quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I Give Up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: December 23, 2005 3:52 AM    Post subject: I Give Up Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad I do not know why I even try to make anything work with my husband or my older brother or my mother-in-law. I just want all of them to leave me the heck alone even though some are suppose to be close to me.

All this week for the past 5 days my older brother has been emailing me and aggravating the heck out of me. He is complaining about what attributes I say, like always, never, etc., I use in my emails when it has nothing to do with the subject of how him and I can get along better. That is just one aggravating thing he's been doing. He is telling me on one hand that it is good I reckonize the abuse in my marriage, his 1st time to even aknowledge it, but on the other hand sticking up for for my husband's mocking and control. He says on one hand he is fair and tries to see who is right in a given situation but doesn't agree except that one thing I said about recognizing the abuse. He says when my husband says bad things about my relatives cooking to his mom and she laughs about it, that my husband could be doing it to make me feel good about my cooking. That is just one of many examples of idiololy I can't take anymore.

So you see folks, between my husband's constant fits of anger at me all of this week and my brother harrassing me, I've had enough. I will look for a room to rent and forget about both my older brother and husband. I cannot take this constant badgering any longer. No matter what I do doesn't seems to help. Being nice don't help, getting mad doesn't, being assertive doesn't. I just want these fricken poeple out of my life.

Crying and stomping mad,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Backfist

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 23, 2005 8:27 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Barbara! I don't think you've given up at all! I think you're just beginning! Because guess what. You didn't mention smoking ONCE in your rant!

YOU ARE ONE YEAR FREE TODAY! WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT! I know how hard this year has been for you, and you've done it!

Deep down, you do not want to blow your quit. Hang in there. The holidays will be over in just a few days. Do what you need to do to take care of yourself, and really, to hell with the rest of them.

Keep going; you're just about out of the tunnel. Merry Christmas Razz

Best wishes for a WONDERFUL and NEW 2006!

Dekie
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: December 23, 2005 5:24 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thank you Dekie,

Your support means a lot to me. You are right, I did not mention smoking and it wasn't on my mind. I wasn't thinking about giving up on my quit, I was thinking about giving up on some loved ones in my life. I have accepted that Quit means quit like Melody says and tend to look at other solutions to my frustrations or problems. Altough some may at the time be mostly jumping the gun.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: