quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I'm a foodalholic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: November 18, 2005 2:14 AM    Post subject: I'm a foodalholic Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Hi all,

I can see my eating picking up now that the weather has turned cold. Could it be I just need to go through the seasons to be able to feel comfortable enough before not eating so much all the time? If so I won't have long to go because I'm amost there. I feel restless too. I don't think of smoking hardly at all, but it seems I've replaced it with food for the time being. At least I hope it's for the time being. Question

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 18, 2005 4:11 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi Barbara,

I wish I knew but I don't really know. I do know that in my case, the problem is sugar. I am just craving the stuff still!! And you are right, the cold weather seems to be making it worse. I was eating ice cream before, but it is too cold for that, and I have no candy here! Smile So I guess I will raid the honey jar! Getting to be worse than a bear! Laughing Maybe I am part bear, since I like to hiberate, too! Laughing

If it is any help, most things were over for me at about a year into the Quit, but the candy thing has hung on!! Got to get some willpower going, I guess. Rolling Eyes

Margaret
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: November 18, 2005 12:11 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thank you Margaret,

I think after I go through a year of my quit I will try that.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
jahunta

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 18, 2005 1:00 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Barbara,

If you're truly concerned with your eating habits, you need to do the same thing for food that you did with smoking. Cravings for food are no less different than cravings for nicotine. Make a list of things to do before you decide to pick at something (Go for a walk, clean a part of your house, etc.). Something that gets you moving physically and takes your mind away from the food aspect of things. Same thing will happen. Your cravings will be gone before you know it. Don't get caught up in food! I did that, and I'm totally paying for it now. I go to the gym whether I want to or not. But that's what I gotta do!! Just get up and get moving! You'll thank yourself.

Juanita

Quitting is Living!!!
QD: 2/15/04
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 19, 2005 10:54 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barb,

What Nita said is good advice.

I think smokers are just addictive type people. And too often we just trade addictions (like smoking for food) instead of getting rid of "addiction" itself.

It's not just food, it can be any number of things one is addicted to. So, like Nita said, use the same principles with quitting with the food.

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: November 19, 2005 10:52 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara - I can relate to the "eat everything" feeling...It has taken me considerable effort to stick with my eating plan. Its been much more difficult recently. I feel like I'm getting ready to hybernate....and have to build up some reserves for the cold weather. I'm holding it together on the eating front - but I'm having to work much harder at it. And I have to make sure I don't slack up on my exercise....in fact I'm trying to do just a bit more....I'm still losing - but really slowing down - only 1 or 2 pounds instead of five or six lbs per week. I had a couple of weeks of staying the same...You'll tackle weight when its your time...

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: November 27, 2005 10:51 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thank you Nita, Deb, and Mary.

I am thinking my time may be right on my 1 year anniversary.

Blessings,

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: