quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

16 days people and seems to be getting worse

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmishoe

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 2, 2005 9:54 AM    Post subject: 16 days people and seems to be getting worse Reply with quote

well today is my 16th day everyone..... and yesterday i went out and bought a carton of my cigerates, because of some very bad trouble at my mothers house which is way to long to go into on here...... but i did not smoke them.... i sent them by a friend to someone i know that has not quit yet.... so i guess i saved them some money huh???..... i wanted one so bad yesterday i could have eaten one i think............... Crying or Very sad

Do I have the only family in this world that is crazy?????
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 2, 2005 10:32 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, cindy; everybody has a family that's crazy. that's part of the charm. Wink

and it's awesome that you pulled up short of diving off the wagon that way; keep up the good work! it really does get easier, as long as you keep choosing life. Very Happy

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 2, 2005 10:48 AM    Post subject: Re: 16 days people and seems to be getting worse Reply with quote

cmishoe wrote:

No and your smoking isn't going to make them any less crazy. Shocked Rolling Eyes

Keep your sanity and your quit no matter what. I'm glad you didn't smoke. Cool

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: December 2, 2005 11:10 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your determination will get you through the tough times. Having cigarettes in your hand and sending them to someone else shows true commitment. You're well on the way to a life of freedom.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: December 2, 2005 5:46 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Cindy,

I'm glad to hear you gave the cigarettes away Cindy. Each time you choose Freedom from smokes, you will get stronger in your quit.

Blessings,
Barbara

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
LadyHouck

Quit Date:
January 4, 2004

PostPosted: December 2, 2005 6:02 PM    Post subject: Re: 16 days people and seems to be getting worse Reply with quote

cmishoe wrote:

Nope, people who have never touched cigarettes have nutty people in their families too. Somehow they manage to deal with them and never think of smoking and you will too before you know it. Just remember that smoking will not lessen the fact that life is full of times when you just want to scream. Just don't smoke. Each new situation is a learning experience and you have to experience everything as a non-smoker that you did as a smoker, without the smokes.

Good job on not smoking. The mental addiction to smoking, for me, was far worse than the physical addiction. You didn't really want to smoke, but that little idea in the back of your mind that it would somehow make a stressful situation less stressful was still there, nagging at you. The truth is, you are going to have bad days and people you want to shoot on occasion, just like everyone else on the planet, whether they be smokers or not. You made the right choice. The next time the trigger won't be so intense, and then finally, one day you will say "Wow, I didn't think about smoking even one time!" That day makes up for all the bad ones.

Tonya
3+ years!

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.

Erma Bombeck
cmishoe

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 2, 2005 6:14 PM    Post subject: Thank you all Reply with quote

you guys are such special people.... thank you for being there for me.... i need that Laughing
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 2, 2005 8:16 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWESOME that you stopped in time!! Way to go!! YOu are really rocking the quit!! Keep it up! My family is crazy, too, maybe they all are. No kidding! Smoking won't do anything to help, however.

YOu might want to read the post I sent to John on this same subject, or if I can I will copy and paste here. Back in a minute.

YOu did good! Very Happy

P.S. Here is the post (I'm not putting it as a quote so the addresses will show):

I had that happen at 3 weeks and 3 months, also, and this article from whyquit.com helped me so much! It's even entitled "You Said It Would Get Better and It's Just as Bad as Ever." It basically says what others have told you, but there are some very good analogies! Hang tuff! It will pass soon.

http://whyquit.com/joel/Joel_04_06_physical_vs_psych.html

P.S. I have a personal favorite over at whyquit.com and I just went over and read it. I've been having fleeting thoughts lately myself, and I always read this article if I do. It occurred to me you might like it, too. It's called "Caring For Your Quit". What I do is figure which of the 3 things I am doing: trying to rewrite the Law of Addiction, coming up with a so-called Perfect Excuse (of course there is no such thing), or dealing with my incorrect Lost Memories. After I figure that out, I can deal with the problem, and all urges go away. Anyway, that is what works for me. Here is the site:

http://whyquit.com/whyquit/A_CaringForYourQuit.html

Margaret
swaneem

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 3, 2005 7:24 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD FOR YOU, CINDY!!!!

This shows your determination. You certainly don't want to lose a quit because of "crazy" people (whether they're in your family or not)....you would ONLY be hurting yourself...NOT WORTH IT!

There will always be stress in our lives but after a while it won't trigger a smoking urge as many of us here including myself have discovered.

Once you make up your mind that you are "quit"....it's over! I'd say you're doing a great job at it.

Donna

Just when the caterpillar thought his world was
coming to an end..........God made him a
BUTTERFLY.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: