quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

No not this time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deb

Quit Date:
February 5, 2010

PostPosted: January 6, 2006 11:57 AM    Post subject: No not this time Reply with quote

Geez, the old Scowling Demon is really tormenting me today. There's this little voice that is screaming in my ear "just one puff and you will feel better".

LIAR, LIAR,LIAR, LIAR, He's trying to suck me back in, been there, done that and I will not give in to the dirty little sucker this time. I cannot, I will not.

The first thing I did was get on these boards because, I cannot go through this HELL ever again and, with my history as many of you know that's what I've done in the past. I truly want this quit and I know how the addiction works. I am so incredibly crabby and I know in time, that this will pass too. I'm sorry to ramble but, it's a hell of a lot better than smoking. So, RAMBLE, RAMBLE and ramble some more. No, I'm not crazy just letting off some steam.

Thanks for listening.

Deb
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 6, 2006 12:12 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You go Deb! Do whatever you have to do. Take a shower, shake your booty, do the hokey pokey (as Zuzu famously made popular)......do anything and everything....EXCEPT SMOKE!

I used to find that a nice brisk walk helped me a lot. If that wore off....I'd take anothe one. And you know, even with not smoking....I managed to keep the inevitable weight gain at bay. Hey....take the dog with you....and if you don't have one...borrow one!

Hey.....here's an idea......go to your local humane society and offer to take THEIR dogs for a walk.....everyone will love you, and you'll find you won't have the time or energy to have a craving!

Keep up the good work Deb. You can do this.

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
swaneem

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 6, 2006 1:43 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're still in "hell week", Deb....NOT EASY!!! Shocked Hang in and don't smoke...you did the right thing by posting.

Maybe go to the "Getting Quit" section and reading the top tips for staying quit.....as well as www.whyquit.com. Make a list of why you are worth a life free from poison and all that you are grateful for. BREATHE DEEPLY.
Be very proud of yourself for taking this step.

YOU are in control with this quit.....you can choose not to smoke each time that urge hits. Don't give in to the nosense about "just one smoke"...
YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Donna

Just when the caterpillar thought his world was
coming to an end..........God made him a
BUTTERFLY.
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: January 6, 2006 1:51 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just know that you CAN do this. It is difficult in the beginning but really becomes much easier as time passes. And, it's so worth the effort. Snack on grapes; such a cinnamon stick; do whatever it takes but DON'T pick up a cigarette.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
nichole32818

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 6, 2006 2:27 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Deb,

I felt the SAME way last night and I just promised to myself that I would ride the wave and re-evaluate it in the morning. Don't give in to Laughing Demon ...this will pass.....this will pass....

I agree with everone else....do something, anything, to keep your mind occupied. Run around the block as fast as you can...put your favorite music on LOUD and dance, dance, dance! You can do this....it WILL pass!

You're doing a great job!
~Nichole
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 6, 2006 2:36 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

good for you for coming here and ranting instead of lighting up, deb! keep up the good work! Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
mtwilsonranch

Quit Date:
January 20, 2006

PostPosted: January 6, 2006 2:41 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb,

You did the right thing to post.,....Deep breath, repeat this 5 times....I agree with everyone here, dancing, walking, singing, taking a shower....

This urge to smoke is just that, the is Beast growling, look in the mirror at you, see yourself healing, see your lungs vacuming out the gunk, see them get pink......This is what you are doing, you are healing yourself.....Choose you..................

No more poison for you, keep on dancing and singing and post some more.......

Hugs to you,

Pam

Right Now, this minute, this hour, this day, I choose not to feed my addiction....
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: January 6, 2006 3:02 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb,

It always feels good to let off some steam sometimes. I'm glad too that you posted instead of smoking.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 7, 2006 10:23 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb Very Happy

All I can say is....YOU GO GIRL!!!!

That's the spirit...don't give in! You can and will beat this....just keep kicking Scowling Demon in the butt!!!

Yahoo for Deb....hanging tough and riding the storm out!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Big Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 7, 2006 5:16 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb,

Good for you for posting instead of smoking! See? It does work.

You got some really good advice, too. I'll just add that it's OK to cry in the shower, throw things (best they are not breakable, so you don't have to clean up the mess Laughing ), or even scream (with the music on LOUD enough?) But just do NOT SMOKE!!

Remember there will come a time very soon when this is over. Just hang tuff. And another thing, eventually it never happens again. Never! It's actually a very short time to suffer for a Lifetime of happiness and health.

When I look at your Avatar, I see a Non-Smoker. I always have. You'll do it! Very Happy

And keep posting!

Margaret
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: