quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Name, Concerns, and Reason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: November 28, 2005 2:17 AM    Post subject: Name, Concerns, and Reason Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi All,

I am taking Nita's advice and following the FFS modules to try to lose weight. I just now read the first lesson in module one where it says to state name, concerns, and reason.

My name is Barbara as you know, my concerns are many, and my reason is for health. My concerns about going on a diet is that if I do not have food to fall back on, like chocolate or other junk food, that I may end up smoking in a stressful time instead of eating. To get ahead of myself, that would also be a back door I'll need to close. I am concerned about failure in losing weight. Wow, does this sound familar. I am sounding just like someone who is starting out quitting for the first time.

Next lesson will be tomorow night hopefully.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: November 28, 2005 7:32 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara....Way to go!! Congrats on your decision to take control and make healthier choices! I think Nita is pretty smart suggesting applying the FFS concepts to improving diet. I've found many parallels in my quest to improve my health by losing weight...just like quitting smoking - I'm committed to making better choices and I definitely take it one day at a time...its not easy but it is do-able. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 28, 2005 10:23 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara, remember that it's all conditioning. If you eat every time you are stressed, you need to retrain the brain, my dear. Stress does not = eating. Just like stress does not = smoking.

When things get stressful, you need to replace that automatic reach for chocolate or other goodies with something healthful.

Don't let fear rule you. Take control, and you won't have to be afraid of Scowling Demon , because he will never rule you unless you let him.

Remember, the only thing you have to fear is becoming a healthier, slimmer version of you! Go for it.

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
mtwilsonranch

Quit Date:
January 20, 2006

PostPosted: November 28, 2005 1:15 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara,

What a great idea.....

You can do this for you, you already have what it takes Wink

You are so right, I remember the fear when I first decided to quit smoking, but look at us now...see what commitment can do Very Happy

You go Barbara, there's no stopping you now.........................

Pam

Right Now, this minute, this hour, this day, I choose not to feed my addiction....
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 28, 2005 2:46 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
jahunta

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 28, 2005 4:50 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Barbara,

I'm doing some weight loss myself. I've had to relate my eating habits to what it was like to quit smoking. Granted, the risk is much lower, and if you can learn to eat properly, in moderation, your favorite "bad" foods can still be a part of things. Unlike smoking where we can NEVER take another puff. It's all about control and about finding othert hings to do than eat!! It can be done! And I know you can do it!!

Juanita

Quitting is Living!!!
QD: 2/15/04
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: November 29, 2005 11:43 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thank you Mary, Pamela, Pam, Kevin, and Juanita.

I am looking forward to re-conditioning my eating habits. I have to admit though that today when I ate, I thought I'd better enjoy pigging out while I can. That is not a good attitude to have.

I may order a book on better foods to eat than I'm eating now. Any suggestions? I'll need something to educate me on how to tell bad food from good food. Since I've never had any trouble much with weight or health problems until the recent years, I never had a reason to learn about it.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 30, 2005 11:29 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara,

I would go to the American Heart Association and the American Diabetes (sp?) Association sites. They have really great info on food. Also, one time I ran across a couple great article from UC Berkeley on healthy eating.

Have to say, I know a lot of folks think he's wacky doodle, but Richard Simmons really is awesome with his common sense approach to health. And, he has a website. Denise Austin is another good person ~ although I think her website really tries to sell you her plan.

Sending you good thoughts! Cool

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: December 1, 2005 11:25 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thank you Alleghany,

I think the Richard Simons site sounds good. He really does have a good heart I think even though some say he's whacky doodle like you said.

Blessings,

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: