quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mental Conflict

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: December 3, 2005 2:02 AM    Post subject: Mental Conflict Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi!

I read the 2nd lesson in Module One at FFS for my weight loss tonight and see why I have been putting off doing it sooner. It's this mental conflict I have of wanting to give up my pigging out on too many wrong things.

Well, it is late and I'm bushed so I'll get back with it in the morning.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 4, 2005 10:56 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara, Years ago when I was much younger, I had to lose about 15 pounds. Dancers had to be thin. I could never do it uhtil I figured out how to handle the "mental conflict" part of pigging out. I did that, too. My thing was sweets. What worked for me was to allow myself 1 sweet thing a day and that's all, no second helpings. Also, I allowed myself to pig out once a week. THat took care of all the other times. I just had to wait for Friday. At the end of 3 weeks, I had completely lost any desire to pig out at all. If you are interested in the diet plan I usd, I will post the whole thing. But....it is very, very slow. It mostly consists of good eating and no seconds.

Margaret
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: December 4, 2005 11:47 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi Magaret,

Thank for offering but I have dial up and it is slow so I'll decline.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 5, 2005 9:38 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I didn't say that right. What I meant was it takes long to lose weight on the diet, not that it was slow to post it. This diet lets you eat almost everything. Maybe I'll just post it somewhere on a different thread when I have time in case it is useful to anyone. THe main thing is a person has to be patient. I never even used a scale....just kept to the program and one day noticed that my clothes were loose. The only unique thing about it was how I broke the sugar addiction, which I already explained.

You should do what works for you, however. We are all different. Cool Smile

Margaret
swaneem

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 5, 2005 11:46 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margaret,

I would be interested in that info!

Donna

Just when the caterpillar thought his world was
coming to an end..........God made him a
BUTTERFLY.
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 6, 2005 12:41 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donna,

I just posted it on this Forum. Title is "Margaret's Diet." I'll be interested in what you think. It has some psychological components to it, which you will recognize.

Margaret
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: