quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Getting better every day

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: November 22, 2005 11:56 AM    Post subject: Getting better every day Reply with quote

Hi everyone. Smile

I am still having the headaches but the Dr. is very pleased with my progress. He said I am being too hard on myself being impatient about wanting to go on with life and put this behind me. I am still unable to work or drive; it is the fog I go to at times that is keeping me from going about "normal" activities. He said it takes time for the brain to go through the healing process. When a light is shinned in my eyes my reaction time of the pupils are not quick enough yet, so I still am sensitive to light, loud noises, and at times become agitated. All normal healing the Dr. said.

My Dr. told me if my work would agree to let me come back on a part time basis working no longer than 6 hours a day he might be able to release me sooner. Not until a week from this Thursday at the very earliest and only if improvement continues. He has me working on word find puzzles; I got such a headache trying to locate the words I gave it to hubby to do. I'll work on it again today.

I stopped by work and they were very nice, they told me they have no part time hours but would make an exception for when ever the Dr gives 100% assurance I can work a 6 hour shift without danger to myself. (I work 12-hours a day...well I did)

Jeff, personnel manager, said for a while they will keep me off the machines and find some thing safer for me to do until I am at 100% for full time work. He said I could concentrate on the safety committee and Move Smart program that would be more deskwork than manual labor. I am so blessed to have been transferred to dayshift and them willing to work with me when the time comes for me to return to work.

My Dr. He has set up another round of PT saying it is necessary for the healing of my neck and spine. The pain I experience after PT has more to do with the drive back and forth than the therapy. As they say, "no pain no gain." (I had "failed" to make a new appointment, just because I didn't want to go, thinking I could heal myself.)

I am relieved I am progressing better than the Dr expected; I always have been quick to heal. He told me to concentrate on the word find puzzles and stop dwelling on trying miraculously healing, time it will take time.

I felt I should up-date before Zuzu needed to remind me. Smile It is these blasted headaches that keep me from spending time with all of you. My thoughts are with every one. I do try to stop by and keep up with every one.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanks Giving. I have much to feel blessed for.

Sandyz

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 22, 2005 12:12 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad to hear your doing well, sandy - and that's great about your employer being willing to work with you during your recovery. keep finding those words! Very Happy

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
jlynn931

Quit Date:
September 22, 2016

PostPosted: November 22, 2005 12:20 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandyz,
glad to hear you are doing so well and recovering quickly. remember dr. usually knows best and keep at those word finds. it is awesome that you have such a great employer!
have a wonderful thanksgiving!
jenny
iwantosing

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 22, 2005 4:48 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy, it is great to hear from you. It sounds like it is very difficult for you to be sick or not putting out at 100%. I am familiar with the feeling. Please try to relax and take care of yourself. Don't be so pushy with yourself....you would not be with someone that you loved. Probally would get angry with them because they would not take it easy. You could cause permanent damage if you don't listen to the doctor or try to heal yourself. Nothing is more important than you returning to complete health...and if that means you are bored for a few more weeks thats ok Very Happy pleassssssssssssssse.....relax Very Happy Very Happy peg

My name is Peg, I decided I wanted to sing to the Lord, run with my son, laugh and learn to whistle, the cigs had to go!! Quit Date 3/28/05
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: November 22, 2005 7:24 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy it is always a pleasure to see you posting!
So happy to hear you are on the mend. Listen to the Doctor now and keep doing those word puzzles.

You have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

God Bless!

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: November 22, 2005 9:50 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandyz, Good to hear from you. Take care and rest rest rest. That body has to heal. Happy Thanksgiving.

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: November 24, 2005 8:44 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you everyone for all your wonderful warm thoughts and prayers. I am doing so much better, even managed to put a Thanksgiving dinner on the table for hubby and I. (Ok, so I cheated a bit and bought a dinner that was already cooked.) I did have to heat it up.

I am feeling blessed today and thinking of everyone struggling with quits or reaching out to others beginning their journeys. I hope everyone has a wonderful day-night.

Sandyz

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 25, 2005 7:33 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear that you are progressing rapidly, Sandy! Very Happy This was such a traumtic experience Shocked that I'm sure it must take time. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving, and look forward to hearing even more progression in your recovery! Keep letting us know! And think for that beautiful picture Cool and the happy wishes! Very Happy

Margaret
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: November 26, 2005 11:00 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

Essie
4/14/04
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: November 27, 2005 8:39 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you're progressing -- that's a good thing. Isn't the human body magnificent? You've been through quite a trauma and, little by little, are regaining your health. Of course, it takes determination too.

Keep working with the therapy and keep us posted. You're special and deserve only the best.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: