am trying to keep my head and play the game but some days its really difficult to keep my cool.
Deep breathes. Deep breathes. Calm.
The other coworker sits next to me and his work ethic is in the right place but OMG he can make a sh&t popsicle sound delicious. Chomp chomp, chomp...lip smack, lip smack, lip smack, all day long. Sucking the food out of his teeth all day long. Was this guy born in a barn with the pork or what???
HTBC would be nice but I am looking for advice on how to deal with this. I am loosing my fricken mind here. No, I am not even considering smoking. I am considering calling The Terminator out here from Cal-e-for-nya to pulverize these guys.
Whew....breathe, breathe, breathe.....

I am seriously trying to find on-line advice on different coworker personalities to see if there is a way to deal with this AND keep my job. I am rather new at dealing with these problems because, well, I always went out and had a smoke to deal with them.
Greg (going crazy) Question
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 15, 2005 7:09 PM    Post subject: Re: Work Rant Reply with quote

Garrocha wrote:
I am rather new at dealing with these problems because, well, I always went out and had a smoke to deal with them.

I used smoking to mask my emotions, having smoked for so much of my life.

But, I also made a lot of changes after quiting. I will say, (big internet disclaimer: I am not a professional, just play one on-line!!! Rolling Eyes Wink ) that if in about 6 months you still hate these folks you are in the wrong career or at least with the wrong company. If you really like your bosses, but hate your co-workers, you haven't advanced enough and may get to the position you were meant to be.

I guess I just believe that if you are in a group and most of the folks get on your nerves there is a big problem. And, it is usually you are in the wrong place. (Nothing wrong with you, nothing wrong with the group, just the wrong place! Shocked )

I'll send you my internet therapy bill soon! lol!!!! Cool

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
Garrocha

Quit Date:
October 7, 2005

PostPosted: November 15, 2005 7:40 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy OK

Your right. things have changed alot here and something will give eventually.

Wink

However hard the climb may prove to be, I am going over that mountain and I AM going to reach my goal.

QD: 10/07/05
www.ccbutt.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: